Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with my 60# Motrons

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with my 60# Motrons

Hey guys, I have tried using the settings from several tunes from the HPTuners repository. Searching on here I have tried some different values and charts. No luck! With each of the settings I am still seeing a rich condition in my idle cells when I log VE with my LC1. Can someone tell me if there is a a way to log injector error in the VCM Scanner to set these up more accurately? Any help is greatly appreciated.

J
Old 05-28-2008, 06:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Supajut
Hey guys, I have tried using the settings from several tunes from the HPTuners repository. Searching on here I have tried some different values and charts. No luck! With each of the settings I am still seeing a rich condition in my idle cells when I log VE with my LC1. Can someone tell me if there is a a way to log injector error in the VCM Scanner to set these up more accurately? Any help is greatly appreciated.

J
Make sure you have them scaled correctly! I had to get some help with mine. Most of my problems were in my MAF table. Runs pretty well now! Get a professional tuner to look at your setup and tune.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

ok first of all, how much power are you making and what all have you done with the car?

For another part, you can go TOO BIG of an injector and you are just going to have to deal with a rich idle (there are SOME ways to also lean it out..FPR and such but that will only get you so far)

So post up what you got and we can see what we can do
Old 05-28-2008, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Ok guys thanks for the responses. First off I am not running a MAF. I am running NA Speed Density tune. I am unsure of the power the car is currently putting down, just got my current configuration together. I have stage 2 GTP heads, 11:1 compression, ported FAST, LTs and ORY, F11 cam, the Motron 60s, and all the other little supporting mods. I know the scaling of the injectors is off. I logged several tunes and scaled my VE and it would constantly want to take around 10% away from the bottom cells. I tried the settings from a couple tunes from the repository and those wanted to add to the lower cells. I know it can be done, but with my searching I just have not come up with a histogram to log with or an equation on how to scale them correctly. Thanks again for the help guys!!

J
Old 05-28-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

user Marcin's injector sizing spreadsheet
http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/
Old 05-28-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

ok, stage 2 heads / 11:1 compression / headers / FAST / f11 cam

why in the same hell are you running 60# injectors? those are WAY too big for that.

why don't you sell those and with the money you get from them grab some 42# injectors and solve all of your problems.

I'm serious when i say this, as I jumped on the 60# bandwagon because people said i would be fine and i would have plenty injector.... I idled rich and had problems, I researched more and found out I went to big and since then have been posting on here trying to prevent people from buying too large injectors and informing them of the math and different power levels each injector lb/hr supports.

Please please buy some smaller injectors, I promise that it will solve all your problems and I am not trying to come off as an *** or smartass in anyway.

Marcins sheet will not work for you, you can make all the adjustments to that table you want and it will not change your rich idle.

based on your mods I bet you are around the 430-450hp and 420-450tq range, 42# injectors will do you fine and have room for later.

I promise you this will fix all of your problems

to give a comparison, my friend is running:
Performance:
• Air lid
• 4” MAF bypass pipe
• Nick Williams 90mm throttle body
• Tony Mamo Ported 90mm LSX intake manifold
• AFR 205 heads, 61cc combustion chambers
• Dual springs (shimmed 0.030”), Ti retainers, 7.500” pushrods
• Yella Terra UltraLite rockers (shimmed 0.060”)
• Cometic head gaskets (0.040”)
• 230/232 0.598/0.587 112+4 cam
• QTP 1 ¾” HVMC full length headers with off-road y-pipe
• GMMG cat back with GMMG oval tips
• Summit 3” cutout with electric plate
• March under-drive pulley
• Electric water pump
• 346 cubic inch stock short block
• 11.4:1 Compression ratio, 8.81:1 DCR (runs 93 octane)
1 Bar OLSD (open loop, speed density) tune
• GM 39 lb/hr fuel injectors
• 255 lph plug-n-play fuel pump kit
• Fuel pump “hot wire” kit

and still has injector left...
he made 480HP and 436TQ

Last edited by ZL1Killa; 05-29-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:12 AM
On The Tree

The reason for the injectors is, as always, a good deal. I got them new for the same price I would have gotten new 42s for. I understand they are big, but figured they would give me some room to grow on, without having to upgrade them again with future mods. I take no offense and appreciate your honesty. Before my troubles I had not heard of so many people having a hard time setting them up (but you never do until its too late...) Guess I'm stuck with them for a little while as I sold my stockers and kinda need the car for now. Will start looking into the 42s, any brand preference or recommendation? Thanks!

J
Old 05-29-2008, 07:33 AM
TECH Resident

I use racetronix, but there is also RC injectors, which accommodate my sticky in the fuel and injection thread, they can make anysize you need and can flow match them.

see, you can sell those 60#ers and probably have money left over to buy "some" gas after buying 42#ers

Here is racetronix:
http://www.racetronix.com/

here is ***RC:
http://www.rceng.com/

** However, I do not know whether we need their peak and hold, or saturated injectors...will have to call them and find out or talk to someone up here

Here is some more info, so you can use it later and help me LOL.

Injectors have those fuel pressure ratings:

and our cars run at 58psi instead of 43.5psi... so there are the new lb/hr ratings

Last edited by ZL1Killa; 05-29-2008 at 07:57 AM.