Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

99 Pontiac Trans Am Medium Blue Metallic ? Anyone out there knows of it ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 99 Pontiac Trans Am Medium Blue Metallic ? Anyone out there knows of it ?

I am wondering how rare my Trans Am is.. ?? And wondering if anyone knows if is normal for the paint to start to chip being that my car was kept in Miami, FL Until I moved back to Melbourne. My Question is anyone knowledge about the medium blue metallic color used by GM to know if it is common for it to chip or Flake off in small dots ? with age heat and other natural elements. My car has never been painted ever... what is all you members take on this subject ? Thanks undftd.84
Attached Thumbnails 99 Pontiac Trans Am Medium Blue Metallic ? Anyone out there knows of it ?-home9.jpg  

Last edited by undftd.84; 01-30-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Mistaken Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes, MBM paint is rare.
Take pics of the "chipping" paint. Are they like rock chips? Is the paint fading? Peeling?
I have not heard of any abnormal paint wear with LS1 fbodies compared to other cars.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Is it doing it on the sail panel (the roof area behind the t-tops)?
Old 01-31-2013, 04:23 AM
Teching In

I will take better photos tomorrow.. to show you guys.. on here thanks for reaching back out interested in hearing everyone thoughts on it.. was lazy before to join the boards my brother told me too.. glad to see birds of a feather flock together.. here.. lol Thanks.. undftd.84 more pics coming up shortly and remember..............

Last edited by undftd.84; 01-31-2013 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Tagging
Old 01-31-2013, 04:31 AM
Teching In

It's Like A chipping off and leaving white chips.. around it.. nothing chipping around the T-Tops or Sail Panels either I'm lucky there are no leaks coming from there also.. where the chipping is concerned from what I am being told by one shop out here in Palm Bay, FL he recommended that it just might be time to do following touch ups or small restoration job. Which makes me think why probably GM didn't make many Trans Am's with the MBM Paint. Love my car for what it is.. I plan to take it to a professional shop to have the car redone due to the nature of the car itself to get redone next to GM factory grade and quality. I don't ever plan to sell my car it has 64,400 Original Miles on it, priceless in my eyes in many ways.. as for My Corvette it has 113k original miles the carries the stock Z51 Performance package. My girlfriend loves my rides.. and always get heads turning when I take them out on occasions.. on set at photoshoots with my other female Model friends. I've always appreciated my cars as they are like to see what's on the block here within the LS1 Forum community would like to pickup a G8 or GTO or perhaps a another Trans Am.. a Firehawk at that some time soon down the line.. to add to my small collection and always loved my Trans Am for what it is.. like to hear what everyone here has to say ?? on the MBM paint knowledge.. further thanks undftd.84

Last edited by undftd.84; 01-31-2013 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Tagging
Old 01-31-2013, 07:16 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Mine is fine with almost 200K on the clock. Except for the dents, scrapes and bashings I inflicted upon it
Old 01-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Cool Pics ??

Do Share
Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very rare color indeed, never seen one in that color.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Talking RARE... INDEED MBM Trans Am Proud Owner

I love my car.. since the 1st day.. Trans Am's were always my 1st choice over the twin brother camaro.. unfortunately the new camaro doesn't count as car.. NO OFFENSE this car looks too way cheesy.. I worked at a chevy dealer for short time selling them.. there nothing special like the older camaros at all which I like also !! Anyone here feels the same about the new camaro ??
Old 01-31-2013, 09:39 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Yeah, our Firebirds have curves and style. The "new" Camaro is too squared, the doors are too high and the tail is horrendous. It looks NOTHING like an original Camaro. Isn't what they were supposed to make it look like? And the idiots at GM made the new Corvette tail lights like the Camaro? STUPID.

The current Challanger and Mustang look like their originals. Honestly, I love the new Challanger. I'd rather have that than a new Camaro.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Default My Medium Blue Metallic Trans Am.. RULES !

Not only do our Trans Am look good they turn heads til today.. I think our Trans Am should be in sometime be very sought after take care of your bird my friend.. and cherish it. Cause idiots at GM did a gay move to kill PONTIAC.. I know the F-Bodies always had the right look before they discontinued them happy they did to be honest before they messed up the Trans Am totally.. Little does import trash out there know we ROCK and would fall under class of priceless in the history of F-Bodies ever produced. OUR MBM Factory paint job make us really rare My Trans Am always gets attention also at the light. And My neighbors wish they could own one I am sure or my corvette .. at that.. lol.. either way there cool anytime I show up to pickup my girl her girlfriends always give me compliments but then again it might be when the driver.. that appears next to his Trans Am or Corvette at that they wonder about.. she gets a bit upset.. afterwards and that becomes another convo all together...

Last edited by undftd.84; 01-31-2013 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Tagging
Old 01-31-2013, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Wink My Medium Blue Metallic Trans Am

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
Yeah, our Firebirds have curves and style. The "new" Camaro is too squared, the doors are too high and the tail is horrendous. It looks NOTHING like an original Camaro. Isn't what they were supposed to make it look like? And the idiots at GM made the new Corvette tail lights like the Camaro? STUPID.

The current Challanger and Mustang look like their originals. Honestly, I love the new Challanger. I'd rather have that than a new Camaro.
Prefer the term TRANS-AM.. Firebirds mistaken for that cheesy V6.. GM Stuffed in them.. just saying my friend it better we refer to greatness as greatness as we both know our cars are

Last edited by undftd.84; 01-31-2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Tagging
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Plenty of V8 non T/A Firebirds out there. And this is the Firebird section.

They're all nice!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by undftd.84
Prefer the term TRANS-AM.. Firebirds mistaken for that cheesy V6.. GM Stuffed in them.. just saying my friend it better we refer to greatness as greatness as we both know our cars are
What about Formulas?

Also, all Trans ams, Formulas, and Firehawks, and WS6's (no matter what trim or package they have on them) are all firebirds
Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

please don't call it a ws6 lol. Its either a trans am, formula, trans am ws6, or formula ws6. If people with mustangs started calling them ford gt's instead.. we would have a world of confusion.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sladester2
please don't call it a ws6 lol. Its either a trans am, formula, trans am ws6, or formula ws6. If people with mustangs started calling them ford gt's instead.. we would have a world of confusion.
Technically "Trans am" and "Formula" aren't models either, they're trim packages. WS6 isn't even a trim package. I agree with you on the Formula WS6 and Trans am WS6 thing (I hate when people say they want a "WS6 spoiler and front bumper", for instance), but I don't think anybody calls them "Pontiac WS6's".

What about a Firehawk? That's an option on top of a Formula or a Trans am just like the WS6 option was, but it's not a model and it's not a trim. So it wouldn't be acceptable to say, "Nice firehawk", or, "That's my firehawk."? Applying the same rule you mentioned for the "calling the car a ws6", you'd have to say "Nice Formula Firehawk" or "Nice Formula Trans am"

Not really disagreeing with you here, more or less pointing out that when people try to make rules for what firebirds should/shouldn't be called, it usually doesn't apply across the board of available models/trim/options well for some reason.

The only label that is always 100% correct is "Pontiac Firebird".

***MINDFUCK***
Old 02-01-2013, 12:48 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
What about Formulas?
I don't think anyone's gonna mistake my Formula for a V6 car.. lol
Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Question

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I don't think anyone's gonna mistake my Formula for a V6 car.. lol
Stick Ride... is your formula repainted ? I like the wheels you have on your formula.. Color is very impressive I remembered that back in a small 94-97 Run purple was a optional rare color combo.. to buy on the stock Trans Am or Formula.. from what I recall tell me abit your car DrEvyl.. ?? is it really Evyl..??
Old 02-01-2013, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

Technically "Trans am" and "Formula" aren't models either, they're trim packages. WS6 isn't even a trim package. I agree with you on the Formula WS6 and Trans am WS6 thing (I hate when people say they want a "WS6 spoiler and front bumper", for instance), but I don't think anybody calls them "Pontiac WS6's".

What about a Firehawk? That's an option on top of a Formula or a Trans am just like the WS6 option was, but it's not a model and it's not a trim. So it wouldn't be acceptable to say, "Nice firehawk", or, "That's my firehawk."? Applying the same rule you mentioned for the "calling the car a ws6", you'd have to say "Nice Formula Firehawk" or "Nice Formula Trans am"

Not really disagreeing with you here, more or less pointing out that when people try to make rules for what firebirds should/shouldn't be called, it usually doesn't apply across the board of available models/trim/options well for some reason.

The only label that is always 100% correct is "Pontiac Firebird".

***MINDFUCK***
I have been mindfucked lol! I guess calling my car a Pontiac Trans Am would be like calling a Mustang a Ford GT :O
Old 02-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Teching In

What about Formulas?

Also, all Trans ams, Formulas, and Firehawks, and WS6's (no matter what trim or package they have on them) are all firebirds

AGREEED>>> Let's Kick the V6's firebirds out the LS1tech boards if we find any deal ? technically this is LS1tech board.. Thus THE NAME POSTED ON THE TOP..
Again I will protect my car honor.. and report any non V8 to be deleted from here.. We should all make it our duties to separate the weak from the strong Lol
there worthless and should be melted down and should be used for certain interchangeable parts to feed our breed only to keep going !

Only the strong can survive survival of the fit in my jungle...

Last edited by undftd.84; 02-01-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Tagging

Quick Reply: 99 Pontiac Trans Am Medium Blue Metallic ? Anyone out there knows of it ?