Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

My BABY! SMASHED Red02Firehawk NEED ADVICE

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 07:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My BABY! SMASHED Red02Firehawk NEED ADVICE

I really NEED SOME ADVICE. WHAT DO I DO? DO I TRY & FIX IT? Can a front end that is moved left 6" to 8" with the entire front right wheel well smashed, BE FIXED? I have well over $40K in my baby with options, will I get screwed by the insurance company? Lawyers, bodymen, anyone with experience, please weigh in with your thoughts????!!!!????

I am so sore, and so so so pissed! My baby, my Firechicken, is cold fried chicken! Damn Lu Si Wui, why does America let immigrants drive?

Obituary: 2002 Red Formula Firehawk, loaded 6 speed, leather, Hurst, 17" wheels, Auburn diff., (everything except car cover and traction control), it is all smashed!!

STUPID ME! My local Harley dealer was having an Open House for their new store she just built. She was giving away a new Harley yesterday. I left about noon, to wish her well, and take my chance at that Harley Davidson softail, THAT WAS A MISTAKE!

I was waiting at a red light, the first in line to cross a major street that borders our development. A neighbor pulled up to my left in the left turn lane, in a white SUV, I eased forward to see the oncoming traffic. The light turned green, I glanced right and an SUV had already stopped in the far lane. Then I looked left and about 5 or 6 vehicles were coming to a stop, so I started across the intersection. I see a flash out of the corner of my eye, then BANG!!! I feel my body twisting, violently, to my right, and my head slamming into the t-top/roof. Thank God I had my seat belt on! I guess she saw the yellow and gassed it trying to get somewhere in a hurry, she was doing at least 45.

The next thing I know, I 'm dazed, and wondering what happened. Two guys are s asking me questions! My left hand hurts real bad and my head feels like it is about to explode. I checked for blood, I'm dazed, not sure what happened. Later, I asked, "Where did all the other cars go"? I would hope they would stay and give their names and statements. I knew the other car ran a red light. The guy answered, "I was next to you and saw the whole thing, and all the other cars left. He lived in my development, knew him, but not that well. And it had to be a damn Toyota Camry, taking on my just washed and shiny Pontiac Firebird Firehawk! The Toyota won! THOSE DAMN Japanese!

Why does everyone leave, and not stay and lend a hand? It's a crime in Kansas to leave the scene of a personal injury accident! They all left, no time to get involved in anything like this. (I attorneys/people who sue others that try to help, are largely to blame).

I have witnessed numerous accidents in my life. In every case, I was quick to lend assistance. In one case, a little boy riding his bike was hit by a city bus. He had a bad gash on his head, bleeding, with a compound fracture of his arm. He was crying and was very scared he'd get in trouble. I stayed to talk to him, and to assure him everything would be OK. He ended up having to have the arm pinned. I received a very nice card from his mother a few weeks later. My dad, who was with me, was very proud that I did what I did. From then on, I always stop and give assistance.

Well, I am sure I have a concussion, as I am very dizzy and still have a headache, now Monday early AM. My left hand is also bruised. My back hurts from the twisting action of the collision, but that is to be expected when you have had two fusions already done. It's probably just scar tissue being moved, no big deal. I will heal! I should have taken the ambulance, as my wife would not take me to the hospital, (she has too much shopping to do this weekend). I guess I will go today. The headache is about gone, but I am still very sore, and my neck muscles are sore and weak. On Saturday, I never even knew my neck was sore! I'll go see my doc, I hope the headache is gone by tonight! Thank God, I have pain pills already.

My baby, my very first new car that I ever ordered, is DONE, history, Austa LaVista, Sianora, Muerto! Once beautiful, my red 2002 Firebird Firehawk, highly modified to my liking, a hot dame all mine too, is now GONE! Damn, and they don't make them anymore. I just know the insurance company will try and screw me over. I paid $32+K for that one of kind, and very rare, last year edition. I added all the things I always wanted to do earlier in my life, but did not, because my kids took preference. Nearing 50, I finally decided to buy the car I always wanted.

For those with cell phones: Today's technology is not always, such a good idea. A neighborhood friend of my son came up on the acciden, he called my son, who was at work. Being the concerned son, who wanted to help, he called my daughter, after trying to reach my wife, who did not answer because she was onher way to come get me. Well, my daughter shows up, all upset, not knowing the situation at all. I am sure she probably ran 3 or 4 lights, and drove VERY fast to get to me and see how I was doing. Kids and cell phones don't always work out for the better! It took awhile, but she calmed down and went back to work.

No, I will not sell the hood. Well, maybe I will IF the bidding is worth it! I have already left a message with my insurance folks that I want first option on the carcus.

Gee, what do I buy now? A Ford Mustang? NO WAY! Though they are really cool, and I bleed Chevy red and Pontiac blue. Maybe a Caddy CTS-V or maybe another Corvette. I'm just not sure I can get in them anymore with all the titanium in my back.

Enjoy your cars (& kids) while you still have them!!! THOUGHTS ANYONE??

Old 11-29-2004, 08:12 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Just buy another 'bird.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Throw all the good **** into that formula? Don't worry buddy, you will find another sweet Firebird.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:14 AM
10 Second Club

hey there is a NEW 99 firehawk here forsale..........kinda expensive at like 25K but its new new never been off the lot other than test drives

sorry for your loss
Old 12-05-2004, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Just buy another 'bird.

Its not like they dont make them anymore

Oh wait...they dont
Old 12-07-2004, 05:02 AM
10 Second Club

Sorry for your loss. But it is reapearable. Me and my dad own a body shop here is Ga. We took a car that was hit a little worse than that and put it back together. The best thing to do is to find a donor car or find a car thats been hit in the rear cut from the A pillars forward and weld a new front end on the old gal and drop your motor back end and get her painted. I have a 2001 trans am with 13,000 miles on it that I have less than $10,000. Thats also with a custom paint job and wheels,Long tubes, abd borla exhaust. If you know anyone that does paint and body work they can definetly help you out.Also the insurance company will not give you more than arounf $18,000 for it and thats with low miles. We work with them everyday and they always try to figure out a way to screw someone. Good Luck man
Old 12-07-2004, 10:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Hayze
Its not like they dont make them anymore

Oh wait...they dont
So just buy a "like new" one.
Old 12-07-2004, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man you guys are cold.

Red02, sorry for the loss man. I'd suggest getting all you can get out of it and then trying to forget the accident. Stuff happens, it's way of life. I hope everything works out for you. Sounds like it was all her fault.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:14 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the guys in my car club had a really nice '99 T/A , it got smashed on the front right and was not his fault. The insurance company let him buy it back for 2700.00 after totalling it. At the very least , you could part it out and make money on it. His car got picked clean .It had 43,000 miles on it. The front clip is an idea but it will be a salvage title car after that , thus a severe drop in value . If you're mechanically inclined , buy it back , find a V6 Firebird pretty cheap and start swappin'.You do have several options here.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Very sad.........
Old 12-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Teching In

sux dude, i'm sorry, i hope your alright, get yourself checked out... as for your car... i'm sure you can find another one for sale
Old 12-21-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn you guys must not like your cars too much, to just beable to give up like that? i recently just wrecked mine. everyone said it couldnt be fixed but i didnt care. its my car, i build it that way, and thast waht i wanted. i thought abut getting another but it just made me sick. insurance quoted my 2000 ws6 with 47000 miles on it to be worth 22,500, i bought it for 19,300 2 years ago. the guys said it would be an insult to me to give me the average price becuase my car was far from average and in incredible condition. dont give up. anything can be fixed. might pay more for it but if you love your car that much FIX IT!

Quick Reply: My BABY! SMASHED Red02Firehawk NEED ADVICE