Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Finally an F-body owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally an F-body owner

Just got a black formula WS6. Has leather, power windows, t-tops, and basically all the other options that come standard with a TA. I bought it off e-bay, so i haven't actually seen or driven the car. Have seen pics though. Am going to ohio to pick it up, live in Texas now. I was wondering what the main difference between the WS6 TA and the WS6 formula. Havent seen real good pics of it yet. Will it say firebird on the back of the car, or Trans Am? Not a big deal to me. The buisness end of the car-read LS1 engine, is all that matters. I now the fog lights are different. OH, it is a 99 m6 w/ ONLY 22K miles on it. Picked it up for just under $14k! Think i got a pretty good deal.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:37 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Firebirds say 'Firebird' on the back and 'Firebird' on the doors, Formulas say 'Firebird' on the back and 'Formula' on the doors, and TAs say 'Trans Am' on the back and 'Trans Am' on the doors. Some differences between TAs and Formulas: Trans Ams come with a different hood with more air intake than Formulas, tend to have more 'luxury features' by default (such as leather seating and such), and tend to be heavier. The spoilers are different too; I think the TAs' is larger.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:04 PM
CT Hotness

from what i know, the formulas are more like a v6 body with the 8 in it, while the trans ams were made a little more "sportier"
Old 12-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

that is a great deal
Old 12-28-2004, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by landonew
Just got a black formula WS6. Has leather, power windows, t-tops, and basically all the other options that come standard with a TA. I bought it off e-bay, so i haven't actually seen or driven the car. Have seen pics though. Am going to ohio to pick it up, live in Texas now. I was wondering what the main difference between the WS6 TA and the WS6 formula. Havent seen real good pics of it yet. Will it say firebird on the back of the car, or Trans Am? Not a big deal to me. The buisness end of the car-read LS1 engine, is all that matters. I now the fog lights are different. OH, it is a 99 m6 w/ ONLY 22K miles on it. Picked it up for just under $14k! Think i got a pretty good deal.
Congrats on a great deal!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2004, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awsome!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2004, 06:11 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

The Trans Am is just an appearance package. There are no performance differences between the Formula and T/A. Formulas are lighter than Trans Ams however, and tend to run a little quicker if all else is equal.

I prefer the look of the Formulas over Trans Ams. Congrats on the new purchase!

Oh yeah, on the back of Formulas it reads "Firebird". That panel can be replaced easily with an all-black LT1 centerpiece, or the red logo paint can be removed and buffed smooth.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

congrats on the purchase, and this is a great site. where in tx are ya?