Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together
View Poll Results: Would you be interested?
Yes
72.22%
No
27.78%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Fixed TA Headlights Coming (thread from Feb 2005)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

__----__<
-O----O-- =
Flip-ups lights equal gay huh,

I believe his response was warranted due to other unintelligent people posting things such as above.

Originally Posted by JasonWW
Do you realize you come off as a mean and negative person? You might think about that when sharing your opinions. Sometimes "opinions" can hurt peoples feelings. You need to choose where and when to express yourself and I don't think all these supporters of BLMTA need to be scolded for wanting fixed lights.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

psykoTA, you quoted me, but I don't understand what you are saying. What is that funny looking blob of letters?
Old 04-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Staging Lane

i've only seen it on a few cars, it looks good on red, black , and dark blue. Just the darker, or not that light colors IMO.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by EvilTA
i've only seen it on a few cars, it looks good on red, black , and dark blue. Just the darker, or not that light colors IMO.
What did you see?
Old 04-08-2005, 08:02 AM
On The Tree

Pop-up Headlights

Reasons for:
Pretty

Resons against:
Weight
Weight Distribution
Areodynamics
Unnecessary cost/complexity

I'm not saying "pretty" isn't a valid arguement. It just doesn't do it for me.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:39 AM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

HA!

I don't agree with the fixed look, so I come off as mean and negative. lol Notice, as Psyko pointed out, who doesn't get called out like that. Whoo-boy. Pure comedy.

FYI Jason, I posted because 1 - that's what a discussion is, a sharing of viewpoints. If everyone is chiming in with a me too, it's an AOL circle jerk. 2 - As we see from Steve, people STILL have this ridiculous notion that they are somehow worse for aero, despite the fact that the only time it matters is during HIGH speed driving, which should only be done during the day and on a track. Going that fast at night is going too fast and you don't deserve the car. You're only going to end up reducing the numbers of a finite resource. On the contrary, they allow for a much sleeker nose, with more room inside. The only way to get exposed lights without a blunt nose is to eat up a lot of space inside setting them way back. And for that matter, a pound or 2 makes no difference one way or another.

Plus I can't help but wonder why you guys didn't just buy Camaros. :shrug:
Old 04-08-2005, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HPP
Cause we actually wanted AGRESSIVE looking cars... A car that not only is fast, but LOOKS fast...
Old 04-08-2005, 09:08 AM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
Cause we actually wanted AGRESSIVE looking cars... A car that not only is fast, but LOOKS fast...
I hear ya. So keep the look by keeping the headlights.

Old 04-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

I saw fixed headlights on them before. lol
Old 04-08-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

psykoTA, you quoted me, but I don't understand what you are saying. What is that funny looking blob of letters?
Someone trying to be stupid posted that blob of letters, and its supposed to be a car with flip-up lights that equals gay, scroll up a few posts. I think that sort of "picture" was incredibly ignorant. And because it was posted, HPP's response was warranted. Did that clear it up some?
Old 04-08-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by steve2001sh
Pop-up Headlights
Resons against:
Weight
Weight Distribution
Areodynamics
Are you serious? The only good reason for them, is if you like the look. The reasons above are salesman techniques.....
Old 04-08-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think smoked covers on a black car would look good.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HPP
HA!

I don't agree with the fixed look, so I come off as mean and negative. lol Notice, as Psyko pointed out, who doesn't get called out like that. Whoo-boy. Pure comedy.

FYI Jason, I posted because 1 - that's what a discussion is, a sharing of viewpoints. If everyone is chiming in with a me too, it's an AOL circle jerk. 2 - As we see from Steve, people STILL have this ridiculous notion that they are somehow worse for aero, despite the fact that the only time it matters is during HIGH speed driving, which should only be done during the day and on a track. Going that fast at night is going too fast and you don't deserve the car. You're only going to end up reducing the numbers of a finite resource. On the contrary, they allow for a much sleeker nose, with more room inside. The only way to get exposed lights without a blunt nose is to eat up a lot of space inside setting them way back. And for that matter, a pound or 2 makes no difference one way or another.

You sound like a real cool guy...
Attached Thumbnails Fixed TA Headlights Coming (thread from Feb 2005)-sub2.gif  
Old 04-09-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by EvilTA
I saw fixed headlights on them before. lol
You must be refering to the Breathless ones. They look pretty good in certain photos, but up close they are pretty ugly. You can see the low quality. I would not recommend anyone get those.
Originally Posted by HPP
HA!
I wasn't being funny, I was just letting you know what you sounded like, in case you didn't realize. Please ignore what I said if you already realize that.
Originally Posted by HPP
FYI Jason, I posted because 1 - that's what a discussion is, a sharing of viewpoints. If everyone is chiming in with a me too, it's an AOL circle jerk. Going that fast at night is going too fast and you don't deserve the car.
There is a difference between a discussion and someone coming in here and insulting people. Saying that people don't deserve their cars and the comment about buying camaros instead, that is just uncalled for and insulting. If you wish to share you viewpoints as to why you think camaros are better or if fixed lights on a trans am is wrong, please just make your case. Opinions are fine, but insults only hurt your argument and cause bad blood.

Also, not every discussion requires a "Devils Advocate". Some do and help, but others don't. It would make more sense if someone came in here and talked about the legality or other legitimate reasons for not buying this kit, but most of the guys here like the idea. Pretty much all the negative posts have not been about legitimate reasons, instead they have all been opinions about the looks. We all have our opinions, so folks are going to buy whatever they want, whether others think it is ugly or not.

Last edited by JasonWW; 04-10-2005 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:37 AM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Old 04-09-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Old 04-09-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Old 04-10-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wasn't being funny, I was just letting Psyko know what he sounded like, in case he didn't realize. Please ignore what I said if you already realize that.
You quoted HPP, saying what he sounded like. Not me. PM me if you have a problem with something I posted.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by psykoTA
You quoted HPP, saying what he sounded like. Not me. PM me if you have a problem with something I posted.
Yea, I meant HPP. He mentioned you in post #66 and then you mentioned him in post #70. I got you guys mixed up, sorry. I fixed my post #74 to reflect the right person.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Quick Reply: Fixed TA Headlights Coming (thread from Feb 2005)