Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Keep the ws6 or get cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow man , sounds like you got an awesome T/A bro. I like the Cobras too but damn you got a mean T/A . I would like to get a cobra but I love Firebirds and you do have the last model year..
Old 11-05-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TotallyNotAmused
A Cobra looks like it could kick your ***. A WS6 looks like its gonna come out of its way from doing whatever it was before hand just to beat you shitless, steal your cash, and bang your significant other...
That was fun stuff, we need more people talking like you on the forums. LOL.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would say 03 04 cobra cause its blown, but since your TA is too i'd keep that thing, hearing a whine from an f-body is just sick
Old 11-05-2005, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

*whipped* i think you're probably asking a objectional crowd but , uhh ws6 i'll steal a cobra and trade you if you really want, but i have seen some scarey cobras, and scary ws6s , but i think you'll regret it if you get rid of her, plus i heard mustangs are harder to modify and easier to break ( i actually looked into this on a mustang site)
Old 11-06-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Resident

WS6 all the way! Their is only so much you can do with the lame Mustang styling, the TA already looks twice as good. TA is much faster and more reliable. You have the last year made and it will hold it's value better than the Cobra. You know how your car has been drove. You've got a lot of work and time in the TA. Much more power and still gets better gas mileage. Come on man it's a ford.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by todd4168
My wife wants me to trade or sell it and get a 03-04 cobra. Please tell me what you guys think the pros and cons are. Please be honest....
Well, honestly, what do you want to do? If it was me, I wouldn't get rid of mine. It just depends on if you want to go with the wifes suggestion or do what you want to do, which may be the same as hers. Let me tell ya, only one person has the real "pro and cons" here, and that is you my friend. Somebody could give me 1001 reasons for doing something, but if I don't want to, I won't.

Everyone made fun of me when I was dating my wife, "She's gonna make you sell your KR car when you get married.", as so on and so forth. But she knew how important it is to me, so she totally supports my choice to keep it for the rest of my life, or sell it if I wanted to. Not to turn this into a Dr. Phil session, talk it over with your wife. The way I see it, if she is trying to talk you into doing something you don't want to do, let her know.

Good luck with whatever car you get or KEEP.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Id keep the TA. Why? Because you wont get near the money you have put into it back. It would be a lose lose situation $$$ wise. If you do get a cobra get a 03+
Old 11-06-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If I was going to trade my WS6 in it sure wouldn't be for an 03-04 model. Wait and grab one of the GT500's that are coming out soon. I think that would be more of a worthwhile trade with Shelby's name on it and all. As a matter of fact I'd probably trade my car in if it wasn't SOM and paid for.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Ok here is the point of view from a cobra owner. I got a 600+rwhp cobra but i am in the looks for a 99-02 TA just cause i LOVE the way they look. I must say for the money I liked how easy it was to make power on the cobra. I hate the IRS in the damn car! I am not really sure how TA's are cause i dont have one yet. So I cannot comment.

Pro's on Cobra:
Easy to make upper 400hp with very few mods
Runs 12's stock with a good driver
Looks Awesome [IMO]
Forged internals that can hold up to 1K hp
Nice interior

Cons
Does not Hold its value as well as a TA
IRS!
Clutch's suck
Heavy as F$ck
Dealers/people still want a premium for these cars.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

VenomInside - You think the clutch in your cobra sucks now wait till you get a WS6 with a stock clutch. After getting on it, it fades like crazy and gets real mushy. Thats a pro for the cobra imho. Also everyone read my previous post. It seems in the only one that has had both cars and honestly my post is right on between the two cars.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2005, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

^ thanks. Like i said, i dont know too much about ls1's but i know about cobra's so
Old 11-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Sell your wife and buy another WS6!! J/K buddy, .. all joking aside, I personally think you should post that same exact question on a Mustang forum, see what they have to say, then compare answers and come up with a decision. Good luck Todd, may the best car win.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

As one said, talk with your wife about it. Show her the pro and cons that you are getting on here about the change over...
Does she like fast cars? Does she mind you spending money to make them faster and have more power? Cause I know my wife says she doesnt understand why guys do that kinda thing....LMAO
Does she drive them like you drive them?
Why does she want a cobra? Can you afford to keep them both....

Just a bunch a questions for your question things to take into consideration my friend. Plus aint nothing wrong with having the best of both world's.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you really wanted a Cobra yourself, and yours wasn't modded to hell and back, with alot of tender loving care, time, and not to mention lots of money, then I would say if you want it, go for it.

With that said, it seems that it is your wife that wants this transaction more than you. I know there is no way I would get rid of my car for a Cobra if I had that much time and money invested in it.

I personally wouldn't get rid of my car as it is now for one. Now I would consider having both, but I wouldn't sacrifice the WS6 to have a cobra.

Good luck in whatever you decide!
Old 11-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Launching!

i agree with keeping it also! You just have SSSOOO much money and time involved in it! If you've got the cash get her the mustang. You can pick up a used one for pretty cheap. PLUS, your DEFINITLY not going to get nearly the amount you put into it, your going to loose SSSSOOOO much money!!!! Either way its your choice and good luck!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

with all you have done to it I'd say keep it...the Cobras are sick and I too like them but I also like the T/A's...I have a Lighting right now and I love it (runs 12.7's with 20's up front) so I have a feel for the blower and such. I'm actually getting a T/A here in a few weeks that is very nice and already has some nice mods. It's way cheaper then a Cobra and for what I want right now it's perfect..Killer looks and acceptable power.

Keep it!
Old 11-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Banned

You can get a stock t/a to run a 12 stock with a good driver
Old 11-07-2005, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't buy the Ford--you have a great car now!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Banned

I'd sell the WS6 and buy the Cobra, then trade it for a Firehawk!
Old 11-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

I would not sell my car if I were you, but if you decide to sell it or trade it in, let me know where, so that I can go to buy that awesome car. T/As have personality. Cobras are ok, but I can tell you that I still remember the first time when I saw a ws6 with the ram air package, it was just sick. Plus Dude, your car is making almost 500 hp!!! No offense, but what is your wife thinking? Is she related to the Ford family or something. What if after the buying the Cobra she wants to trade it in for a Honda Civic or a new Corolla.

Quick Reply: Keep the ws6 or get cobra