Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

T/A's and Firehawks in magazines question???

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T/A's and Firehawks in magazines question???

Hi guys, I'm wondering what issue Car and Driver...or any other magazine had the tests on the Trans Am's and Firehawks when they were new. I would like to know the month and year of any magazine that tested them, or had lots of color photos. I'm looking for all Trans Am WS6 and Firehawks from 1995 to 2002. Please let me know, them I'm going to search for them on eBay, thanks.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

High Performance Pontiac and Pontiac Enthusiast have some
Old 02-20-2006, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Just buy the book Firebird & Trans Am Performance Portfolio 1993-2000. It has articles from Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Road and Track, and some others. Not many Firehawks I think, but a ton of WS6s.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/185...Fencoding=UTF8

Edit: If you're not interested in the book, at the Amazon page you can look inside the book and see the table of contents, which lists all the articles and the month/year of each magazine they were in.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:32 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Look for this book: "Firebird & Trans Am Performance Portfolio 1993-2000" by Brookland Books

The book is a compilation of several magazine articles on the cars from all over the globe. The articles came from Road & Track, Motor Trend, Performance Car, Motor Australia, Autocar, Car South Africa, Hot Rod, Road & Track Specials, and Sports Car International. The only bummer is all the pages are black & white

Road & Track also released a similar book for both the Camaro & Firebird, but I don't have that one yet
Attached Thumbnails T/A's and Firehawks in magazines question???-bird_book.jpg   T/A's and Firehawks in magazines question???-camaro_firebird_book.gif  
Old 02-20-2006, 08:35 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bbfirebird
Just buy the book Firebird & Trans Am Performance Portfolio 1993-2000. It has articles from Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Road and Track, and some others. Not many Firehawks I think, but a ton of WS6s.

Edit: If you're not interested in the book, at the Amazon page you can look inside the book and see the table of contents, which lists all the articles and the month/year of each magazine they were in.
Wow, we were thinking the same thing at the same time
Old 02-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a Car and Driver or Road and Track rag about 5 years ago testing an LS1 Firehawk, 'vette, Porsche, Shelby series1, and some others.

They said that the Firehawk had a "gaudy" rear wing and basically crapped on it the whole time even though it turned better numbers than some of the others.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bbfirebird

That's a very nice book!
Old 02-22-2006, 08:48 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks guys I just ordered myself a copy.

Quick Reply: T/A's and Firehawks in magazines question???