Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

I'm going to miss this thing.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 08:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unhappy I'm going to miss this thing.

Well I got myself in trouble with some tickets and it looks like things that go fast get me in trouble *cough... bike.... cough* so my car is going up for sale. I love it to death, but its just getting to impracticle and there are bigger things. I'll be looking at some newer BMW's (no,not their 'claimed fast ones' I have a decently fast car and if i wanted something fast, i'd keep it) So.. good bye car! Who knows.. Vettes are semi practicle...
Old 08-03-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oo dont be that guy....and how are you let a 600 get you into trouble...and dont punish your car because of that...hmm but, if you are going to get rid of it for sureeeee sell it stock....lol cause you got some nice parts
Old 08-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could buy the Trans Am from ya. It's perfect and would be a nice daily driver for me. I just cant come up with $8.5k after installing the Incon kit in my '02.

My LT1 car is nice, but I'd love to have that one...

Any way we can get you to change your mind?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

Why not sell the thing thats giving you the tickets..

the bike =)
Old 08-04-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ yea like i said its only a 600.....damn at least get in trouble with a r1 or something
Old 08-04-2006, 08:08 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dimitri-
Why not sell the thing thats giving you the tickets..

the bike =)
I agree. Sell the actual problem instead of just putting a band-aid on it.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:14 AM
Banned

He's mentioned selling the T/A in the past... maybe he just wants "out."
Old 08-04-2006, 08:52 AM
10 Second Club

Well heres the scoop, I have 6 points on my record (one of which was from this car, 36 in a 25...dude couldnt even cut me a break) the rest stupid things a couple of years ago. Well I got caught running an SS on the bike a few nights back and got a 'reckless driving', and 'participating in an illegal contest of speed' which both add up to 6 points. So if they hit me full force.. thats 12 points on my record. I honestly need money for a lawyer to save my liscense and I dont know how else to get it. Although this might be a biased question.. what would you guys do in my situation, because trust me, I dont want it gone.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:06 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Trust
Well heres the scoop, I have 6 points on my record (one of which was from this car, 36 in a 25...dude couldnt even cut me a break) the rest stupid things a couple of years ago. Well I got caught running an SS on the bike a few nights back and got a 'reckless driving', and 'participating in an illegal contest of speed' which both add up to 6 points. So if they hit me full force.. thats 12 points on my record. I honestly need money for a lawyer to save my liscense and I dont know how else to get it. Although this might be a biased question.. what would you guys do in my situation, because trust me, I dont want it gone.
Would you be able to sell the bike and get enough to cover your legal fees? Or would you rather keep the bike more than you would the car?
Old 08-04-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put the vehicle that has the higher insurance in storage. Call the insurance and tell them to change it to storage only. That will cut down on some expenses.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:30 AM
10 Second Club

Theres no way I'm keeping the bike, The thing with the bike is that I JUST got it, so selling it will barely pay it off. But until I find a new car, that will have to get me around.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

What you want to keep must in the long run...the bike or the car, think this hard and long and I hope you will see it as the rest of the guys. Anyway good luck with your decision!
Old 08-04-2006, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont really see that vettes are even as practical as an f-body. I think if you wanted practical you would buy a honda
Old 08-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Trust
Theres no way I'm keeping the bike, The thing with the bike is that I JUST got it, so selling it will barely pay it off. But until I find a new car, that will have to get me around.
Dude, you can't pick up groceries with a bike, or ride it in the pouring rain to work.

Keep the car and ditch the new bike, even if it's a loss.

When you buy another car what are you really going to get for the price you're selling the Trans Am for? Especially if you take out $1k for lawyer costs.

Get a credit card and put the lawyer bill on it and pay it off over a year. Sell the bike and keep your "practical" car... the Trans Am that you know how to work on yourself. (No mechanic bills) The money you wouldn've spent on the bike payment would more than pay off the credit card in 8-12 months.

Just my $.02 ~Joshua

p.s.- don't sell it!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

You could always use the car as collateral on an "auto loan" to pay legal fees, that's what i'm doing with my debt consolidation... =)
Old 08-04-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

or you could slow your *** down and be more aware lol cmon man....how do you keep getting caught
Old 08-04-2006, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

I'd say get rid of the bike right now- there's just zero practicality there except for good gas mileage, and a lot of temptation. Awfully hard to get much groceries in one. If you sell it before your case comes up it could make you look good and penitent to the judge, too.

On the car side:
If you're really wanting to get rid of the fast temptations, WHY are you considering a vette? They're a lot less practical than an f-body, too- no hatchback for oversize cargo, no back seat.
Bimmers ain't cheap, to buy or repair- if you're strapped for money for the lawyer, that's probably not the way to go.
I'd try to save the car, but if you need to sell it for money or force yourself to go slow, find out what the blue book is and determine what percentage of that you can afford to spend on car to give you an idea of what you can replace it with. Oh, and before you make that decision see if you can find out what your insurance is going to be after all that hits your record.

good luck in court, man.

-sectari
Old 08-05-2006, 02:12 PM
10 Second Club

The bike is already gone, theres no money left over from that though. This was my thought process...my car is paid off, so if I sell it for 8.5k that leaves me 2.5k to pay the tickets/lawyer fees etc. leaving me being able to put 6k down on a new car, then just go from there. I've had 2 bimmers before and never had issues with them. So I was going to go that route. I did just talk to my dad though, and I've never asked for help when I've been in trouble, but he said if I need it, that he will take care of it. Should I do that?

Originally Posted by staringback05
or you could slow your *** down and be more aware lol cmon man....how do you keep getting caught
How have I kept getting caught? This is the first time in 2 years for me to get a ticket??
Old 08-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Banned

if you think about it... you'll probly end up blowing MORE money by selling the car, and going new... you'll owe a **** load on a new car, whereas like joshua said, get some type of credit, or loan, get that taken care of... pay off the loan, and start from scratch. would you rather owe 2k on a loan/credit, or 25k on a new car? try the loan, pay it off, you've got a fresh start, AND you can keep your car.

one of my friends recently traded his red ls1 t/a with full bolt ons because he thought it was "impractical"... he traded it on a 06 auto GTO... to this day, he regrets every second of doing that deal, he even thought about going to try and get it back, because he missed it so much.

so i'll tell you right now, that if you trade that car in, you'll hate yourself for it in a couple weeks.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heres what I'd do, keep the car, and just ask Dad for some help with the money... Trust me- parents are a lot easier when it comes to help with money, and they arent as demanding as the banks- you can just pay them off a little here and little there, plus 0% insterst- how can you go wrong. I just dont wanna see you sell that great car there for a bimmer all b/c you got in a little trouble having fun. It happens to everyone...TRUST ME!!!! My parents were sooo cool about my situation(which was worse then yours-legal wise) and they just payed for everything up front and I just payed them back when ever I could- no sweat. Anyways- keep the car, if not there will be some lucky person getting a nice car.

Quick Reply: I'm going to miss this thing.