Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Ethics on WS6?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by noriceinside
well just to throw this out...two weeks ago i purchased an 02 WS6. 41,500 miles, completely stock, perfect condition in and out. $16,995.
Very nice find! Did you pick it up from a dealer or private sale? Most of the ones I see have been dealers prices on cars with less than 30k miles and in more cases less than 20k miles. Also a lot depends on where you live like if WS6's or Trans Am's are rougher to find in that area and so forth.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a black 95 Z28 with a 98-02 front end with the SS hood, rear deck spoiler and the chrome ss ZR1 5 spokes and painted SS grille and 35th anniversary stripes on it. Why did I do that to this car? Because in my opinion it looks bad ***. When asked I just tell the truth, as I dont like to lie to people. Who really gives a **** what others think I built this car myself for myself by myself not anyone else. I did not try to spend money I dont have to impress people I dont like anyway. All you have to do is tell one person that it is something that it isnt and they know better and your busted, not that it really matters but who would want to be caught in a lie.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoLLo
Would it be ethical, to put a WS6 badge on it and just say "Yes", under the Law of F-Bodies? I know everyone will say "well it's not a WS6, why fake it".... but would you do it?

/puts on flamesuit.
Nope.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Would it be ethical, to put a WS6 badge on it and just say "Yes", under the Law of F-Bodies? I know everyone will say "well it's not a WS6, why fake it".... but would you do it?

/puts on flamesuit.
If you do the oem WS6 wheels or aftermarkets, oem ram air hood, aftermarket exhaust tips. Who's gonna be able to tell the difference between the two, just by looking at it. It's like the person who turned their Formula into a Trans Am WS6 look alike. Sitting next to an actual Trans Am WS6 you can't tell the difference. Though I trhink the guy ho did the conversion had different fog lights.

I have a black 95 Z28 with a 98-02 front end with the SS hood, rear deck spoiler and the chrome ss ZR1 5 spokes and painted SS grille and 35th anniversary stripes on it. Why did I do that to this car? Because in my opinion it looks bad ***. When asked I just tell the truth, as I dont like to lie to people. Who really gives a **** what others think I built this car myself for myself by myself not anyone else. I did not try to spend money I dont have to impress people I dont like anyway. All you have to do is tell one person that it is something that it isnt and they know better and your busted, not that it really matters but who would want to be caught in a lie.
You're exactly right! This exactly what I think of my car and how I approach it. If that's your car in your avatar that looks pretty sweet.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Posing = To represent oneself falsely; pretend to be other than what one is. Look it up!

IMHO as long as you dont put the WS6 badges then you wont be posing / a poser.
Putting the badges on the car is labeling that car for something that is not!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hows this for Ethics? Getting a new RPO sheet that says WS6 on it, since you have all the goodies
Old 11-02-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Formula350
Hows this for Ethics? Getting a new RPO sheet that says WS6 on it, since you have all the goodies

Not gonna happen. RPO sticker inside the door jamb is a one time only application. Cant be pulled from another car and transferred to another without destroying it, they are made to be that way. And if you were to do that it is illegal. I dont know about other states but in Illinois it is for sure. Even if you could the VIN number will alway say that it is or is not a real WS6 If you had to go through all the red tape and hassle it would be cheaper in the long run just to buy the real McCoy. Just my .02
Old 11-02-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1 Bad *** Formula
If you do the oem WS6 wheels or aftermarkets, oem ram air hood, aftermarket exhaust tips. Who's gonna be able to tell the difference between the two, just by looking at it. It's like the person who turned their Formula into a Trans Am WS6 look alike. Sitting next to an actual Trans Am WS6 you can't tell the difference. Though I trhink the guy ho did the conversion had different fog lights.

You're exactly right! This exactly what I think of my car and how I approach it. If that's your car in your avatar that looks pretty sweet.

Thanks and yes that is my car in the avatar. Not to bad for a 95 Z that I bought totaled from the insurance Co. and did all the work myself to put it back on the road.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Formula350
That would practically be impossible, unfortunately. The only way it could happen is to find the whole entire door from a WS6 car that has the RPO Code on it. Even then probably half of the other RPO Codes would not match up to your car.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1 Bad *** Formula
That would practically be impossible, unfortunately. The only way it could happen is to find the whole entire door from a WS6 car that has the RPO Code on it. Even then probably half of the other RPO Codes would not match up to your car.

Not only that but the VIN will always say what the car is.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its your car do what you want.

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
Putting a WS6 badge on a car that was not built w/ the WS6 RPO is not only un-ethical, it is "RICER" and could easily (eventually) be construed as fraud. While YOU may claim that you'd never sell it as a "true" WS6, the next guy who buys your car might not, either intentionally or from ignorance. I've lost count of the number of posts here from new folks who thought they purchased a "true WS6" only to find out later that it's a FAKE. Some folks don't really care, but others do, and would be certainly within their rights to be pissed off.

Please explain WHAT a "true WS7" is. Is it something YOU made up? Or some other guy on another board? Because it certainly isn't something created by GM or Pontiac, therefore there is no such thing as a "true WS7" other than in the minds of people making their cars into clones. No doubt, adding a WS7 badge is totally acceptable (still RICER IMO), while adding a WS6 badge is not.
This is the problem with the new guys, they miss the countless posts on the subjects before, and don't search. I can hardly see how buyer negligence, i.e., not looking at RPO codes, could even be associated with fraud. Like you said, there are those who don't care, and those who do, surely those who do would check the RPO's right? Would it make you happy if he removed the badge prior to trading it in, or selling it?

Research is the key, simply googling WS7 would have helped you out and you would have discovered it is an actual GM code, and it has been used, instead of trying to make him look stupid, you succeeded in the opposite. By your definition of ricer, anybody that mods their car would be considered a ricer because their car didn't come with those mods .
Old 11-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Launching!

Since were on the topic, WTF is my car considered? I have a '00 Firehawk all original.. SLP package from the factory. Everyone ask me if it's WS6 and I tell them no. They also tell me it's not a real Trans Am because I don't have Ram Air. I guess because I don't have the big 4-pc. Ram Air design like a T/A does, they think my Firehawk hood is just a plain jain hood.. Even though my Ram Air is functional.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GunshotZ28
Since were on the topic, WTF is my car considered? I have a '00 Firehawk all original.. SLP package from the factory. Everyone ask me if it's WS6 and I tell them no. They also tell me it's not a real Trans Am because I don't have Ram Air. I guess because I don't have the big 4-pc. Ram Air design like a T/A does, they think my Firehawk hood is just a plain jain hood.. Even though my Ram Air is functional.
Your car would be considered awesome. End of discussion.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vetman1
Your car would be considered awesome. End of discussion.
Lol.. Thanks man.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

your car, your money, do what ever the F)&* you want, who cares what everyone else thinks. If someone doesn't like it, than thats his problem. . .
Old 11-05-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cumbias
your car, your money, do what ever the F)&* you want, who cares what everyone else thinks. If someone doesn't like it, than thats his problem. . .
well put my friend!
Old 11-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

I have the WS6 upgrades on my car, but it's not a WS6 -- and I like it that way. Some people have the opinion that the WS6 options make it better -- so I figure it gives me a bit of an advantage to keep it under cover. I tell them "just the hood" and let them think what they will. Besides, in 2000 GM built more WS6 packages than non-WS6, so I think it makes my car a bit more rare, lol.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Launching!

So I'm guessing my car is just a Firehawk, huh?
Old 11-05-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Firehawk > WS.6....

And more rare....
Old 11-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GunshotZ28
So I'm guessing my car is just a Firehawk, huh?
You can call it anything you want -- I'd call it desireable!

Quick Reply: Ethics on WS6?