Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Livernois Stage 1 G8 GT goes 12.4 @ 117 mph

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't the difference between them be in the efficiency of the blower? If the 2300 say, requires less power to make the same amount of boost that's better...or maybe the 1900 takes less power?
Old 04-19-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
TT C6 - What's with the shitty attitude?
He's been crabby for a while now, maybe it's his persona. We had the same issue over on the GRRRR8 forum GinNePa and I moderate...bashing, derrogatory comments, weight of xxxx, 2300>1900 and you're dumb if you buy the 1900, blah blah blah.

Spend $500 more all to run the same boost? Knowingly most people are not willing to push the stock limitations of these motors, therefore it negates the notion of getting the 2300 to plan for future mods. Sounds pretty ******* stupid to me, and a waste of money.

Now if someone has a plan to build a fully forged motor, or swap in one, then a 2300 WOULD be a more logical choice.

There's still the potential to get that little bit more with a 3.2 pulley w/ the 1900 if someone wants to get a little more radical, and not push the envelope.

Last edited by '02 WS6; 04-19-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by '02 WS6
Sounds pretty ******* stupid to me, and a waste of money.
You must be pretty ******* stupid if you can't understand why the 2300 is better than the 1900.

Your little site is as childish as it's name, too.
Who the hell names their site after "Tony the Tiger's " catch phrase ???
What a joke.

Last edited by TT C6; 04-19-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TT C6
You must be pretty ******* stupid if you can't understand why the 2300 is better than the 1900.

Your little site is as childish as it's name, too.
Who the hell names their site after "Tony the Tiger's " catch phrase ???
What a joke.
I wouldn't understand a tool like yourself to understand

Is that all you offer as a rebuttal on the 2300vs1900? FAIL! As I stated before, take your "bigger is better" ball and go home, you have nothing to offer here. Peace.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Banned

Now if someone has a plan to build a fully forged motor, or swap in one, then a 2300 WOULD be a more logical choice.
There's still the potential to get that little bit more with a 3.2 pulley w/ the 1900 if someone wants to get a little more radical, and not push the envelope.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and try to explain my position again.
The 2300 is NOT like a BIG centri or turbo that is going to suffer from boost lag when UNDERdriven on a stock motor because it is a positive displacement blower.
Even if you PLAN to NEVER turn up the boost, the odds say you will want more
power/boost. Any of us that have been doing this for a while knows that we ALWAYS end up wanting more power until that power proves to be too much headache for our patience and/or wallet. (breakage).
Lastly, even if YOU never turn up the boost, the future owner of your car, or blower, probably will. Either way, the larger blower will have higher resale because it will appeal to a wider range.

Case in point, you can't give away a Maggie MP112 to a Corvette guy right now.
But, a ECS Novi will have great resale because you can re-sell it to BOTH a stock engine daily driver guy OR a guy wanting to build a 9 second race car.
The ECS Novi is a centri that has more potential for "lag" issues and it STILL offers expandability. The 2300 can definitely offer the same expandability, and more, because it's a positive displacement with virtually ZERO lag compared to a centri.

Does the above make sense ????

I wouldn't understand a tool like yourself to understand

Is that all you offer as a rebuttal on the 2300vs1900? FAIL! As I stated before, take your "bigger is better" ball and go home, you have nothing to offer here. Peace.
I only wish we could continue this conversation in person.

I suggest we both practice some self restraint and take any future references of each other to private messages. The entire forum should not be subjected to our rants. Fair?

Last edited by TT C6; 04-22-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm gonna go out on a limb and try to explain my position again.
The 2300 is NOT like a BIG centri or turbo that is going to suffer from boost lag when UNDERdriven on a stock motor because it is a positive displacement blower.
Even if you PLAN to NEVER turn up the boost, the odds say you will want more
power/boost. Any of us that have been doing this for a while knows that we ALWAYS end up wanting more power until that power proves to be too much headache for our patience and/or wallet. (breakage).
Lastely, even if YOU never turn up the boost, the future owner of your car, or blower, probably will. Either way, the larger blower will have higher resale because it will appeal to a wider range.
I doubt the size of the blower will have much of an impact positively on resale, on a non-supercharged production car. In the even it does, not much attention will be paid to the differences of 1900 over 2300 when the boost referenced is the same est. psi.

To debate your boost topic in an ADULT manner, you can save the $500 over for the 2300, run the stock pulley, and if the need to run more boost is there, spend that $500 saved and buy a 3.2 pulley.

Judging by the people I've seen buying/running the TVS would be perfectly fine with that plan, and are reasonable, and smart enough not to want to push the limits of the motor. That totally justifies the reasoning behind buying a 1900, what is so hard to understand about that? Only the more hardcore people are buying the 2300, which is basically in a nutshell what it is.

And FYI, everyone on here has witnessed first hand your negative attitude and resposes to anyone that has any differing opinion from that of yours, so the pm messages are not needed.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

called Livernois Motorsports today and got my CAI on the way
Old 04-22-2009, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

I'm in the same boat....Need some DRs.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edmanet
I'm in the same boat....Need some DRs.
Yeah, you definitely do Roy!

-Rick
Old 04-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Banned

To everyone who has been busting my *****:

When you find out what blower Maggie is releasing as part of their NEW Camaro/GXP G8 system,
make sure you post a public apology to me.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK .....you've one-upped us all...

Last edited by '02 WS6; 04-22-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:07 PM
12 Second Club

That info has only been available for what, a month?
Old 04-22-2009, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Silly site huh. I guess thats why YOUR know it all *** isnt there anymore. Oh, tell me about meeting me in person or how I will be laying flat on my back. You may be right, with my dick sticking staight up in the air so you can BLOW ME bad ***!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:55 PM
blownerator

Magnacharger does NOT manufacture the blower. EATON does.
Maggie SELLS a system that mates the EATON blower to certain cars.
Maggie still advises customers to use SMALL MP112 on a SIX LITRE LS2s when FORD is putting the TVS on their tiny 4.6 motors.

So, frankly I don't give a **** what Maggie is selling people that go to them for advice. If you have to ask advice from a salesmen, you already f@cked usually.
It's kind of shitty to say this, but the only reason I can come up with why they do that is because Maggie want to make a sale TODAY,
OR because they can SELL you SECOND blower down the road.
I have no other theories.

Uhhh, we're not talking about dresses here, bro.
It's science. Not opinion.

Hey *** hat, I am the person that said the 1900 is a better supercharger for a stock motor....and most forged motors. Are we putting a 2300 on the 6.2? Yes the market demanded it....however we KNOW the 1900 is better on the street. I am speaking from experience, knowledge and hard data. I will sell whatever the customer asks for, if someone must have the 2300 then fine, I know what the right blower for the job is.

Another point, get your facts straight. Magnuson buys JUST the rotating group or ROTORS from EATON. EVERYTHING else is manufactured by Magnuson leaving ZERO compromises in the design. Before you spout off your bullshit, make sure your facts are straight. Your argument on price vs car vs supercharger is weak as well. If you knew the facts you would know that the CTS-V actually made MORE power than the ZRI, and the Caddy group was asked to turn it down a bit so it did not show up the poster child ZR1.

Take your BS facts and STFU, go crawl back under the rock you came from.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

Well...

That's gone well now, hasn't it?

Old 04-22-2009, 11:07 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa
Well...

That's gone well now, hasn't it?

Screw that clown.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
If you knew the facts you would know that the CTS-V actually made MORE power than the ZRI, and the Caddy group was asked to turn it down a bit so it did not show up the poster child ZR1.
Do you really think we are stupid enough to believe the LSA makes MORE power than the LS9????
You sound like the one of the douche bags from Callaway/Magnacharger still telling customers to put a MP112 on a 6.0 litre motor.
I don't give a f@ck if you OWN Magnacharger,
bullshit is still bullshit, no matter how you sling it.
Magnacharger re-packages EATON'S technology. Get over yourself.

Frankly, I think Magnacharger product has been **** for a LONG time.
The MP112 and MP122 are a joke compared to the twin turbo and centris available for the C5/C6. It's usually some "waxer" running a Maggie because they like the way the Maggie "shines" at a car show.
What a joke!

You guys all talk real tough over the internet.
Make sure you run your mouths in person when we meet at the track or gathering.

Last edited by TT C6; 04-23-2009 at 04:20 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:18 AM
12 Second Club

Do you really think we are stupid enough to believe the LSA makes MORE power than the LS9????
You sound like the one of the douche bags from Callaway/Magnacharger still telling customers to put a MP112 on a 6.0 litre motor.

The MP112 and MP122 are a joke compared to the twin turbo and centris available for the C5/C6. It's usually some "waxer" running a Maggie because they like the way the Maggie "shines" at a car show.
What a joke!

"Be nice to me on the internet or I'll beat you up!"

What a ***.

Are you 12?

Do you really own a car or drive daddy's?

Old 04-23-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

What a joke!
That's funny. Weren't you the same person telling the guy in his thread of just buying an '09 GT that he should stay away from Twin Turbos, and go with a TVS 2300. I belive you told him to PM you so you could disperse your reasoning. You just contradicted yourself.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:31 AM
blownerator

What a joke!

Boy I really missed you Rob....LMFAO

Quick Reply: Livernois Stage 1 G8 GT goes 12.4 @ 117 mph