Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad06SS
And what's worse for me, is that since I'm in sales, I'm going to have to deal with people coming in asking about a V6 Firehawk G8.
Um, I don't think that will be a problem for you...
Old 09-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Lets assume for a moment it is going to be called something other than a "firehawk".
What is the price going to be? Will it be another 2 grand for stickers, cai, and catback?
What will it offer over a GXP for the money?
Old 09-23-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

QUOTE=WS6RACING;10161364]Im sorry but have you guys even driven one. I have and its no grocery getter. This car will blow the doors off any stock F-body. Sorry to say but just because it has 4 doors dont knock it till you try it. this car stuck me in my seat and now adding SLP touch it will do even more. Unless you are modded dont mess with this car because it will tear that *** up.[/QUOTE]

yes i have driven one, and no it wouldnt "blow the doors off any stock fbody"

ok well yeah your right, the lt1. and it has close stock times as the gto.

and as for slp using the Firehawk nameplate

you guys that sit in the offices there couldnt come up w/ even one new name? sure were all into performance but come on this is just sad

-brandon

are you guys (slp) even listening to our concerns? or just gonna go about your own ways?

why dont you use the Judge name? dont you have the rights to that still/now
Old 09-23-2008, 05:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by triggerjerk
Lets assume for a moment it is going to be called something other than a "firehawk".
What is the price going to be? Will it be another 2 grand for stickers, cai, and catback?
What will it offer over a GXP for the money?

Again, I cannot get into the details, but take cues from what we've done with SS and Firehawk in the past and more. Add a supercharger (even on the GXP) and much, much more. 50 state legal and fully warranted.

Give me some time as I've stated several times in this thread, we are not yet ready to post the info due to several obligations.

Regards,

David
Old 09-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Launching!

Well now, a blown GXP with a warranty seems appealing if priced right!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Well the stock f-body time i beleive is 13.2 but I have yet to see one run that at the track. Thats why I say the G8 would win. Cmon the GXP will have over 400hp. And the WS6 had 325. Hmmm

I am only saying that atleast Its a bad *** car and not a Cobalt. Anf the reason they are using the old name is not because of "out of ideas" its marketing and everyone knows the specialness of the Firehawk.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TransAm578
Um, I don't think that will be a problem for you...
You'd be surprised.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6RACING
Well the stock f-body time i beleive is 13.2 but I have yet to see one run that at the track. Thats why I say the G8 would win. Cmon the GXP will have over 400hp. And the WS6 had 325. Hmmm

I am only saying that atleast Its a bad *** car and not a Cobalt. Anf the reason they are using the old name is not because of "out of ideas" its marketing and everyone knows the specialness of the Firehawk.
The 02 Firehawk was 345HP and weighed...3500lbs. And the G8 you drove weighs 3,995 lbs and has 362hp (because you havent drove a GXP.) Like I said....it wont whip my ***.

And the point about the "specialness" of the Firehawk is exactly the point we have been making...
Old 09-23-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

At 31yrs of age, with children I feel I am what Pontiac considers their demographic for the G8. I like the performance and "class" of a 5series BMW,E class Mercedes or A6 sedan. However, I would prefer to stay with an American brand like Pontiac or Chevrolet due to the vehicles I have owned in my past;Trans Am,GTP,Envoy,etc.

The idea of an SLP branded G8 that would be considered the "best" of the offered model appeals to me a great deal. It's not that I don't like to modify my own vehicles. I do and will. It's more that I'd like to have something a little special that I won't see everyday and people won't mistake for a base model. I'd like it to look a little more aggressive/sporty and perform better.

That being said I would definitely consider an SLP G8 over a G8 GXP. I will not however purchase a Firehawk G8. It just doesn't sound good to me. The graphical treatments presented are not appealing either. What worked GREAT in my opinion on the Firebird doesn't work well at all on the G8.

I will likely purchase a G8 GXP and apply tasteful modifications. I'm considering parts from or similar to those used by HSV.

Also, I hope that David does not think all members of this board are unappreciative of what he has done for the community over the years. I am and I'm sure many others are as well.

Good luck to SLP, it's unfortunate I will not be a customer in the future.

Last edited by Cheatin' Chad; 09-23-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typographical errors
Old 09-23-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was a big Firehawk fan, and fell in love with the original fixed headlight version as seen on MotorTrend Television circa 1997 0r 1998, I think I still have the VHS tape.

A Firehawk should be based on a Firebird. Calling the SLP G8 a Firehawk really dilutes the name. It must have been a been counters decision. Why couldn't SLP choose a different acronym to draw on Pontiac's Heritage. They could have used G8 SD. For those who remember the Pontiac Super Duty's. Maybe you could add the reverse intake shaker.

Please SLP, whatever you do, do not make a Gold edition. That was really ugly on the 4th gen's.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6RACING
First of all LS1 = 350 hp stock. Plus you're in Colorado, where the air is thinner. Thinner air will result in a slower time at the drag strip. Weight of the car has a lot to do with it too.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm very dissapointed... I like Tonys idea calling it an SLP G8 rather than a Firehawk.

Firehawk has zero relation to the G8 other than the fact that its a Pontiac. An Australian one at that.. BIG DEAL.. I could have thought of a million other names besides Firehawk... gimme a break.

I would have expected more from SLP. This isn't nothing else than a complete FAIL and the sales of this so called firehawk will show when its released..
Old 09-23-2008, 06:49 PM
12 Second Club

I like the G8 SD Idea HOSS99!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Where it says HSV replace with SLP I think that would look better than Firehawk.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
We all love power and performance Dave. But, this new "Firehawk" simply makes our Firebird versions less special now.

The car itself might kick serious ***, but you have now diluted something that many of us considered special.

I must concur, and the whole reason I bought the Hawk was for its exclusivity. Not a bad idea to promote the G*, but I must agree with the census......name it something else.

I SWORE I WOULD NEVER SELL THE HAWK, but with the GM sail panel issue and now this, I am now experiencing a change of mind.

David, my humblest apologies and I know you guys spent much money securing the "Firehawk" name, but I am very dissappointed, I've got to admit!

Last edited by Firehawk526; 09-23-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Banned

What an epic fail. Another badge whored out....
Old 09-23-2008, 07:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by MMMM_ERT
What an epic fail. Another badge whored out....

Thanks Pete.

Regards,

David
Old 09-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by David Hamburger
Thanks Pete.

Regards,

David
You know I have never minced my words Dave.

You guys should have come up with another name.

This is worse than slapping an "SS" badge on a Cobalt.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Okay, i'm not a Firehawk owner (i wish i was) but i have ALWAYS loved Firebirds ever since i was a really little kid. I have been impressed with the products that SLP sells for the most part (take a look at my sig) but i have to say this...my respect for SLP just went swirling round and round into the frikken toilet and i'm probably going to go other places for my future parts because i just see this as the most insulting thing you could do to ANYBODY who has a passion for our cars.

The idea for a G8 built up by SLP = Awesome!!
The idea of naming it a Firehawk = The absolute WORST idea i had ever heard of!!!

If i were to see one of these for the first time on the road with no prior knowledge to a Firehawk G8, i would think that some riceboy slapped some firehawk stickers on his car. This is even worse than people putting WS6 badges on 6 cyl firebirds!!! I'm sorry but Firehawk belongs to the Firebird (look at the similarities between the two names, it's pretty obvious...) I think that whoever the hell comes up with the names at SLP must be braindead if they can't even come up with ONE new name for a new car...that they have to use a name that has been only ever used on the firebird.

Oh.....and a Firehawk G8 V6.....if I were you i would let the name die rather than stick it on something as sorry as this.
Oh...and btw

Last edited by WS-Six; 09-23-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 214 Likes on 95 Posts

This is almost as bad as trying to pass an Australian made tank as a "GTO".

Quick Reply: Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss