Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cDWPvhiPWg
Old 09-27-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ wow that brings back some memories When i was like 6 and actually watched that ****
Old 09-27-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm gonna bid all over this sum-bitch, ...
My new "Firehawk"!!!
http://tinyurl.com/535j27

Yea-Ba-by!!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Yeah uhhh, after finding this out...No SLP for me.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:45 PM

This is gay. I will not only never buy one, but I will mock those who do buy one.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by David Hamburger
Another current Firehawk owner just emailed me and here was my response, which I hope current Firehawk owners can accept:
Ok I dont like this at all but being ur SLP Eng closed up 4 years ago will these mean they will be opening up again? Also will this mean I will get my junk wheels u sold me replaced?
Old 09-27-2008, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by PontiacSpeed91
Yeah uhhh, after finding this out...No SLP for me.
Im with u on this and also after I got a PM like this from Dave I wont ever buy SLP stuff again.

Checkout my PM I got back from Dave Hamburgh

David Hamburger
LS1TECH Sponsor

Trader Rating: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetnStrip
Is there any kind of warranty on ur wheels. I have a set that was next to new when I got them 4 years ago and they havent seen the road since 2004. The damn things are pitting and I know in a mater of time the chrome will be flacking off. Is there anything u guys are doing about this problem being there ur wheels.

Hi,

The company that we had which built the OEM vehicles for GM (SLP Engineering) was shut down four years ago. SLP Performance Parts had no real affiliation with SLP Engineering other than being the Exhaust Supplier. Unfortunately because we (SLP Performance Parts) are not the supplier/manufacturer, we cannot offer a warranty for another companies product.

When SLP Engineering did shut down, we did purchase the balance of their painted Firehawk wheels which we do have in stock.

Regards,

David Hamburger
SLP Performance Parts, Inc.
www.slponline.com
Old 09-28-2008, 02:02 AM
12 Second Club

Im sure you could still change the name. Look at what Ford had to do, change the FiveHundred back to Taurus. They did - so can you I do like "SLP G8"

And if you don't make cars like the Brabus, or AMG, or DINAN, somebody should. Wish I had the resources.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with whoever first said that those 1 : 3 odds are insane....

Not only Insane but Impossible, given what I just read on at least 10 different forums posted earlier.... I am amazed that anyone can even think thats true....

The dealerships calling like crazy for these cars should also still have some GTOs leftover from their first production run... You can put the Hawks right next to those. Goodluck.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David Hamburger
Wrong, Our number one selling product is a Mustang item. The F-body market is small in comparison the the Mustang and Dodge markets. We still do well with the F-Body items, but the Mustang items outsell them.

Regards,

David

Maybe this was answered but I am not reading all 500+ responses but what is the top Mustang items? Unless yall are selling the hell out of line locks, pulleys, stick on hood scoops, window louvers and decals I have yet to see anything SLP on any Mustang or Dodge and I frequent alot of local car shows. Just curious. Maybe it is popular in other parts of the country.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss4chad
Boy Dave did you guys at SLP miss the mark here.
I am a 43 year old male, wife, 2 kids, house outside of Houston, Tx, make 82K, I have a dog (best friend by the way) I have a 03 GMC Truck, an 02 Camaro SS, just bought a 2008 Impala LTZ for the wife and I was looking for a daily commuter. Would you consider me as your "Target Buyer"?
I bet your voting for Obama too arent you? Tell ya what, why not just sell SLP to Subaru and make a WRX Fire Falcon!
I am your demographic or "Target Buyer" and I am an F Body owner. You sir are a putz!
No offense, have a great weekend!
CT
Reply of the year...

Responses like this are the reason Dave went to another source for feedback. Some folks can't be mature long enough to get good responses so why should he bother. I am not saying that they should use the Hawk name but I can see where he comes from by not coming here.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow,there goes that name!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ntimid8r7
Maybe this was answered but I am not reading all 500+ responses but what is the top Mustang items? Unless yall are selling the hell out of line locks, pulleys, stick on hood scoops, window louvers and decals I have yet to see anything SLP on any Mustang or Dodge and I frequent alot of local car shows. Just curious. Maybe it is popular in other parts of the country.
your not alone. up here in missouri, nothign SLP goes on to the 1.8million mustangs running around. all i hear is steeda, roush, saleen, basani (k&n goes on everyones car lol) and the usually mustang parts suppliers you'd think of.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

A rep from SLP visited the Camaro/Firebird car show at the Texas State Fair yesterday. Thankfully for him, i wasnt there when he showed up, but i was told he hyped up the G8 Firehawk, and he also dropped off some catalogues that featured some discontinued products
Old 09-28-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A rep from SLP visited the Camaro/Firebird car show at the Texas State Fair yesterday
I wish I would have been there, Did anyone tell him their thoughts??
Old 09-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

If my memory serves me, at one time you could not order Firehawk emblems, hoods etc. unless you supplied the dealer with your vin number , thats how special they were.

This is a slap in the face to all who own Firehawk's.

Ryan
Old 09-28-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Let's stay mature in this thread, fellas. We're all adults here.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flyin ryan
If my memory serves me, at one time you could not order Firehawk emblems, hoods etc. unless you supplied the dealer with your vin number , thats how special they were.

Ryan
Yes and if your Firehawk hood was damaged you had to send them the damaged hood before they sent a replacement. Now they are sold to anyone...funny.

I feel for the Original Firehawk guys. Yet it appears that SLP has made the decision and will be doing it their way. So the most we can do is just sit back and watch as the G8 Firehawk slowly disappears into obscurity.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by flyin ryan

Ryan
Its simple as this they new what they were doing. They made the big $$$ and in the end all of us firehawk owners got screwed.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:53 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I love how Dave keeps saying that they have nothing to do with SLP engineering, that it was a different company than SLP perf parts. No kidding, but just because they are different companies, they were run and founded by the Hamburgers, or at least that's what I was lead to beleive.

It's funny how now SLP perf parts claims credit for creating and making upwards of 60k niche vehicles, but then claims they aren't responsible for any of the flaws and warranty items because SLP engineering is out of business.

Don't get me started on what SLP perf parts charges for a dyno... and I'm not talking about tuning, just dynoing a car. You'd think that the hand of God was dynoing it.

Quick Reply: Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss