TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd def. drive that solstice
Old 09-29-2008, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ntimid8r7
Reply of the year...

Responses like this are the reason Dave went to another source for feedback. Some folks can't be mature long enough to get good responses so why should he bother. I am not saying that they should use the Hawk name but I can see where he comes from by not coming here.
Without going overboard,
A good market analyst goes to many places for feedback, obviously this site as well as countless others were not consulted. Therefore the vast amount of negative feedback and other attacks on Dave and SLP are numerous and somewhat warranted.
As a member of this community I can express my opinions as I choose.
In case you arent getting it,
Thanks for your input.
CT
Old 09-29-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see why they couldn't just make an SLP edition of the G8 and give it it's own name.

This would be like if Pontiac brought in a car that was made overseas and just slapped a badge on it and tried to pass it off as another car.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm gonna put "firehawk" decals on my 91 Sierra and my grandma's Escalade. Tony-that sig is priceless.

Last edited by Detoxx03; 09-29-2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: wtf
Old 09-29-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1vazquez
This would be like if Pontiac brought in a car that was made overseas and just slapped a badge on it and tried to pass it off as another car.
You are so subtle lol

Originally Posted by Ntimid8r7
Responses like this are the reason Dave went to another source for feedback. Some folks can't be mature long enough to get good responses so why should he bother. I am not saying that they should use the Hawk name but I can see where he comes from by not coming here.
The responses from these people are 'immature' BECAUSE we weren't polled, or asked how we felt about it. It he had came here first, discussed it with us, and went from there, our mood would be drastically different. However, all that happened was we got nuked by this information, w/o any warning. Use some common sense! If I came and repossessed your car w/o any notices to pay off whoever, you'd be pretty damn pissed! Had you gotten notices and didn't pay it off, you'd still be bad, but at least knew it was coming.

Maybe SLP will offer 1/2 the Firehawk package price back to original Firehawk buyers. (First hand buyers, not second, third, etc.)
Old 09-29-2008, 05:04 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I think I figured out who SLP's target audience is..... those people who don't use or know about the internet.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I think I figured out who SLP's target audience is..... those people who don't know anything.
Fixed.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Not only do I not get this, but that comparison fail horribly with what is going on.

I meant Mad, not Bad And you're comparing the wrong portions. Sure, having a car reposed vs a option packing are two completely different thing. I'm referring to the aspect of not being informed on something that you could have, potentially, had some influence on the final outcome. Had we been given notice on this idea SLP had and asked our opinion on, there might still be some chapped asses, but at least we'd have been asked about it. We could also have the peace of mind, that we did all we could have to change their mind.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

High Performance Pontiac just put up a blog about the annoucment of the new Firehawk on their home page....be sure to post your comments there so they will be heard (both good and bad of course...I want to be sure to be fair!)
http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...ity/index.html

It only takes a second to register if your not already a member.

BTW PLEASE KEEP YOUR COMMENTS CIVIL AND CLEAN....THEN MAYBE THEY WONT GET DELETED!

Last edited by 97ramsst; 09-29-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
High Performance Pontiac just put up a blog about the annoucment of the new Firehawk on their home page....be sure to post your comments there so they will be heard (both good and bad of course...I want to be sure to be fair!)
http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...ity/index.html

It only takes a second to register if your not already a member.

BTW PLEASE KEEP YOUR COMMENTS CIVIL AND CLEAN....THEN MAYBE THEY WONT GET DELETED!
Comments are getting deleted because people are being straight up dumb-***** with their replies. I have asked repeatedly to be civil and so have the admins and other staff members.

I'm sure you already know this, but I'm again, trying to be as clear as possible for anyone who thinks they want to be funny and make a retarded post.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Comments are getting deleted because people are being straight up dumb-***** with their replies. I have asked repeatedly to be civil and so have the admins and other staff members.

I'm sure you already know this, but I'm again, trying to be as clear as possible for anyone who thinks they want to be funny and make a retarded post.
Actually I meant the posts on that sight...you guys are doing an excellent job here. But I suspect that SLP has enough pull there that there is a good chance of any negative comments being deleted. They if they are legit and get deleted we will know HPP is in SLPs pocket and if they dont then they are legit.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Regular

WHy not just let the "firehawk" name die with the Trans Am. Something original like the Fireball package or the like would be better and not step on any toes.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

I just saw the link... You can't put the Firehawk name to the G8!!!! It would be a disgrace, honestly. I haven't been able to read the entire post yet but from what I have seen nobody has mentioned to follow what BUICK (of all brands) did. There is a reason why we are not seeing current Grand Nationals running around. At least Buick would be using the same base model of a Regal. Maybe GM is losing it with names...Buick LaCrosse GNX...come on...

Let it rest with the Firebirds...
Old 09-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Default apparently, not that my money matters.

i dont own a firehawk, but ever since i purchased my 99 TA the ONLY aftermarket parts i ever put on my car were SLP. SLP long tubes (overpriced) SLP y pipe, SLP Flo-Pac, SLP loundmouth (sounds like ***). The point is i purchased these parts because i felt that SLP was a guinuine brand that actually cared about the cars that they are part of, and the customers who made them what they are. well no more, i will not purchase one more part from them, as well i will be removing the SLP logo from my engine bay and removing my SLP plate frame. +1 loyal customer lost, thanks SLP
Old 09-30-2008, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thing looks pretty sweet, better than a stock G8 for sure.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

WTF David, you let us down, SLP you let us down more...
Old 09-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by kornfreak_401
WTF David, you let us down, SLP you let us down more...
Agreed, this is BS!

Last edited by Nine Ball; 09-30-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Pimp

Lame..

Just thinking about it makes me ill.. What if Ford called the next Sedan a Cobra? Come on....
Old 09-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Launching!

well i have removed every SLP logo from my vehicle, i even covered up the one on the lid. SLP i am just 1 more loyal customer you have lost over this mess up. and for the record i own a COMP T/A and a 10th ann. Firehawk but i damn sure wont be spending anymore of my money with a back stabbing company like you.:

Last edited by Nine Ball; 09-30-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Default G8 Hawk... just thinking out loud.

Oh Good got your attention...

I agree with the FireHawk nomenclature only belonging to the Firebird.

The progression of the Firebird model moving into the Firehawk makes perfect sense!

So far everyone has only made comments with out many solutions.
Not that SLP will listen but here is my thought.

The Solution...

The G8 Monster.
Sophisticated 400HP - 500HP probably need black out the emblems anyway...
But one gets the point.

I just think it sounds good and definitely spells out performance...

Just a thought...

Quick Reply: Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss