Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why dont they just call it the firechicken or firechiklet??? firehawk on a four door other than a firebird.... **** that
Old 09-28-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
So when will they announce the introduction of the G3 Firehawk? A Vibe Firehawk? A Torrent Firehawk?

While I like the G8 GT/GXP, I don't like the idea of using the Firehawk name on anything that isn't deserving. A 4 door V6 G8 Firehawk? Terrible, absolutely terrible... Way to diminish an icon...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa
thanks I needed that
Old 09-28-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Let's stay mature in this thread, fellas. We're all adults here.
Anyone that can't be mature is going to get some harsh penalties. I have asked you guys two times, Vendetta has asked, Xsta has asked, and Nineball has asked. It should not take that many Staff members to keep you fools in line!

It's not hard to be mature here.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmm. Firehawk G8 now huh? Well I guess there's no changing that now that it seems decided. Those of us who really know what a Firehawk really is will always know, and nothing can ever replace it IMO. I really hope it's at least limited in production and not just a sticker mod.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would have been better to call it the ws6 package or somthing

Firehawk makes no sense, and this car is not going to sell as good and they are thinking it is
Old 09-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Launching!

It is just the same sad story of Super Sport. It goes on everything now. My jaw dropped when it was placed on the Cobalt.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by TransFan
It is just the same sad story of Super Sport. It goes on everything now. My jaw dropped when it was placed on the Cobalt.

X1000 Now my car has been grouped with grocery getting pickups, soccer mom mobiles, and damned HHR's how in the hell can a HHR be an SS. Bullshit. I enjoyed having a piece of american muscle heritage and a vehicle that makes the "TARGET" consumer think back to the 60's/70's real bad to the bone muscle cars, now I suspect when people see my car they think ooh there is one of those zippy little chevy cars with those cool lookin wheels and those big two S stickers, I hear they fit lots of grocerys and baby seats!! Okay maybe its not that bad but I am definately dissapointed that when I finally get something with such a legacy/history it has been just given away like it was never anything to begin with.

I feel Especially sorry for you firehawk guys, for the extremely short bit of reading I did in this thread it seems like every response from the person you are trying to get some sympathy from comes back with a slap in the face or trying to sell you something, I am just speechless. I know that I dont plan on purchasing anything SLP, whats the point its the same **** as everything else right its just a name.

Last edited by 00pooterSS; 09-29-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

At least SLP didn't slap the Firehawk name onto a MUSTANG!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Staging Lane

Default Here are a few real Firehawks

If you're going to make an omlet you've got to break some eggs.....

In my opinion the Firehawk name was watered down starting with the fourth generation cars. Too bad the economy and the extensive mods almost broke SLP at the start.

SLP knows what they are doing and I trust they have done significant research before making a decision like this.

I'm not crazy about the idea but it's going to happen so maybe SLP will show the world how Firehawk got it's start and will bring new interest in F-Body Firehawks?

Greg

Here's a pic of three real and ORIGINAL Firehawks.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:20 AM
STF Veteran

I'm sure that SLP has invested a lot of money into the new Firehawk deal and they are probably past the point of no return. I haven't owned a Firebird Firehawk but I did own a 1999 SS Camaro #1886.

Like I stated, I'm sure it's too late for this but, I really wish SLP would reconsider using the Firehawk name.

I genuinely believe you could get just as much if not more return from just the SLP name than you could using the Firehawk name.

Good luck either way.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:57 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Vinyl decals cost a lot of money? Not really.

Nothing is keeping them from doing so. It is now a "brand", right? Not a type of vehicle. Personally, I'd rather see it on a 2-door V8 Mustang over a 4-door sedan. But, both of those ideas make as much sense as this:

Old 09-29-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Michael02hawk

YET you mean!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:32 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Is that a pancake on a hamster/guinea pig?
Old 09-29-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
The name wouldn't ever die as you stated, there are (were?) 1000s of Firehawk enthusiasts and fans that will not forget what it is. There are 1000s more Firehawk fans that don't even own Firehawks, bet they will not like this news either.
I don't have time to read the other 27 pages, but when I got my 91 and found out there was a 92 Firehawk, that was the coolest thing! Then later when I got a 4th Gen and found more Firehawks, that was even better! I know I'll most likely (99% sure) never own a Firehawk, but it is a Firebird upgrade ONLY. G8 already has something like that you're going for, GXP.

This is like Callaway making an Impala Sledgehammer.

Originally Posted by SLP Dude
As sad as it is, there will not be another Firebird or Trans Am so that we can do a "Coupe" Firehawk.
What about that bad *** Aussie concept 2dr? Why doesn't SLP do a one-time vehicle and import a few thousand of those? Why not wait for the GTO to come back?

Or flat out, why not just think of a different name?!

Last edited by Formula350; 09-29-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

haha, I can see it now...

"so what do you have?"
"Oh, I have a firehawk, basic bolt ons."
"I love those g8's! they are so cool!"
"uh, bye" (drives away in his firebird/firehawk.)

I can't believe people are going to have to say firebird firehawk now...
Old 09-29-2008, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

PSJ and Nine Ball have the right Idea..

I would love to see a G8 with a brushed SLP logo on the other side.

Thats the market I thought GM built the G8 for, to go after the BMW's and Mercedes.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

when i think of a "Firehawk" I think of a bird. With "fire" in the name, I think of a Firebird. NOT A G8.

There is only so much that someone can say to keep it mature, but this is a slap in the face for people who paid the premium for there Firehawk f-bods. period.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slick1851
Would have been better to call it the ws6 package or somthing

Firehawk makes no sense, and this car is not going to sell as good and they are thinking it is
Please don't give GM any ideas about using WS6 again

Re-enforcing though how the G8 is an awsome car, but the firehawk name actually makes no logical sense!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehatcher
when i think of a "Firehawk" I think of a bird. With "fire" in the name, I think of a Firebird. NOT A G8.

There is only so much that someone can say to keep it mature, but this is a slap in the face for people who paid the premium for there Firehawk f-bods. period.
Indeed. Firebird, Firehawk.

There is only ONE car that I can somewhat say I would condone the Firehawk name to be on, and that would be the Fiero. But since that's not in question, NM

And now for "WHEN BOREDOM STRIKES!!"

First up is the 1964 M151A Firehawk, which I'm the happy owner of.

I also put on order the 2010 Pontiac Solstice Firehawk Supercharged!
Old 09-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

This is no different than watching someone slap a Z06 emblem on a Chevy Malibu, a Ford Fusion with the Cobra emblems, or a G6 with a WS6 emblem. I have actually seen this on the road! I am also in marketing and it is truly sad to not know your clientele and what they want. It is not necessary to directly poll people on the site to have known before hand that this fiasco would have created such an uprising. The G8 is being made to compete with BMW- therefore, not specifically for muscle car enthusiasts, which means that SLP might have believed no harm would be done in re-using the treasured name for an unrelated market and new consumers who really have no investment in the name Firehawk.
What I cannot understand is, that if these new target consumers would just think "oh how cool, a fast car with a Firehawk badge"... then why not give it another name and let this new Pontiac make a name for itself? A name like G8 GXP-R, G8 S, even G8 Hawk or any other connotation that would lead one to understand that this new G8 is more than just a factory milled G8.
This truly is a marketing travesty because all the loyal Firehawk customers were lead to believe years ago that they owned something special, irreplacable and limited- only to see the name being re-invented as a trim badge on a 4 door sedan. SLP... FIRE-bird= FIREhawk not G8= FIREhawk. I suppose anyone who purchases this car can just take off the poser emblems and be happy with their SLP mods... at least, this is what my boyfriend is planning when he buys one.

Quick Reply: Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss