Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here are a couple more
http://www.ricekiller.com/forums/sho...00#post1079200
http://www.okgmp.com/Community/showt...light=firehawk
funny how even the none GM guys dont like it.
with all the negative from the f-body and gm guys and galls that tell all there friends, how do you really expect this this to work out. that is a really big group of peeps that is in the negative and its just getting bigger every day. I hope slp goes under for this stuped idea.

Last edited by 00hawk120; 09-26-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yeah, I just saw Nine Ball's new sig. That is awesome (anyone who hasn't seen it needs to!) Forget buying bumper stickers for who you are voting for, I'm buying a Firehawk sticker for everyone on my block!
Old 09-26-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by David Hamburger
Does it not matter that we've been doing this for 20+ Years? We've been in the Hi-Performance Industry since the sixties working with Chrysler, Hamburger's Oil Pans, etc.. We've built 77,000 OEM Vehicles for GM and Ford and we know where we are going with this. SLP is the largest volume niche vehicle, second stage manufacturer period - we still have some things up our sleeves.
It only matters if you're keen to work in the here and now, and not keep trying what worked 20 years ago and tomorrow wondering why the plan failed.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brains
It only matters if you're keen to work in the here and now, and not keep trying what worked 20 years ago and tomorrow wondering why the plan failed.
Exactly. Again, I say, the statement in Dave's post is the same mentality that put Ford and Chevy where they are today: on the way out. They could have said this same thing that Dave said a few years ago, "Hey, we've been doing this for 60, or 80, or 100 years. I think we know what we're doing...".

Obviously that's not the case with those companies and it's showing now. Don't make the stupid mistake of not listening to the consumers just because you want to keep one of your namesakes alive. It will hurt you in the end.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

As an employee of one of the largest and most enthusiast friendly dealers in D/FW, I can tell you that the phones have not been ringing off the hook over the so called excitement of a Firehawk badged G8. I know that we will most likely be ordering one but this car will not be a volume seller.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

The name has been a joke on all the boards I frequent:

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...light=firehawk
http://forum.fbody.us/showthread.php?t=55939
http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/...light=firehawk

Three positive to one negative.. ha. Complete opposite.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Teching In

this is even a joke on the NJFBOA.com board. Im from nj and we've always had a little bit of pride for having SLP being based in Toms River but even the NJfbody owners are agreeing. bad move SLP

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37266
Old 09-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Launching!

The only real negative attention is from the F-Body community. For every negative post I get here, I'm getting 3 positive emails from consumers ready for the new Firehawk. Here's an example I just got a few minutes ago:

The dealers are still emailing and the magazines are still calling and I can barely keep up.

Regards,

David
More proof that you just don't get it. Why would you post up a letter from someone saying forget about the F-Body crowd on an F-Body website? Is any of this getting through to you? I'll be honest, I do applaud you for responding in this thread, but your posts just keep making me more angry.

You seem to not be concerned about our opinion... your "focus group" and some random guy that almost fell off his sofa will be buying the car...great.

It has been beaten to death, but you need to hear it again...call it the SLP G8. Wouldn't this make more sense to your company as a whole? Let's assume the car is great. The company as a whole will be highlighted since the car is referrencing SLP directly in the name. This would be in contrast to "G8 Firehawk"...which many people who have never heard of SLP may not even know your company makes it.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Morpheus
As an employee of one of the largest and most enthusiast friendly dealers in D/FW, I can tell you that the phones have not been ringing off the hook over the so called excitement of a Firehawk badged G8. I know that we will most likely be ordering one but this car will not be a volume seller.

Maybe when the guy fell from the sofa he took the phone line with him too.....it could happen....
Old 09-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Teching In

i joined LS1tech because of a post from pro-touring.com started by Nine Ball. i'm glad he made the members over there aware of this.

mr. Hamburger, first of all i'd like to thank you for being such a sport by continuing to make replies to this thread. i have to be honest and let you know that this is a poor decision. after reading these 20+ pages i find myself not angry w/ you, but quite honestly saddened. i don't know what else to say...this just sucks and my stomach feels bleh .
Old 09-26-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it might be time for SLP to cut its losses on the resources and materials spent for the G8 "Firehawk" and can it.

Just take those thousands of little SLP logo emblems that you give away and stick em on the G8. Done.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Me thinks that reality and truth proved too great a match for the new FAILhawk and it's overlords of registered mark.

yes, someone else posted FAILhawk, so I'm jacking that nick for this post.

Poorly trained marketing folks like that make me revisit thoughts of buying a GXP. I don't need people asking me if it's a Firehawk. I don't like to be associated with turds.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Damn Tony, just noticed the new sig...Diggin the firehawk SRT10 coupe!

That's even more rare/valuable/badass than the already first edition it was previously!

William
Old 09-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Default Spy shot

Attached Thumbnails Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss-failhawk.jpg  
Old 09-26-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^^
that looks about right,
now throw some 22's on it to complete the look along with sport stripes and a screamin chicken on the nose while your at it and dont the forget the
"RAM AIR" script on the hood nostrils

dam i wish i knew how to photoshop good lol
Old 09-26-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

I would really like to know who the hell he was talking to. A g8 Firehawk?? What's next? Hell, why not modify a G6 and put an SS hood on it? Better yet, get a beat to **** sunfire, put a trans am hatch on it with a ram air hood and call it a trans am........
Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Teching In

My two cent don't like the idea of firehawk being used on anything beside the firebird. To me it just fit the car perfect, when someone say I a firehawk I think of a pissed off bunny,snake, and chicken eaten bird that tears it prey into pieces. just my two cent.

Last edited by Redz/28; 09-29-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I heard there was going to be a Yugo Firehawk too!!! What a way for the Yugo to make a come back!!! Thanks SLP!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:17 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Does it not matter that we've been doing this for 20+ Years? We've been in the Hi-Performance Industry since the sixties working with Chrysler, Hamburger's Oil Pans, etc.. We've built 77,000 OEM Vehicles for GM and Ford and we know where we are going with this. SLP is the largest volume niche vehicle, second stage manufacturer period - we still have some things up our sleeves.

Regards,

David
Absolutely, loved your 4th gen products. For me it's a concern that the G8 sedan should target the mature-buyer market (like me), and keep the car classy and not make it derivative.

Hope to bump into you at Sema or PRI and hope there will be no hard feelings.

John
98 Camaro SS #2786 (back in the day)
Old 09-26-2008, 11:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boy Dave did you guys at SLP miss the mark here.
I am a 43 year old male, wife, 2 kids, house outside of Houston, Tx, make 82K, I have a dog (best friend by the way) I have a 03 GMC Truck, an 02 Camaro SS, just bought a 2008 Impala LTZ for the wife and I was looking for a daily commuter. Would you consider me as your "Target Buyer"?
I bet your voting for Obama too arent you? Tell ya what, why not just sell SLP to Subaru and make a WRX Fire Falcon!
I am your demographic or "Target Buyer" and I am an F Body owner. You and SLP are as wrong as two boys kissin!
No offense, have a great weekend!
CT

Last edited by ss4chad; 09-29-2008 at 09:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss