Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hc8719
I love the Firebird Firehawk, and I'd love a G8 Firehawk. Would all you guys really rip off the Firehawk logo, and SLP logos?
The SLP logo is GONE....f*** SLP. I am not taking off the Firehawk logos because it IS a Firehawk...a REAL Firehawk.

You might as well go around vandalizing the naturally aspirated and supercharged Cobalt SS's, as well as the SC V6 Impala and Monte that have SS logos. Hell maybe vandalize a TC Cobalt SS.?
WTF are you talking about? I wouldnt vandalize anybodies car period.

I understand the heritage behind the Firehawk name, but if the Firehawk name lives up to its name in performance in the G8, would you really care?
Obviously you don't...and yes, I would.

Would you seriously spit on a G8 Firehawk that goes around, womping on M5's
It can go around "womping" ( ) on Viper's and ZR1s and it still wouldnt be a Firehawk...what is so hard to understand about that? Not to mention I suspect the VAST majority of these cars will be V6 and non-SCed V8 cars...the SC version will be the poster child that will be out of most buyers price range.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the Firebird Firehawk, and I'd love a G8 Firehawk. Would all you guys really rip off the Firehawk logo, and SLP logos?
As I stated, I am not removing or changing any Firehawk specific parts nor decals off of my Firehawk. I'm only removing the aftermarket SLP decals & parts.

I love my Firebird Firehawk, I'm just also not going to advertise for SLP anymore.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Michael02hawk
I love my Firebird Firehawk, I'm just also not going to advertise for SLP anymore.
Exactly! Not to offend anyone, but I have my own opinions on this subject matter and they won't change.

Last edited by Firehawk526; 10-14-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:42 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by David Hamburger
You are putting words in my mouth which are not true - The F-body community does matter to us and we've heard you. You, the community have to understand that I can comment no further until the next batch of information is ready which will be within 30-60 days. Have an open mind, these were just teaser shots which were done a while ago and as I have said before, may or may not represent what we are actually doing.

Does it not matter that we've been doing this for 20+ Years? We've been in the Hi-Performance Industry since the sixties working with Chrysler, Hamburger's Oil Pans, etc.. We've built 77,000 OEM Vehicles for GM and Ford and we know where we are going with this. SLP is the largest volume niche vehicle, second stage manufacturer period - we still have some things up our sleeves.

Regards,

David

Ive read all your posts.
as well as the first 30 pages of this thread. Im on the verge of converting my ws6 to a track only car. The thought of getting a g8 was in the back of my head. All im getting at is i dont think there is a better single source one could use to gather input from real people that will actually purchase this car then this site. Almost 30,000 views, over 700 posts there are alot of people looking and evey single one of them is upset. Im not super upset, because i dont own a firehawk. If i did own one i would be pissed. I definatly would not buy a g8 that says firehawk on it. Why didn't you pull a clever new name for it out of your sleeves?

Asking my gf who knows nothing about cars, i asked her what kinda cars firehakws were, and she said firebirds. Its just wrong.

Im not even gonna begin on the whole v6 firehawk thing.

Chris
Old 10-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
It can go around "womping" ( ) on Viper's and ZR1s and it still wouldnt be a Firehawk...what is so hard to understand about that?
See that's just it. It would be a Firehawk because the same people that made the original Firehawk says its a Firehawk. No if's and's or but's.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Lots of crazy talk in this thread....
Old 10-14-2008, 05:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, just because something gets forced down your throat, that just makes it the correct and right thing to do, and everyone should accept it, right Rob?

Quit being so literal on translations, you know what our point is here. The point is that our group and several other auto enthusiast sites are disappointed and not happy about using this name on anything other than a Firebird.

What is so hard to understand about that?
Old 10-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Yeah, just because something gets forced down your throat, that just makes it the correct and right thing to do, and everyone should accept it, right Rob?

Quit being so literal on translations, you know what our point is here. The point is that our group and several other auto enthusiast sites are disappointed and not happy about using this name on anything other than a Firebird.

What is so hard to understand about that?
You guys just need to get over it. Its done. It'll be a great car and will live up to the heritage of a Firehawk.

Nobody forced the original Firehawk name down anybody's throat. They named it without "consulting" potential buyers back then. No difference now. It was top of the line Pontiac Performance then and still is now.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Its as simple as it gets.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob
See that's just it. It would be a Firehawk because the same people that made the original Firehawk says its a Firehawk. No if's and's or but's.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Lots of crazy talk in this thread....

Sticking a name on something, doesn't MAKE it that. Ruger can't stick 9mm on the side of a .44 magnum and it becomes a 9mm even though they are both made by Ruger. By your logic, putting a name from one thing, on another thing, automatically converts it and makes it right as rain! Hell, I'd love to add an extra 0 on the end of a $10 bill and have $100!

Ever since it's introduction, the Firehawk has been a Firebird. More specifically a Formula, but we let that bit slide. So while it[G8] would be CALLED a Firehawk, it would not BE a Firehawk

Last edited by phantomzer0; 10-14-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rob

Well if you want to get right down to it NO IT IS NOT the same people that made the real Firehawk. SLP Eng. made the original Firehawk and they went out of business. This is SLP Perf Parts or something like that. They are completely different company than the one that made the real Firehawk...at least thats what David Hamburger said. Same people involved maybe but not the same company.

True the name change was done I am sure to avoid debt and liability the original company had....but that kind of shows how they go about business anyway doesnt it?

BTW take a look at tinylittlecars on ebay and see just how high their marketing standards are....if they will ***** a girl out to sell a $5 license plate frame then selling out the Firehawk name is nothing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160162086642

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-G...5145QQtcZphoto

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-G...8501QQtcZphoto

Last edited by 97ramsst; 10-14-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Rob
You guys just need to get over it. Its done.
Then why do you keep replying in here? I thought it was done? If you feel it is done, take a hike.

The poster above is also correct, it is technically a different company that is re-releasing the Firehawk. SLP Engineering built the originals, they went out of business. SLP Performance Parts stayed in business and is now using the name.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:52 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
The "SS" was used on several different vehicles, it was never a Camaro specific trim level. Impala, Nova, etc... also used it back in the day.
Don't forget it was even available on six-cylinder models during the 60's.

BTW take a look at tinylittlecars on ebay and see just how high their marketing standards are....if they will ***** a girl out to sell a $5 license plate frame then selling out the Firehawk name is nothing.
I am not sure what's more pathetic, someone using a girl to like that to push a product, or the girl for letting herself be used like that.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob
You guys just need to get over it. Its done. It'll be a great car and will live up to the heritage of a Firehawk.
Thats just it, it wont live up to the heritage of the FireHawk name because the FireHawk was a FIREBIRD.
How do you not understand this?
It would be no different if GM, instead of introducing the new Camaro as we know it now, put the Camaro name on a chevy version of the G8. That wouldn't make any sense, and it doesn't matter how well it performs because that doesn't bring "Camaro" to mind, thats the whole point of the name.

Nobody forced the original Firehawk name down anybody's throat. They named it without "consulting" potential buyers back then. No difference now. It was top of the line Pontiac Performance then and still is now.
They didn't have to force it down any throats because it was an original name back then. The difference now is it was already used for the Firebird, and should not be used for any other car. The name Firehawk brings to mind a firebird.
People who are buying the G8's are most likely not going to want to be associated with fbodies, just as people that know what a FireHawk is are left confused as to why SLP want to put it on something other than a Firebird.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

THANK GOD!!!! Thanks Nine Ball....I was checking some threads in other car forums and the vast majority agreed this is a ridiculous idea.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:25 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Posts deleted.

Rob = banned. I'd recommend you pay attention to Admin warnings on any future visited message boards.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:13 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160162086642

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-G...5145QQtcZphoto

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-G...8501QQtcZphoto
It's funny that this is brought up. I was looking for a set of 1LE bushings and ended up buying them from that ebay seller (I think it's Dave Hamburger) and my wife wondered why I bought peices of rubber off an ebay add with a 'offensive' picture of a woman holding them. Fact is, I wanted them, but thought it was really low class to post them like that.

But again, it goes to show that it's all about making money. I wonder who the model is and how SLP perf parts feels about having their name splashed in between a woman's legs. I guess if they'll do that, they'll ***** out anything.

It's just sad honestly.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
It's funny that this is brought up. I was looking for a set of 1LE bushings and ended up buying them from that ebay seller (I think it's Dave Hamburger) and my wife wondered why I bought peices of rubber off an ebay add with a 'offensive' picture of a woman holding them. Fact is, I wanted them, but thought it was really low class to post them like that.

But again, it goes to show that it's all about making money. I wonder who the model is and how SLP perf parts feels about having their name splashed in between a woman's legs. I guess if they'll do that, they'll ***** out anything.

It's just sad honestly.
Yeah, those are Dave's listings. I bought a few things from him in the past as well. Look at he auction for the $25,000 headlights and he has his name in the bottom corner of the pic. I sure hope thats not his wife or daughter in the pics but who knows....

I have debated about posting those links since this thread started...in fact I did once before and took them out. I really do think they speak volumes to the marketing mind set they seem to have though.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:40 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Guys, keep this thread on subject. Discuss the G8 Firehawk, not ebay ads that aren't related to the car. Thanks
Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

You're right Tony. The whoring out of the Firehawk name is what's in discussion here. The relevance to the ebay adds is it shows what they are willing to do to sell anything.

The fact is that SLP doesn't realize that they don't need to call it a Firehawk for gear heads with families to consider buying an SLP edition G8. Hmm, that has a nice ring to it. I could even see that in commercials. Unfortunately, a Firehawk G8 just doesn't work and it will ultimately be the demise of the car. The 1% won't buy into it.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down I say hell no to Firehawk G8..........

It`s not worth it, I mean come on it`s a stupid 4 door sedan..........
Old 10-15-2008, 02:10 AM
TECH Regular

Truthfully as a car enthusiast and an FBody owner am very disappointed with SLP. I can't believe what you guys are doing but then again it's not so hard to believe when there is money involved. I won't bash you guys much more since you've already gotten plenty of it with no sign of it ending any time soon.

Quick Reply: Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss