Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only person to buy one will be one of the Hamburglars of SLP and then they are going to remove the headlights off the car and put them on ebay for $20,000.

Yay SLP...you're so smart!

Who wants to bet they don't sell one? But then again, there are a ton of stupid rich people out there.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the smart people are the ones who buy them from the people who buy them and then realize they cant afford them. they lose a huge amount of money the second they roll off the lot. thats what i would do if i wanted one
Old 02-28-2009, 07:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
the smart people are the ones who buy them from the people who buy them and then realize they cant afford them. they lose a huge amount of money the second they roll off the lot. thats what i would do if i wanted one
Thats how I have bought every sports car I have ever owned Except for the new G8 I got a brand new one for the same price the used ones are going for.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Launching!

I love the G8s...but seriously? Ew.

SLP,

You need help. Call me, hire me, put me in charge, that should solve pretty much all of your problems.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:39 AM

I took a dump today. So that is a done deal. But at least I didn't use my car to wipe myself. Not like SLP is doing.

I would like the supercharged SLP version of the G8 GT, by any other name than Firehawk. I would even consider owning one, if it didn't carry the same name as my existing Firehawk. I'm 50, nearing retirement and the kids will be out on their own before I'm ready to acknowlege the fact. It's getting a little more difficult to climb in and out of the Trans Ams, but I so love the thrill of driving a performance car. So, Dave, I believe I fit into your target demographic.

As others have pointed out, however, there is no sense paying a premium for an exclusive car from SLP when that exclusivicity is likely to be watered down due to factors beyond my control. A competant mechanic could 'Pedderize' the suspension and adapt a 'Vette supercharger to any G8 GT or GTP and then hang a low-restriction exhaust on it. And I'd bet he could do it for a lot less than $51,000 drive out.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by TransAmer99
I took a dump today. So that is a done deal. But at least I didn't use my car to wipe myself. Not like SLP is doing.

I would like the supercharged SLP version of the G8 GT, by any other name than Firehawk. I would even consider owning one, if it didn't carry the same name as my existing Firehawk. I'm 50, nearing retirement and the kids will be out on their own before I'm ready to acknowlege the fact. It's getting a little more difficult to climb in and out of the Trans Ams, but I so love the thrill of driving a performance car. So, Dave, I believe I fit into your target demographic.

As others have pointed out, however, there is no sense paying a premium for an exclusive car from SLP when that exclusivicity is likely to be watered down due to factors beyond my control. A competant mechanic could 'Pedderize' the suspension and adapt a 'Vette supercharger to any G8 GT or GTP and then hang a low-restriction exhaust on it. And I'd bet he could do it for a lot less than $51,000 drive out.

Hey Guys,

Hank from SLP here. Before you bite my head off please consider my points below taking the firehawk name out of the equation. I understand it will be hard, but please try why you read below. I fully understand the emotions behind the same name so I am not looking for more arguments. I am not going to respond past this post because as you all know this can go on forever and I personally hate that part of message boards. I will however give you my Cell ph# 732-575-3014, if anyone would like to talk over the phone or come down to SLP I will set it up and we can go for a test ride in the G8 Firehawk. If you don't reach me leave me a message I WILL CALL BACK, same day in 99% of the cases. The pilot car is on a small tour now but will be in and out so there are times where the car will be available. Even on weekends. With me as your pilot.

As well, most who have read my threads in the past or spoke with me on the phone know that I am as straight forward as they come. No BS ever.

My first point:

1. MSRP on base CTS-V is $62,850 (no options but sunroof) Sure you can get one cheaper in this market but you can also get a G8 MUCH cheaper then MSRP that everyone is comparing too. So the difference between the two is much further then everyone is making it out to be. If you have the scratch for a CTS-V and like a caddy then why would you not buy a CTS-V, right? If you have the scratch for a G8 and like the new Firehawk then why would you not buy a new Firehawk, right? Just a preference. thats why this is America, always a choice, always another way to go. At SLP we love the G8, obviously, or we would not have put SOOO much effort into making it better.

2. Consider the total cost of the SLP Firehawk G8. Search the internet, add up all similar items included in the G8 (don't miss any please, check the list twice), THEN ADD LABOR from your favorite local shop. You will see you can not beat our price with a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. Don’t forget your local paint shop, body guy, as well as your local interior guy. OH and don’t forget a certified dyno test showing your car’s power numbers, with video, photos and full color report. The price is good for the amount of upgrades, installed, with WARRANTY.

3. HELL YEA it will be cheap if you do all of the mods yourself. This goes for anything in this world. Ever remodel a kitchen....less then HALF the price then having someone else do the work. But like kitchen work and tools needed many don’t have a paint booth or all of the tools required for the suspension work, SC work and interior work on the SLP G8. Plus, try and make those sweet Firehawk tips yourself. I am sure many will respond I can make those in my garage, but what is your time worth to you? Labor brings me to point 4.

4. Those of you wishing that SLP goes "down" with this car. I ask that you think of your children, mothers or fathers that have jobs and work hard for what they love to do. These people are no different then the people that work at SLP. SLP is not physically harming another, SLP is not scamming another, SLP is not borrowing money from the government. In times like this wishing for a company to go down because you do not like the name of a car is out of hand. If you do not like the name GREAT say it loud, if you do not like the car GREAT, if you do not like the price GREAT. But SLP provides many jobs to many people and keeps ALL of its manufacturing in the USA. I understand the emotions of the Firehawk crowd; I really do, but please think twice when you wish someone to loose their job let alone an entire company based on a name of a car. What would you do if you lost your job tomorrow??? Many will say that is why we are in buisness because of the Firehawk name and F-Body cars, you are right and we continue to support those cars and people with new products, great pricing and customer service. Example, all of our new F-Body powerflo exhaust systemsand tip options.

That’s it for me. Like the name or hate it the G8 Firehawk is for sale ALREADY and PRODUCTION will begin first week in April. For all the half glass empty folks, yes we have sold many Firehawk G8's already and hope to sell more. Don't get upset when you are only looking at those sweet tips. JK I am sure there are F-Bodies that can blow it's doors off.

Thanks for reading, I hope to speak with anyone who would like to soon.

See my number above.

Don’t forget, I am not responding, not because I am a piece of S*** or because SLP sucks, but because I prefer to speak with someone then type for hours.

PS: I know most are long distance phone call, PM, EMail or text me your number and I WILL CALL YOU. NO COST TO YOU.

Thanks
Hank

Last edited by SLPPower; 03-03-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not reading through 46 pages but seriously? firehawk on a G8? sounds rediculous lol. im glad i bought a asc ws6. I mean common... firehawk was named for a fire"bird" hence the hawk in the name. What does firehawk have to do with a re badged Australian car? Are you gonna throw a firechicken on the hood too? You know what it sounds like to me? One word, desperate . You guys dont exactly have to best name anymore, atleast thats what it seems like the consensus to me.. overinflated prices for parts. outrageous horsepower claims for bolt ons. To be honest SLP used to "feel" much more special to me when my older brothers were installing your parts on their 3rd gens. To me now that im in the market, it just feels watered down, much like when a small passionate company gets bought out and taken over by a huge corporation. I think you guys need to change. You need to get back to your roots. I dont own a firehawk and the name really means nothing to me other then when i hear it, i know its a slp optioned firebird. I dont get mad that your naming a g8 firehawk, i just think it sounds retarded. I couldnt see buying a G8 and telling people i had a firehawk G8. Theyd look at me sideways...

Create something special again, dont rest on your laurels. Stand out for being creative and intuitive, not for overpriced parts or bloated horsepower claims. Be competitive again! I dont even consider slp parts when shopping anymore because honestly there are equal and more often better parts out there for sometimes half the price. Get together a focus group and throw some new names around for this car. Start a new generation of slp fans... Im betting if you release this car with firehawk name it will be the failedhawk soon enough and i dont want to see that. I DONT WANT TO SEE ANY AMERICAN CAR COMPANY FAIL. I dont doubt the cars performance, just the name choice. Honestly, id never buy a "firehawk" g8 even if it was only $1000 over a GXP msrp just because of the name.

Hell, call it a fire-kangaroo. it fits 10x better then firehawk. Even something as simple as SLP G8 sounds 100x better and promotes your company.thank me later. Seriously, are you guys hiring? id love to try and help your company regain its stature. I KNOW you guys have a lot of untapped potential
Old 03-04-2009, 02:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Even tho they are using the name firehawk i am anxious to see the cars they are coming out with. I hope it suprises all of us and lives up to the name Firehawk.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:58 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
Not reading through 46 pages but seriously? firehawk on a G8? sounds rediculous lol. im glad i bought a asc ws6. I mean common... firehawk was named for a fire"bird" hence the hawk in the name.
Firebird had nothing to do with the name Firehawk.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rob
didn't it have to do with a certain tire company's name of a tire?
Old 03-04-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Not sure why your justifying your price. SLP has been notorious for being overpriced as far back as I can remeber. You might not get the "firehawk" package but there is definately cheaper routes for the same performance.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jims69camaro
Firestone Firehawks...pretty crappy tires actually lol
Old 03-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Teching In

No, it had to do with a racing series. Look it up Jim.

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Firestone Firehawks...pretty crappy tires actually lol
Actually, a great tire, at least the SZ50's. Expensive, but a great tire.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rob
how do you figure? lol the name was never used on anything but a firebird. Why would they not not create the firehawk name for a car named fire BIRD and nicknamed firechicken? What is a hawk?
Old 03-05-2009, 05:47 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
how do you figure? lol the name was never used on anything but a firebird. Why would they not not create the firehawk name for a car named fire BIRD and nicknamed firechicken? What is a hawk?
Answers were already given above. Just do a little research and you'll find out.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

As much as i hate the name, hate how you left the wbody guys in the dust after making a lot of cool parts (i.e., regal gsx)....the new "firehawk" looks pretty badass
Old 03-05-2009, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob
And Trans Am had nothing to do with the name Comp T/A

in both the Firehawk and Comp T/A, i think they were both strategic marketing ideas merging the car and the tire. But at least they used a name that FITS. Firehawk G8 just doesnt fit. if they called it ANYTHING but Firehawk, this thread would be 99% positive instead of 99% negative.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
If they called it ANYTHING but Firehawk, this thread would be 99% positive instead of 99% negative.
This is absolutely true.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know SLP is doing it for the business, but I honestly think they could sell as many cars if they done a SLP G8 with a different name. I mean EVERYONE knows SLP always has good products, good service, etc. So who in the world within the company thought it would be a fiasco if the SLP version of the G8 had a different name??????

Personally, being a Firehawk owner myself, what I don't like is that it will DEVALUE our cars. Not that it blurs the image a little, but it DEVALUES the money all of us spent on our Firehawks. And now if time ever comes that I have to sell it, it'll be three times harder to do because people won't really care anymore about owning one. Talk about depreciation. And here I was scared to mod my Firehawk in the past, now I don't really care. I don't mind changing its looks now that it's not that unique in it's own nature anymore. Should've done a poll with the original Firehawk owners. Odds are probably over 75% of them will dislike this idea, unless they work for SLP. I can understand the target market situation. People are older now, so they think it would be cool to have one of these. And yes, it will sell. Good deal for the organization!

But in my honest opinion, that is not how you get customer loyalty, which is vital for successful business operations. Nothing against SLP, they get my respect for the ORIGINAL Firehawk they produced & the customer service they always have. A+. But for long term goals, terrible. Just terrible. This was a BIG opportunity blown to come up with some other unique name, keep the long-time customer loyalty there, still probably make just as much revenue, AND have a new product image to build on for future generations to come. It could've been the start of something new, something bigger for the company to come. This new direction saddens me & allows me to feel sympathy for all other owners who always took pride & joy in their belongings, are now loosing value because of one little thing the company done to themselves. It gives me the impression that SLP acts like but internally doesn't care anymore about the original Firehawk owners. Bad move.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

y not call it the SLP 8 for the g8 gt, then SLP 8R for the supercharged model. i would love to buy one but not if its going to say firehawk on it.

Quick Reply: Confirmed: SLP Firehawk G8 - Discuss