Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

GTO or CTS (V) ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Those are some good numbers for the G8! I also looked into the G8 but Ultimately the idea got vetoed by my wife... She seems to think that pontiacs are cheaply made and dont hold together well... Since the G8 is so new and I am a smart man I desided to pick my battles and let this one go... I can't wait to see the G8 with about 4 years under its belt...
Remember the G8 is not really a Pontiac, it is a Holden, like the GTO, and has already been in production for 2 years in Aus. As far as I can tell the GTOs have held up well over the years and alot of the problems they do have been fixed in the G8.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by STAGEUP
Both are great cars. The CTS-V being more of a luxury type.

I can say I've owned both. The CTS-V stops better, handles better, and IS quicker stock for stock. Period.

Summerwolf, how fast is your car? I'll race you if you want, and we can post it on here.

My mods are..

Catback
tune
k&n replacement filter
aluminum flywheel on stock clutch

I'll be at firebird this friday.
I'm not going to be able to make it to Phoenix. I plan on going there soon, but my work schedule is pretty hectic. I've been wanting to run my car with new combo for a while now.

adanieljohnson, I see what you did there....quote me and then change words...funny. lol.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Staging Lane

I've driven both ls6 and ls2 CTS-V's and both ls1 and ls2 GTOs. The CTS-V does have better brakes and it might be quicker. The main thing that made me choose the GTO over the CTS-V was bang for the buck. The 04 GTO's like mine have gotten really cheap. It would have cost 6-7K more to get a V that was in as good a shape as the GTO I bought. I've had expeirence with the normal CTS and I must say that build quality is really about equal. The GTO definately has the sleeper factor which is pretty cool in my book. Just my own opinion and expierence.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racerns
Remember the G8 is not really a Pontiac, it is a Holden, like the GTO, and has already been in production for 2 years in Aus. As far as I can tell the GTOs have held up well over the years and alot of the problems they do have been fixed in the G8.
Ya but my wife would'nt understand that... I tried to explain it to her but she just could'nt make the connection.. She would rather get something with GREAT gas miliege and auto... Its funny because shes a really smart (physical theropist) but I make her almost puke when I start talking about cars... peas and carrots!!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
adanieljohnson, I see what you did there....quote me and then change words...funny. lol.
lol, that still cracks me up.... I about spit up all over my computer just now!
Old 12-10-2008, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Im considering both vehicles myself,plus a c5 vette, but I think I stick to the more unbusiness-like GTO, and Im poncho man, its cheaper for me to make the GTO look sick the to make the V look custom and nasty. I cant afford to buy a 1000 cowl hood. Plus Im used to a transam that handles flawless, and id rather slling the rear around which on my test drives has proven more easily done.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tylerz28ss
Most people see the goat as a warmed over grand prix
I have to totally disagree with you. Both cars are nice. IMO the seats in the gTo are far more comfortable. IF you want heated seats, navi, & sunroof go with the V.

But, you can get a better deal on a 05-06 GTo than the V.

Those were my 2 choices of a new car and i went with a Gto.

I love it!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ls2GtoFtw
I have to totally disagree with you. Both cars are nice. IMO the seats in the gTo are far more comfortable. IF you want heated seats, navi, & sunroof go with the V.

But, you can get a better deal on a 05-06 GTo than the V.

Those were my 2 choices of a new car and i went with a Gto.

I love it!
Ya, not sure were he got a warmed over grand prix? I would go w/ the GTO also but I have a 4 yr old daughter w/ another baby due in Aug so the V would better fit me once I am able to jump into it!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Teching In

The GTO isn't seen as often as the CTS. Only a discriminating eye would notice the CTS-V. Go for the inexpensive AND more exclusive option, the GTO.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sprocketeer
The GTO isn't seen as often as the CTS. Only a discriminating eye would notice the CTS-V. Go for the inexpensive AND more exclusive option, the GTO.
that can depend on the location you live... I see about 2 or 3 GTO's a week and only see 1 or 2 cts-v's a month
Old 12-18-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

this thread is dead

Quick Reply: GTO or CTS (V) ???