Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Lost his gto to the cops!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been to High Point tons of times, Ive heard bout many big time races going down where cars are trailered to High point unloaded ran down the highway and away into a closed trailer as soon as runs are done. Some money up for grabs out there to. But for the majority most people like me and dudes I kno chill at cookout and eat and hang in the parking lot with some other guys, we usually have half the parking lot because its like 10 of us in fbods. Mainly ricers out there actually trying to run people though. But i havent been in awhile and im glad
Old 12-12-2008, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by $750 L98
Why doesn't the gov sponsor an effort to get people off the street and onto the tracks? I guess seizing property for free, and auctioning it off is more profitable though.

/rant off

They don't care if you race or not, they just care if you do it on the street
Old 12-13-2008, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Street racing causes casualties, that is why they are cracking down. People are stupid about it, cops have it pretty easy.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 06black6spd
Id hate to say it but if a pig showed up at my house to seize my car id make him think twice about what life is all about and the loved ones he is about to leave behind, take my car because i street raced, seriously get a life. I can understand if there were innocent bistandards involved that were harmed but really, big government anyone? Is big brother watching a little too much these days. How about setting stings up to get the drugs off the streets. The rapists, big time crime orginizations. Its so easy for them to put such stringent rules on citisens that do really nothing. But when it comes to cracking down on serious problems they seem not to have the time or resources.
Originally Posted by $750 L98
This is true...I see plenty of officers writing tickets on the highway, but when people go missing, get shot, or stolen from - the cops never seem to care. People are too damn dependent on what the government says is "right", when cities start making huge revenue from tickets and redlight cameras scamming the people out of their money..well the tax collector just found a new form.

I disagree with street racing, but the majority of the time it IS easier to street race than cruise down to the track. I know there isn't one near Austin here...The government has always chosen to ignore the basic issues though. Make it easier for tracks to draw in crowds or build out in new areas, and you solve the problem.

Why doesn't the gov sponsor an effort to get people off the street and onto the tracks? I guess seizing property for free, and auctioning it off is more profitable though.

/rant off
Damn right. Our government is a joke. Police are used as another means to collect revenue. they ought to change the sloganfrom "to serve and protect" to a more appropriate "to fine and collect".

Seizing someones car is the most unamerican, unconstitutional crap, and it goes on constantly.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow.....you blatantly disobey a law by street racing and you just deal with the consequences. All I know is everytime I've called the cops in need they were there in a hurry without fail.....we all owe cops somewhere sometime its just a fact of life.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Teching In

and I would venture to say the ones posting in here with negative comments about Police, one using slang from the 60's (he probably wasn't even born then) are just PUNK kids who don't know any better. Probably had a silver spoon stuck in their mouths all their lives.

Rant on PUNKS, then call the Police Officer that shows up to help you in your time of need a name other than Sir or Maam and see what happens,,,,,,,,,,they will still help you even though they probably should smack you right in the mouth.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Throw me in jail. Put a felony on my record, suspend my driving privileges, give me thousands of hours of community service, but don't take my car. How am I supposed to go to work, school, church? Street racing is just as dangerous as drunk driving, but the drunks get to keep their cars. Why?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brians Goat
and I would venture to say the ones posting in here with negative comments about Police, one using slang from the 60's (he probably wasn't even born then) are just PUNK kids who don't know any better. Probably had a silver spoon stuck in their mouths all their lives.

Rant on PUNKS, then call the Police Officer that shows up to help you in your time of need a name other than Sir or Maam and see what happens,,,,,,,,,,they will still help you even though they probably should smack you right in the mouth.
Coming from the old head with a signature about taking someones life?
Old 12-31-2008, 02:02 AM
Teching In

This whole thing pisses me off, when I was in high school I used to street race. Then I went to the police academy and joined the force. To say police are pigs for cracking down on street racing. Have you ever seen an innocent person killed on the street because immature 19 year olds in their GTO's feel like street racing? Try telling that to that persons family. It's not about collecting fines, its about protecting peoples lives.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO
Throw me in jail. Put a felony on my record, suspend my driving privileges, give me thousands of hours of community service, but don't take my car. How am I supposed to go to work, school, church? Street racing is just as dangerous as drunk driving, but the drunks get to keep their cars. Why?
Actually in TN they CAN take your car after the 2nd DUI.

YOU DO NOT GET IT BACK!!!!!

They can SELL it.... just like they do with cars taken in drug raids.

They KEEP the CASH and it goes towards DUI/Drug rehab/enforcement programs.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:25 AM
12 Second Club

granted street racing is dumb.......but if i know your going to take my car, i am gonna make it worth your while.

and cops are awesome!!!!!! they are always willing to race you, you just have to start it.

all jokes aside sucks he lost his car.....and cops are just doing there jobs, can't be upset at them for doing that.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

If they have video of them racing and didnt bust them the first time, isnt that basiclly saying that "drag racing is dangerous, but not really because we could of stopped it a while back and didnt". Thats like following someone you suspect of a dwi and seeing how far he makes it before something happens.

Plus, how do they just take cars away? Wtf is that about? What if they are still financing it? How does that work? Anyways, I would go torch that bitch on a ninja mission before I let Johnny Law take my ride for keeps.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO
Why does the sun shine? Why do birds fly? It doesn't matter why. If someone street races, knowing they can lose their car, they are a dumbass. BTW I would rather lose my car than be a convicted felon.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JohnPetrosky2k
This whole thing pisses me off, when I was in high school I used to street race. Then I went to the police academy and joined the force. To say police are pigs for cracking down on street racing. Have you ever seen an innocent person killed on the street because immature 19 year olds in their GTO's feel like street racing? Try telling that to that persons family. It's not about collecting fines, its about protecting peoples lives.
i think that the fine does not fit the crime, i agree it is stupid.
pull his permit to drive ,require him to sell the car .
but a $20000 fine for a first offence is a little steep.

as for how dangerious this was ,these people were watched for almost 5 months and not a single accident , they used blocking cars front and rear.

the cops talked about how bad they were because of how orignized it was.
pre arranged with safety cars and all .
Old 12-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Smile

I am glad I live out in the sticks South Dakota were street racing is just a class 2 misdemeanor. They just give you a ticket 6 points against your driving record and small fine. I couldn't imagine losing my car for a minor traffic offense you big states are just way to uptight.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

Lucky he does not live in California or this town, http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_1233.aspx because it would be crushed.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i thought about cruising up high point but heard about all this a month or 2 ago and ,i say f--k the police they just the biggest organized crime in the US,all the crimanals and drug lords and felions will never steal as much as the police steal from ya,fine and collect hits the nail right on the head,it just a lot easer to get the honest mans money than try to catch the real criminals,besides all the police in NC are scared to go thru drug town they might get shot for doing what they were hired to do,just a bunch of *****'s with a badge and gun,lot easer to push around kids in cars than drug dealers with guns,just goes to show ya how messed up the law is!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnPetrosky2k

so what about when i see police go by my house doing 80+ in a 55 zone thats ok in your eyes,police are more reckles than 75 year old people and do more stupid stuff than most 17 year old kids ive seen,and i know ive drove over the road for 15 years and 2 million miles
Old 01-01-2009, 07:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by wabmorgan
Actually in TN they CAN take your car after the 2nd DUI.

YOU DO NOT GET IT BACK!!!!!

They can SELL it.... just like they do with cars taken in drug raids.

They KEEP the CASH and it goes towards DUI/Drug rehab/enforcement programs.
see after a 2nd offence, not on the first.
this is nothing but a big media deal.
oh look we are doing somthing for the public.we took a kids car so now you will be safe to drive at 3 am.
no sorry the drugs get to stay in the schools ,we make money off that .
Old 01-01-2009, 11:22 AM
11 Second Club

Love how we crack down on street race because its unsafe... But the nearest track to me is 2hrs away.. They talked about opening up the local airport for some friday night runs to get kids off the streets and it was shot down by the town.. Then they go out and bust people for doing something that they will not provide a legal venue for..

Quick Reply: Lost his gto to the cops!!!!