Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Razzle Dazzle. TT GOAT build

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2c5s
Saweeet! How goes it? Have a great turkey day!!!

The 66' looks fantastic!!

what's the happs hommie

all is good in the hood, just trying to get a house, and finish the car on the same ole budget. lol, chipping away. How's the famalia doing?

thanks for the props playa
Old 11-30-2010, 06:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that 66 is sick!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice build, any numbers yet?

and I completely agree that 66 is sweet
Old 12-05-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JAX04
that 66 is sick!
couldn't agree more. look for a pic fest of it next year. Thank you.

Originally Posted by PokeyGTO
Very nice build, any numbers yet?

and I completely agree that 66 is sweet

thanks dawg, no numbers yet. dec 18th is the dyno session. Josh and i completely finished it last night, no leaks, no problems,...gonna go for a quick spin later in it, put in on the trailer, and wait for the 18th.

will keep you posted.

fyi, these BOVs are loud.....
Old 12-07-2010, 03:18 AM
Staging Lane

looks good, what brand intercooler is that and does it work well at keeping intake temps down?

Its just that ive got most of an aps kit for my monaro but its missing an intercooler and i dont plan on more than 650 rwhp once im forged, so that intercooler looks perfect.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nasty! Any videos yet?

I am also a fan of that 66
Old 12-07-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gsd2000
looks good, what brand intercooler is that and does it work well at keeping intake temps down?

Its just that ive got most of an aps kit for my monaro but its missing an intercooler and i dont plan on more than 650 rwhp once im forged, so that intercooler looks perfect.

Thanks man, the intercooler is from treadstone, and it feels like its working very well, as in its cool to the touch. Plans are to data log were tonight. mikeL@diablosport and i just went for a ride, its 49-52 degrees here depending on were you look, IATs recorded were 60 degrees on Highway, 68 in city..... so far very happy with it. no real hardcore wot runs till dyno time.

to fit intercooler, we lowered and tilted the stock radiator, and cut the factory hose a hair, so nothing hits or rubs. hood closes and opens.

i think the intercooler was rated at 1000+

Originally Posted by DicN
Nasty! Any videos yet?

I am also a fan of that 66

thanks dawg, no videos yet. somehow we ended up with the gayest video camera ever so no real vids yet. plans to take care of that soon.

very fun car to drive...can't wait till it gets off the dyno on the 18th.

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 12-07-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

car runs strong,...was able to do a wot run in 4th...felt great, af was good...also rolled up on unsuspecting red C5, stock in my opinion, ...as no surprise, the tt goat made light work of it. I'm pretty sure the way the vette drove before and after, that he was probably shocked with how fast the goat was. he tried again.

fyi, the stock gto shifter is to me the worst factory shifter in a gm vehicle. What are you powershifters using?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

.....lol, took "onebadcad" for a quick ride today,..we ran into a blue C5,:stock appearing, at a stop light, with open road ahead. The light turned green, i rolled out slow, realized dude was on it, i eased into the throttle in 1st,...side by side, boost came on, good by tires, short shift to 2nd,..boost right away, spin city,..short 3rd,...vette is next to me whole time...3rd,...spin city...short to 4th...less spin, great accel,..two car jump once i get traction. by that time, our turn was there to get off.

anyways,...with a radial,..It's going to be a brute for any typical car you could run into. I'm very impressed-
Old 12-09-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay, first initial thoughts:
1) Goat is badarse, a sleeper until you mash the gas, and then all hell breaks lose, some punks are going to lose a month of pay if they get froggy, Jamie only runs her up to about 4,500 rpms right now so no one has yet to experience the real power in this beast
2) Engine bay is tight, and very clean, damn nice install, wrapped fuse box is icing on the cake, Jamie killed it!!!
3) Goat was not designed with this in mind, no rear meats can handle the TT kit, someone is going to have to buy a tire store in the very near future
4) Jamie is a fawking nut, in a complimentary way, drives like Jimmy Johnson, only better & faster, **** made me shiat my pants like three times last night, this guy needs a NASCAR or F1 sponsorship, as the road cannot hold him
5) I am a little biased, as I have known Jamie for 6 years, he and only he works on my cars, he is meticulous, competent and gives a damn, this car is a testament of all he is
6) I own a '05 CTS-V with 383 and 112 Maggie@7.5lbs & a C6 with PC@9psi, both are fast, dyno is 510RWHP/560RTQ on Caddy and the Goat seems much faster than the V, I was in passenger seat-big difference, but damnnn I was very impressed
7) There is blue C5 driving around Broward County in a daze, wondering what the h3ll just happened

Thanks for the ride, I will wear brown underwear next time, and bring a helmet and make sure my life insurance premiums are up-to-date. Damn nice ride, powerful, sleeper, clean, what else do you need.

And regarding the '66, very nice, but the owner, who is a real car enthusiast and not a snob, has a 'few' more cars that are much nicer, very much nicer.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Okay, first initial thoughts:
1) Goat is badarse, a sleeper until you mash the gas, and then all hell breaks lose, some punks are going to lose a month of pay if they get froggy, Jamie only runs her up to about 4,500 rpms right now so no one has yet to experience the real power in this beast
2) Engine bay is tight, and very clean, damn nice install, wrapped fuse box is icing on the cake, Jamie killed it!!!
3) Goat was not designed with this in mind, no rear meats can handle the TT kit, someone is going to have to buy a tire store in the very near future
4) Jamie is a fawking nut, in a complimentary way, drives like Jimmy Johnson, only better & faster, **** made me shiat my pants like three times last night, this guy needs a NASCAR or F1 sponsorship, as the road cannot hold him
5) I am a little biased, as I have known Jamie for 6 years, he and only he works on my cars, he is meticulous, competent and gives a damn, this car is a testament of all he is
6) I own a '05 CTS-V with 383 and 112 Maggie@7.5lbs & a C6 with PC@9psi, both are fast, dyno is 510RWHP/560RTQ on Caddy and the Goat seems much faster than the V, I was in passenger seat-big difference, but damnnn I was very impressed
7) There is blue C5 driving around Broward County in a daze, wondering what the h3ll just happened

Thanks for the ride, I will wear brown underwear next time, and bring a helmet and make sure my life insurance premiums are up-to-date. Damn nice ride, powerful, sleeper, clean, what else do you need.

And regarding the '66, very nice, but the owner, who is a real car enthusiast and not a snob, has a 'few' more cars that are much nicer, very much nicer.

haha, awesome!

yeah i was wondering how you were doing once we hit 4th. >=] the car is incredible, i couldn't agree more. I'm glad you stopped by, i was hoping you had a good turbo charged experience. isn't it amazing how quiet and docile the car is but once your in boost...total chaos. so far,...were very happy with it.

Thank you for the compliments brother,...you know how i am with these projects,...these cars and i develop a relationship, filled with only passion. The goat is no different. Thanks to Josh and Felix for helpingme get it done.

As always, i appreciate your insight and opinion pimpin, means alot given the classy individual that you are, stay cool man, and thanks again.

-J
Old 12-13-2010, 10:45 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

6) I own a '05 CTS-V with 383 and 112 Maggie@7.5lbs (that is begging for twins) & a C6 with PC@9psi (that would love to be replaced by a single 88), both are fast, dyno is 510RWHP/560RTQ on Caddy and the Goat seems much faster than the V, I was in passenger seat-big difference, but damnnn I was very impressed
fixed.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
fixed.

lol.....so wrongbut, so true. in reality,...he's got so many things on both cars, like full exhaust and blowers....we could probably remove all that, sell it, and come up with little of anything out of pocket.

Ill tell you what.....this tt goat will walk a new V.......no problem. it is astonishing.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

fixed.
HA!HA!HA! Fawker, I wish.
Maybe one day in the future, but am now budgeting for kids' cars and their auto insurance and college, so it will probably happen later rather than sooner.
Thanks bro, for all you do!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just to sum up this thread....

That is all.

Awesome build guys. We need some videos!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

HA!HA!HA! Fawker, I wish.
Maybe one day in the future, but am now budgeting for kids' cars and their auto insurance and college, so it will probably happen later rather than sooner.
Thanks bro, for all you do!!!

werd. just an FY I my nizzzzo...we could sell your blower(s) and full exhaust systems,...and probably have very little to have to invest......and as for me, you know you wouldn't need to worry about that pimpin.....we're boys and its in the name of speed right? let's do it ....anytime you want brother.

Originally Posted by gconnoyer
just to sum up this thread....

That is all.

Awesome build guys. We need some videos!!!

lol, very cool. hoping to satisfy the video want on this saturday dawg. we will have a few cameras at the dyno.

thanks for the props, we appreciate it.

Jdawg
Old 12-17-2010, 02:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Oooohhh...dyno tomorrow. Nice. Wonder if I can drag my *** out of bed.....
Old 12-17-2010, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

in for numbers
Old 12-18-2010, 06:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Oooohhh...dyno tomorrow. Nice. Wonder if I can drag my *** out of bed.....

ha....you and i both know that ain't happening sleeping beauty. I'll text ya but i know you'll be sawing logs.

Originally Posted by 3.8redbird
in for numbers
...just a few more hours.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Razzle Dazzle. TT GOAT build