Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Razzle Dazzle. TT GOAT build

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Razzle Dazzle. TT GOAT build

2005 6 speed GTO. The idea behind this, was to not spend alot of money. It's my cousins and I's idea... and the reason is, we wanted or wished we could have something for the GTO to handle some highway cars but,..didn't have the extra money to invest cause we already had other more important costly builds going on. We're pretty much building this setup from somewhat used parts,.... that probably anybody could mock with fabrication skills(keyword,...skills).

The story goes...

I had two schweitzer turbo's that were brand new, and old. Like from the 70's old. Unused. Intended for a powerboat but never installed. I talked to my turbo shop, miketurbo.com...after having my precision's reworked, I gave them these turbos to play with. They ended up changeing the compressor wheels and housings to a GT35r compressor wheels. We used master power modified housings that they had laying around.
I couldn't be happier for the small price invested,.... I actually had them for sale but, some guy tried to screw me over, I got pissed,..and just gave to my cousin and said you can have them, if you put them on the goat.

He, like a good Jedi, accepted. I gave my old wastegates, turbomart 38mm street gates, with multiple springs to choose. We had racepartsolutions hook us up with all the flanges since they are also local. We have a shop neigbor, double AA performance, who is a master fabricator. We bought the material,...brainstormed....brainstrormed,....smok ed some weed,...brainstormed some more....and came up with the best possible idea for a location.

Driverside near completion. The pic shows the wastegate but it's just sitting there,..it is not the location it will be afixed

We want a simple 600rwhp on low boost, pump gas, stock motor with exception of a FAST intake, soon to add intank pump or inline, 60 pound injectors,....and a boost a pump.

Thats it,... we recently put in a textralia 700 which should do wonderful.

..the pipes, The compressed air, is two inch outlets on each turbo. We will run two inch pipe from each turbo, to each intercooler inlet. The cooler compressed air, exiting the intercooler will be between roughly 3 1/2 inches...and possibly four. the exhaust housing exit is actually 2 1/2 inches and they are T3 housings. Were planning on running those straight to the stock cats right now. Manly cause every car in our arsenal,....all run an offroad style exhaust of some sort. This is gonna be nice to jump in,...and not have some bitch, bitch about the smell of fuel.....not to mention for ourselve as well. If we run into an issue with the stock cats, we will go high flow. Trying to keep it quiet,...and sleeper as possible when the hood is closed. No need to advertise. Can't wait for the unsuspecting 600's going bye bye.

The car NA has gone 12's on street tires(not drag radials or roadrace tires,..) with a FAST, cold air filter, and a Diablosport predator tune back to back to back. It's gonna be alot of fun with the turbos. We also picked up a used borla system were gonna try out and see if it works well or not.

Either way, it's a cool project...one with affordability in mind,...not mention having alot of fun planning and plotting out the idea. Only thing left to figure out for sure is, fuel pump, intank or inline,....and intercooler location/configuration more like. Already have a boost gage, autometer lunar silver face I think... that I had that were gonna mount in center console.

More pics to arrive shortly.

Passengers side tacked up

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 07-17-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty badass brother.... The best brainstorming is when smoking weed lol.... How much boost you plan on running with stock internals, You dont wanna blow anything.... My guy blew his stock LS1 on his Goat with a STS kit at 12 PSI..... Now hes running a forged 408 iron block at 12 PSI and tossing around 550 RWHP..... Nice work and keep us posted on the outcome....
Old 07-11-2009, 12:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by breze84
Pretty badass brother.... The best brainstorming is when smoking weed lol.... How much boost you plan on running with stock internals, You dont wanna blow anything.... My guy blew his stock LS1 on his Goat with a STS kit at 12 PSI..... Now hes running a forged 408 iron block at 12 PSI and tossing around 550 RWHP..... Nice work and keep us posted on the outcome....

Were not trying to break any records or anything, so we just want a good all around setup without going to crazy. The wastegates I gave him have I think, 7psi springs. We're hopeing they hold. They did not support what I was throwing at them with my turbos when they were on my car. Hope they do the job now. We'd like to keep it at 10pounds at best. We've got alot of faith in our tuner, so we should be nice and safe. Very little timing will be in this car.

Were planing on between 550rwhp and 650rwhp. My cousin is hoping for 550 but, these turbos are gonna move some air without tons of effort, I think.

Without a doubt i'll keep you posted. Hoping to have more pics this upcoming week.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

pics added above.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Playaaaaaa
Old 07-17-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2c5s
Playaaaaaa

Old 07-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Banned

I like the tags on this thread. dazzle forum razzle weed.

Sounds like some good ****.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol. I was just joking about the weed thing anyways. weed=concentration=fab'd kit. lol.

hardy har harrr
Old 07-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Teching In

so how much $$ are you in on this project ?? if you dont mind me asking.
you said its a budget build, and im deff on a budget lol. nice work man
cant wait to see the hp numbers and see what it runs! nice work man !!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by o5g0at
so how much $$ are you in on this project ?? if you dont mind me asking.
you said its a budget build, and im deff on a budget lol. nice work man
cant wait to see the hp numbers and see what it runs! nice work man !!
Well, what you gotta understand is, we are on a budget but, we had to get these turbos/wastegates/bovs/intercooler from somewhere's. The turbos, were given too me, as OLD but brand new(1970's old). I had them upgraded,...at a greatly discounted rate. I'm friends with MIKETURBO.com, they hooked me up big time and did a great job on the turbos. So, little investment there. As a gift, I gave them to my cousin for this car. I already owned the wastegates,...I bought new ones for my car, so, instead of selling them, I also donated them.

We have a place to buy flanges/fittings, and our next door neighbor where we house the cars, is a promod chassis fabricator. He's a friend. He helps with our welding, and is basically the workhorse in this state of the build. He's doing an awesome job with the fabrication,....all I did was map everything out,..he's doing the real work at this stage, so the credit must go to him.

I know alot of local shops, so, we get some good pricing on everything.

I don't have a total cost right now but,...it's chump change, believe me. It'll be compairable to buying a really good set of heads in the end, we hope.
We will, be able to make more of these when completed,.....when it's all done bugs are worked out,...we will be able to get some headers/downpipes...available,...possibly an entire kit,....for less then anything out there on the market. If someone wants different flanges, or to buy there own turbos, thats cool too. If they don't have someone, forcedinductions I am sure will give any forum member here a good price on a turbo of there choice. If not, i'd be happy to supply turbos with a kit as well.

I'll be doing the plumbing on the oil feeds, and returns, so if we make more, I will make everything already precut, and ready to bolt on.

This is a little ways off though,...so, ..just keep your eye on this post, and i'll try and be as accurate as possible with everything.

thanks for reading.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Man I had no idea you were thinkin about makin this as a kit. That would be prettty sweet!
Old 07-27-2009, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 68birdls1
Man I had no idea you were thinkin about makin this as a kit. That would be prettty sweet!
Sharing is caring.

Actually, the way we figured it,....is to make a few kits, one off, built off one car,.. each kit, one by one. So, maybe we'll make two, I dunno.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

The car is running,..all that has to be done, is install the 80lbers, get a base tune uploaded, tidey up a couple of wires, install front bumper, and install wideband and boost gauge. trying to upload videos...

Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Tune is done, ready for you....can't wait to see this thing fly!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Awesome mang. Thanks!!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I want results. Hurry up
Old 08-09-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS12Fast4U
I want results. Hurry up
Word
Old 08-09-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by breze84
That's pretty weak with a 408 and 12 pounds of boost.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

very nice. i hope you sqeak out more than 550 though.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Regular

Thats one ugly engine bay...that I wouldn't kick out of bed

Let me know when its time to shoot some video of that bad boy!

Quick Reply: Razzle Dazzle. TT GOAT build