On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out by my old house.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:24 PM
wrp
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by thedak
My buddies shop car. 440 LSX with a 4.2L Kenne Bell.

ETP LS7 Heads. Custom lower to fit the Kenne on the LS7 heads.

I think the car did 920ish rw through an auto.

Obviously the budget wasn't an issue. Beautiful set up.
Great looking ride Well I guess the 4.0 was the largest for a day or two Taken 6 months to get my GForce trailing arms on and prolly another years to get both rear wheels going the same way.

Last edited by wrp; 08-23-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

There is always something bigger and better.

Love the 4.0L Whipple on the GTO.

Crazy looking.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Lose the spoiler and the shitty wheels and they look great. I think F-bodies look like low quality pieces of junk (flame suit on) and they are overly dramatic.

I thought it looked relatively plain originally, but something about it reminded me of Audi/BMW styling, smooth lines I suppose. Looks great with mesh wheels or some nice 5 spokes (not the TSWs, god they are hideous).

WRP: What about that HTV you had on your goat? Didn't like it? Any personal opinions on them? I am leaning towards getting one eventually from SNL.

Last edited by Fatbum; 08-23-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:10 PM
wrp
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fatbum
Lose the spoiler and the shitty wheels and they look great. I think F-bodies look like low quality pieces of junk (flame suit on) and they are overly dramatic.

I thought it looked relatively plain originally, but something about it reminded me of Audi/BMW styling, smooth lines I suppose. Looks great with mesh wheels or some nice 5 spokes (not the TSWs, god they are hideous).

WRP: What about that HTV you had on your goat? Didn't like it? Any personal opinions on them? I am leaning towards getting one eventually from SNL.
The HTV was first class. I regret not keeping it. We were pushing for more boost, around 20 lbs and we just didn't think the HTV would get there. Be honest, I would take that with 15-18 lbs of boost and be very happy, 04 hood worked, was a lot of good in that. Whipple was good when it was unique but heck it isn't even unique anymore. Jury is still out whether we get a pass in this year with the Whipple. I'd be all over the HVT if I were doing it again.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fatbum

+1, i actually like the way the gto looks and agree with you on this
Old 08-24-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

i used to hate my car! hated the way it looked. But it was what i wanted in a car. Except looks.

But now, ive removed my spoiler and blacked out the wheels, added some viynl in some choice locations, (smaller stuff, and a big window banner most people hate) and i like my car now.

yes the factory wheels should go, but painting them black was the best thing i did, blacked out tails etc.

you can make them look nice, and as long as it looks go to you, **** everyone else.

i presonally like the camaro over the TA in styling. fbod wise
Old 08-24-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Stonev10
I had to do some hood mods also to get coverage (nothing quite like ethyl though), not really going for style points though since it is a track car.

what wheels are those!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

what wheels are those!
The wheels are ASA (BBS Licensed) 18 X 9 with P275/35 18 R1 track tires. The front fenders are flared quite a bit and I also run a 1/4" spacer. I also run 1/2" longer ARP studs. The rear fenders are also being flared, as I do get a bit of rub even though they have been cut/rolled.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Veteran

They styling of the GTO deserved a little more touches to really set it off. So that's what I did with mine.

Using just paint and all GM parts. My car had the SAP fascia extension and rockers, I painted the grilles, scoops and rear bumper insert matte black and added Holden Monaro CV8 polished wheels (which are retro and very similar to what classic GTOs came with).

The result was a modern GTO that was a headturner.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Veteran

If you really can't get over it you could always buy a Pontiac G8. It's the same with with chunkier styling, a better suspension and four doors. Or the current Camaro which is very similar to the GTO with a stunning body.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

Personally i really dislike ALL of the SAP options, just seem...well very ugly. But other then that thats a nice car!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Personally i really dislike ALL of the SAP options, just seem...well very ugly. But other then that thats a nice car!
ya im with u on that, i only like the front bumper other than that it looks bad to me
Old 08-25-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
The spoiler and rear fascia parts are ****. The rest of them are legit IMO. So I went with them and the car came out looking OEM built instead of like something with a bunch of garbage thrown on it trying to make it look cool.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Teching In

I mainly bought mine for the engine and the interior.
Went back and forth from a 05-06 GTO and an 02 ws6.
What sold me was how nice the interior was on the GTO. I love it. Very comfy seats.
I don't mind that the exterior is a bit plain. : )
Old 08-26-2010, 09:32 AM
TECH Veteran

i bought it cuz chicks dig it

lol, actually, it was exactly what i wanted, rwd, V8, american/australian. lol. and like everyone said, it is comfortable inside, if only the seats wouldnt keep ripping
of course now, i have a whole new problem.

Replacing my motor
Old 08-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Teching In

My driver's side seat is looking pretty crappy as well.
I'm pretty short so I have to put my seat forward ALL THE WAY to reach my clutch.
When I get out of my car, I rub against the seam on the seat and it looks like **** now. So every time I get out, I have to put the seat back, then get out, so it doesn't rub. No tears yet though.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TriShield
They styling of the GTO deserved a little more touches to really set it off. So that's what I did with mine.

Using just paint and all GM parts. My car had the SAP fascia extension and rockers, I painted the grilles, scoops and rear bumper insert matte black and added Holden Monaro CV8 polished wheels (which are retro and very similar to what classic GTOs came with).

The result was a modern GTO that was a headturner.
nice. thats my favorite color for GTOs.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06GTOgirl
My driver's side seat is looking pretty crappy as well.
I'm pretty short so I have to put my seat forward ALL THE WAY to reach my clutch.
When I get out of my car, I rub against the seam on the seat and it looks like **** now. So every time I get out, I have to put the seat back, then get out, so it doesn't rub. No tears yet though.
She also gets the seam real moist when she rubs against it....haha.

She no doubt sits all the way up.

On the looks part it gets me through tech @ the track real quick. I got put in the "tuner" class one time b/c they didn't know it was rwd..... Ask shorty, she was there.

Quick Reply: I hate the shape of the GTO...