Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Opinions on aftermarket swaybar kits???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on aftermarket swaybar kits???

Im trying to get a grasp on some plans for the near future, and am considering the hotckis swaybars. I realize that understeer can simply be controlled by pressing the gas, however im curious to get some feedback from those with different swaybar setups.

In your opinion, how do you like the full swaybar kit? Do you feel that it makes the car much tighter, or do you feel that just the rear bar is enough?

Thanks for any input. Im just trying to determine if this is a good item to buy, or if the stock one is adequate.

My car already has pedders xa's and i use R compound tires most of the time as is.

Is the hotchkis one the best route to go?

TIA
Old 09-01-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive seen several of the hotchkis rears break , id either get the pedders bars or get white line bars

ive got white line's for mine
Old 09-02-2010, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

I have Hotchkis bars and use the the car for road racing. I haven't had it break or anything, so maybe I'm lucky, or they made a bad batch. Either way, they replace it free of charge if it does.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Has anyone tired the SLP sway bar? $150, just wondering if it's crap or not.

Sorry RX, thought i'd ask here because we have the same interests.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T#ht_500wt_956
Old 09-02-2010, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Hotchkis sway bars front and rear for the GTO are great! The are the best investment I made. You should consider the Pedders 424109 Chrome Molly Endlinks as the factory endlinks will likely bend after a few thousand miles. I liked the Hotchkis sway bars so much I bought a set made for my Avalanche.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Lovells end links are a lot cheaper than Pedders (everything they have is) and they have nice ball joint type too. I have Hotchkis and they've been good for me. I got the set back in the day when you could get them for $280ish.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by svede1212
The Lovells end links are a lot cheaper than Pedders (everything they have is) and they have nice ball joint type too. I have Hotchkis and they've been good for me. I got the set back in the day when you could get them for $280ish.
Where can you buy the lovells parts?

And to the OP the Ebay link for the sway bar is for a 22mm one, the thickest available for the goat. I take it you are familiar with imports so you know that ADDCO has a pretty solid reputation for such parts among import cars.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Where can you buy the lovells parts?

And to the OP the Ebay link for the sway bar is for a 22mm one, the thickest available for the goat. I take it you are familiar with imports so you know that ADDCO has a pretty solid reputation for such parts among import cars.
http://www.kollarracingproducts.com/servlet/StoreFront

Just because it's thicker, doesn't mean that it's better. Also consider that it may not be hollow, making the bar extremely heavy, especially for solid front bars. Always buy matching sway bars because they were designed to work together. Well, at least good companies design them together. haha

Thicker in the rear alone is good for drag racing because it will reduce body roll side-to-side under hard launches. But will probably murder your handling.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GTO Jimbo
Has anyone tired the SLP sway bar? $150, just wondering if it's crap or not.

Sorry RX, thought i'd ask here because we have the same interests.
My slp rear sway bar just came in, waiting for my 4.10 gears to come in before i install it. I bought it for more of a drag racing application though, but i'll keep you posted on how it performs.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the SLP front and Hotchkis rear bars. I swapped the Hotchkis in a year before the SLP. It works really well for drag racing. The SLP I just added about 2 months ago and it makes a huge difference in cornering. Both are worth the money to me.

Buzz

Quick Reply: Opinions on aftermarket swaybar kits???