Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

GTO vs.Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004 | 07:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by slik98z
my uncle just bought one of these gto's. can't stand it.
i'm sorry to say your "uncle" is an idiot. let's see, he paid roughly $35,000 (with tax, lic, ets) for a car he can't stand. maybe he has "aunt betty" kick him in the b*lls every morning too.
Old 05-13-2004 | 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I get the impression that is uncle probably likes the car - and that bobby can't stand it. I haven't quite figured out if it's jealousy or what - but bobby has definitely turned into the local GTO hater. Given that over 1/2 his posts are purely bashing my car (that I get a silly grin every time I think of driving) - I take him at the troll level he is and leave it at that.
Dan
Old 05-15-2004 | 02:11 AM
Teching In

Default GTO Envy

Dan: First, I don't think Bobby and the naysayers out there on the sidelines have driven the GTO and appreciated the combination of thrust and smoothness that it delivers, like no Trans Am, Camaro, or Mustang has every delivered. Second, everybody I have shown my Impulse Blue/blue GTO to, and we're talking about just plain folks who can appreciate a nice car but aren't necessarily car freaks like us, has commented on how fine the car looks. Nobody doubts that the car is a modern muscle car. My only regret is that I live at 5,280 feet and lose about 15 percent of its power here in Colorado. But on the other hand, when I drive down to sea level, it's like I've strapped in a tank of nitrous. I'm looking forward to that!

So to Bobby and the naysayers, I say, eat your heart out, baby!

Originally Posted by DANSLS1GTO
I get the impression that is uncle probably likes the car - and that bobby can't stand it. I haven't quite figured out if it's jealousy or what - but bobby has definitely turned into the local GTO hater. Given that over 1/2 his posts are purely bashing my car (that I get a silly grin every time I think of driving) - I take him at the troll level he is and leave it at that.
Dan
Old 05-15-2004 | 05:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Miguelius
Dan: First, I don't think Bobby and the naysayers out there on the sidelines have driven the GTO and appreciated the combination of thrust and smoothness that it delivers, like no Trans Am, Camaro, or Mustang has every delivered. Second, everybody I have shown my Impulse Blue/blue GTO to, and we're talking about just plain folks who can appreciate a nice car but aren't necessarily car freaks like us, has commented on how fine the car looks. Nobody doubts that the car is a modern muscle car. My only regret is that I live at 5,280 feet and lose about 15 percent of its power here in Colorado. But on the other hand, when I drive down to sea level, it's like I've strapped in a tank of nitrous. I'm looking forward to that!

So to Bobby and the naysayers, I say, eat your heart out, baby!
You can say I am one of the 'naysayers'. But actually I simply like the exterior design of the WS6 allot more and if I were to buy a new car and it fit the Firebird type car, in 2004 I would say "Cobra" because of the power and acceleration for off the line runs and rolling runs. However, if I were to choose comfort and conservative styling with lots of power, the GTO would be a choice but I would get the Audi S4.

The GTO is a nice ride. And, if you like Australian muscle cars then this is the one to get. Myself, I think the GTO badge is 'wrong'. The car is a Monaro and a very nice car at that. But it is not aggressive enough for me. And, I would get the Audi for that type of car.

So, it is not that I am a 'naysayer' but that I am an American Muscle car enthusiast that loves his aggressive styling and drive of his WS6. I have seen the GTO up close and it has many fine points. The exterior design, for me, is not what I want at 36.
Old 05-15-2004 | 05:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TriShield

Plain.
We prefer the term 'refined' tyvm.
Old 05-15-2004 | 10:48 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ActionJack
The exterior design, for me, is not what I want at 36.
you'll grow out of it.

Quick Reply: GTO vs.Trans Am