Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

looking to speed inc twin turbo my 04 gt

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to speed inc twin turbo my 04 gt

I have a stock gto auto with a auto, 22K miles. I'm close to going with the speed inc twin turbo kit stage one in the spring. anyone one this and what is your opinion. Plan be may be to build the trans and do a supecharger it seems about the same money as the speed inc kit takes care of that. Thanks
Old 12-24-2012, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I heard that do good work, but havent heard much about their builds being great. Where you live?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Default turbo

i live in wisconsin, duke why do you say that?
Old 12-30-2012, 01:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to ls1gto.com and look at the UPP Twin Turbo Kits.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

I am going with the UPP twin turbo, they got stuff on youtube, look them up!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
I'd stay away from Speed Inc if I were you.
Come on dude, you can't say something like that and not explain it.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:11 AM
Staging Lane

Give Modern Muscle a call as well. They can install and tune whatever kit you decide to go with. They could also build you a custom turbo kit.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:08 PM
9 Second Club

I can't wait to here why he should not go to speed inc. When you say a kit or blower is the same cost, what you are not taking into account is that Speed inc hand makes each kit to each car. They're attention to detail on installs, builds and tunes is second to none. If your are from the Midwest area you have likely hers of KOTS which is a large purse grudge race. They have built and tuned the turbo kits for several cars in that event. Also two outlaw drag radial cars in the LSX class. So to even question Speed Inc is just insanity.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:49 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by remaxracer45
I have a stock gto auto with a auto, 22K miles. I'm close to going with the speed inc twin turbo kit stage one in the spring. anyone one this and what is your opinion. Plan be may be to build the trans and do a supecharger it seems about the same money as the speed inc kit takes care of that. Thanks
Well my car has been going to Speed Inc for 10 years. From when the car had less than a 1000 miles on it. The craftsmanship, tuning and putting together combos that work are second to none!! This is coming from somebody that ownes and races a car they built from scratch. This last year we went a new personal best running 7.25 @ 202 mph.

But if you like street kits I had one of the first twin turbo street kits in our area. Drove it to the track and ran 8.20's with it. NEVER to this day have I hurt a sparkplug or a piston. That's pretty rare when you start going this fast.

When you hear of these people losing their hard earned money at other shops going out of business is sad! Why not try a compnay that has been around for over 10yrs and is solid as a rock! I have no idea how many turbo kits they have custom built but its ALOT! Everytime I go in ther which is often another kit is being built. They don't like to ring their own bell, so I will!

I have the fortune of being able to take my car where ever I want. Also at this point shops like to offer help when your car starts getting notoriety.

I STICK WITH SPEED INC FOR A GOOD REASON!

Look around before you spend your hard earned money and ask people with first hand experience.

Sorry for the long post but I like to give credit where credit is due!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ics-added.html Some pics in post #29 and on.

Last edited by LASTLS1; 01-01-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive been looking at their website and they have great products. Their turbo kits look well done.

Quick Reply: looking to speed inc twin turbo my 04 gt