Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Front license plate holes and rear spoiler holes

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 08:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front license plate holes and rear spoiler holes

The lame detail crew at the dealership drilled and put on a front license plate even thought the GM told them to leave it off. I took the fr bracket off. I went to home depot to see if I could find grommet to fill the holes and couldnt. Should I try a electrical supplier for the grommets. Also, I want to remove the rear spoiler. I think it looks much better without the airfoil.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

I just bought my GTO 2 weeks ago....I paid the dealership $300 to remove and repaint the trunk lid.....They did a awesome job....of course, theyve had 10 days to do it.....I will pick up car tomorrow and hopefully have pics by early next week...im roadtripping this wknd.....
Old 09-30-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Steveceno
The lame detail crew at the dealership drilled and put on a front license plate even thought the GM told them to leave it off. I took the fr bracket off. I went to home depot to see if I could find grommet to fill the holes and couldnt. Should I try a electrical supplier for the grommets. Also, I want to remove the rear spoiler. I think it looks much better without the airfoil.
Did you already "buy" the car? The guys prepping my car did the same even after my salesman told them not to. They swapped noses with another black metallic car they had on the lot that didn't have a plate bracket already on it.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you go to the hardware store, you can get what's called a "nylon insert". It'll be in the nuts and bolts section. I did that on my Harley when I removed the racks on all the packs. I have not filled in the holes on my trunk though.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:41 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Man, I'd be furious if that happened to me. I'd see if your dealership wouldn't correct the problem since they were actually at fault. They're not going to admit that until a customer complains. You've got nothing to lose by inquiring.....

The new Goats are too nice-looking to have a license plate screwed on the front. Too bad for those states that require a front plate
Old 10-04-2004, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

They require them here, but my bracket is still in it's plastic bag in my garage somewhere.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Man, I'd be furious if that happened to me. I'd see if your dealership wouldn't correct the problem since they were actually at fault. They're not going to admit that until a customer complains. You've got nothing to lose by inquiring.....

The new Goats are too nice-looking to have a license plate screwed on the front. Too bad for those states that require a front plate
I got stuck with one. When I went in to get the low down on the lease deals, there were like 16 Impulse blue 6-speed cars at dealerships around the Metro Detroit area. 4 business days later I called to say I'd take the deal, and they had to get a car all the way from OH-10 somewhere. Sadly, the other dealership already installed that damn plate holder. I still have it on there, I need to pull it, but have not gotten around to it. The dealership said they would fill the holes, but I dunno. I'd have gone ape-**** if I had bought the car...
Old 10-07-2004, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2k_ta

I got stuck with one. When I went in to get the low down on the lease deals, there were like 16 Impulse blue 6-speed cars at dealerships around the Metro Detroit area. 4 business days later I called to say I'd take the deal, and they had to get a car all the way from OH-10 somewhere. Sadly, the other dealership already installed that damn plate holder. I still have it on there, I need to pull it, but have not gotten around to it. The dealership said they would fill the holes, but I dunno. I'd have gone ape-**** if I had bought the car...

Quick Reply: Front license plate holes and rear spoiler holes