Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Dual Exhaust/ Performance Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Exhaust/ Performance Exhaust

Hey everyone! I haven't been on here in a while....it was the 2 month anniversary of my 04 GTO on the 1st! I love this car... it turns heads like I never dreamed it would. My birthday is coming up and I wanted to celebrate by maybe doing a mod or two to this beauty. I wanted to know if anyone of you GTO owners, could tell me where to find a cold air intake for this car--and if that is a good mod to start off with and also a new dual exhaust(true) or Single exhaust--Both needing to be performance useful.

I am going to be taking this to the track come spring/summer time....but for now i want to get something that will be useful but not too expensive.

Please help

Thank you Kindly
Kristen Jankovich
Old 01-04-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Our car does have a true dual exhaust. I have personally been looking at the LS1 Speed intake and the SLP Loudmouth exhaust. Seem to be the 2 best for the bang add-ons!
Old 01-04-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

BTW the SLp is on sale right now and the LS1 Speed intake is one of teh cheapest on the market from what I have seen.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

where can i find them?
Old 01-04-2005, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check out www.tbyrne.com They are actually real close to me....advertise on this board too.....awesome prices, just check out their specials.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Launching!

Cool

It would be sweet if GMMG made a cat-back exhaust system for the GTOs...!
Old 01-05-2005, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

Stainless Works makes intakes, exhasut and headers, all 3 of which I have and love. The exhaust system isn't as loud as teh SLP, which is amazing to me, because it is still almost too loud for me. It sets off the car alarms in my parking garage on a regular basis and I got the cops called on me for revving it in my friend's parking lot. Oh yeah, and those three SW mods were good for 40 rwhp after a re-tune.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Cool

Originally Posted by David 2002 WS6
It would be sweet if GMMG made a cat-back exhaust system for the GTOs...!
Originally Posted by Rhino74
Stainless Works makes intakes, exhasut and headers, all 3 of which I have and love.
Thanks! That looks like a great exhaust system! I'd love to hear it to see how it compares to mine... Probably it will sound better as the GTO is a true dual but mine isn't.

http://www.stainlessworks.net/gto_headers__exhaust.htm
Old 01-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Staging Lane

What if i Just bought a set of pipes and different mufflers for the car? My dad said i could probably do that since i am only going for sound, i am only going to gain 10hp with a slp exhaust any how. But would anyone know what i should do. Should i go to a muffler place and have them make me tubes and two new mufflers? Or can i find then around the internet?

P.S. I need to hear one with an exhaust on it, does anyone have a video or something of this thing in action, any kind of exhaust will do. SLP, Corsa, MagnaFlow, Flowmaster I don't care its just that no one around here has done any mods, i'll be the first person.

Let me know

Thanks
Kjanks
Old 01-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Lots of choices.

Stainless Works for me.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

I Am Waiting For The Jbadual Setup
Old 01-06-2005, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kjanks
I wanted to know if anyone of you GTO owners, could tell me where to find a cold air intake for this car
Lingenfelter Cold air intake special

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are going to offer the Lingenfelter GTO cold air intake again for a special price for a limited time. Until 1/17/05 these units are available for $299.95. If we run out of stock, we will take deposits to hold this special price until all of the orders by 1/17/05 are satisfied.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/lingenf...=16&pf%5Fid=596

Thank you!

Jeff

sign up for the LPE mailing list at horsepower-subscribe@lingenfelterc6corvette.com
Old 01-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Be careful on the cold air you choose. I think K&N drop-in may get you close to the same results for way less money. I've read the computer starts retarding timing at a reading of 100 degrees I think, so sucking air from the engine compartment may net you nothing in the end. As far as sound, the SLP loudmouth is serious loud, as in your ears buzz while riding around. There is the powerflow, which I hear is not quit as loud, but I haven't heard one yet.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Teching In

I'm considering this...

...or the Corsa Touring system w/ oval tip.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Teching In

I am happy with my Corsa Touring Catback system with the oval tip. I also ordered the LPE Cold Air Induction because of the sale and because it is top notch. In fact, LPE has these 2 items offered together in 1 package. Click on the LPE link that the person above provided and you will be find it.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:43 AM
Teching In

After spending much time reading about this for technical info as well as spending hours listening to various sound clips I gathered from all forums and sites I decided and ordered the CORSA Sport with oval tip. TByrne has it on sale now for $760.

Similarily, I went ahead and ordered the Lingenfelter CAI now on sale for $299.

The CORSA has a very clever design for the muffler, which you can check for yourself at their site www.corsaperformance.com. It replaces the stock dual catback for a single 3" pipe. The stock is 2.25" all the way to the muffler and exits at only 2". If you comapare cross sectional areas mathematically the CORSA is at about 13% larger. CORSA claims 85% gain in CFM flow. While at their sitre you may also check some very nice sound clips. CORSA is GM approved.

The Lingenfelter CAI as well as most other CAI's replaces the stock airbox. That raises temperature concerns. The Lingenfelter has a divider which seals when the hood closes separating the filter (a conical KN) from the engine bay thus keeping the hot air outside. It is the only one to relocate the IAT sensor from behind the radiator to the filter area. It is the best one out there right now.

In the distant and uncertain future JBA may, just may, put into production their dual exhaust; nevertheless, JBA does not have a muffler design to outsmart CORSA.

Similarily, GRAVANA will start looking into developing the Woodward hood and the woodward dual ram air intake. Now, that's a system whereby you will have to buy the Woodward hood and the dual ram air intake. That will be over one grand I guess, if and when they come up with it.

In relation to performance GRAVANA has the Superchips tuner from Max Microtuners available for the GTO. It is plug and play. Plug it, read and save OEM settings, ask you few questions, and then it reprograms your PCM to optimized preprogramed values. You can remove the speed limiter, paly with shift points if you so like, and can make the radiator fan start at a lower temperature. It also has all diagnostic codes and expalnations. You can reload the OEM tuning if you so ever want to. That's about $430.

Next, subframe connectors and driveshaft safety loop.

Last edited by Antonio de Armas; 01-09-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Teching In

I have the CORSA Sport with Oval tip on my GTO. It has a great sound, 0 interior resonance and improved the throttle response (SOP dyno my POV). And, I am about to order the LPE CAI just as you noted. The $760 is a great price for the CORSA. I got mine for $795 including shipping and handling.

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust/ Performance Exhaust