Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Free AEM Brute Force Intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free AEM Brute Force Intake

Hello Everyone,
It's that time again. AEM is looking for a 2005 Pontiac GTO for intake system development. The vehicle must be located in the Los Angeles Area, and must have the stock intake. Testing should take no longer then 2 weeks and transportation arrangements can be made if necessary. In exchange for your assistance AEM will provide you with a free AEM intake system. AEM is fully insured and while your vehicle is in our possession it is fully protected. Information on AEM can be found on our web site at: www.aempower.com Please e-mail any responses or questions to jgleason@aempower.com

Thank You
Jon
Old 02-22-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Is AEM ever going to release an LS1 plug and play PCM?
Old 02-22-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

Hmm, AEM cold air intakes for GTO's? Strange... So will this be a true cold air intake and route the intake tube to somewhere other than in place of the factory airbox?
Old 02-23-2005, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I didn't know a 04 was available. If it is does it take the intake tube somewhere different?
Old 02-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CSiJason
Hmm, AEM cold air intakes for GTO's? Strange... So will this be a true cold air intake and route the intake tube to somewhere other than in place of the factory airbox?
Unfortunately in order to make a true cold air intake for the 04 GTO the inner fender would require a large hole cut into it. We actually call our intake for the GTO a Brute Force intake (marketing department...not me). It does however have a heatshield that blocks off the radiator and the overflow tank. We do temperature testing on all of our intakes to ensure that the IAT's are the same or lower then stock IAT's and we test the effectiveness of the heat shields.

As for the stand alone EMS, I am not sure if and when we will be making one. We have a lot of new applications on the table and I know the LS1 has been brought up, but the powers that be are having a hard time deciding if we should produce one. Keep checking the web site and hopefully it will be on there soon.

Thanks

Jon
Old 02-24-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

Can I order one of these heat shields to fit my 05 without ordering the whole intake? (once one has been designed to fit of course)
Old 02-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Can I order one of these heat shields to fit my 05 without ordering the whole intake? (once one has been designed to fit of course)
I think that you can order the heat sheild through a distributor however I am not sure how you would do it. I guess just call one of the distributors listed on our website and ask if you can order one. Sorry I can't help anymore but I just design the stuff, I don't sell it.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

Ah thats fine... See if you can find a way to shield the MAF on the 05's because when that thing heats up the IAT sensor reads the heatsoaked temp of the plastic and not the actual airflow temp going through the MAF. Since it is part of the MAF and not its own sensor like on 04's, it cannot be relocated. (saddly) So if you guys find a way to stuff the MAF on the cold side of the heat shield, that'd be a big improvement over anything else.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Ah thats fine... See if you can find a way to shield the MAF on the 05's because when that thing heats up the IAT sensor reads the heatsoaked temp of the plastic and not the actual airflow temp going through the MAF. Since it is part of the MAF and not its own sensor like on 04's, it cannot be relocated. (saddly) So if you guys find a way to stuff the MAF on the cold side of the heat shield, that'd be a big improvement over anything else.
I appreciate the heads up. I will try to incorporate that into the design if I have the clearance. On the 04 kit I put the IAT on the shielded side and noticed a nice gain. I couldn't believe the underhood temps on the 04 I tested.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

You can also drill a hole in the K&N and put it there.. That's how my kit is..
Old 02-28-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jfulcher
You can also drill a hole in the K&N and put it there.. That's how my kit is..
True, but then you'd have to plug the hole for the sensor.

Quick Reply: Free AEM Brute Force Intake