Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Thinkin about gettin a new GTO.. ??s.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinkin about gettin a new GTO.. ??s.

Just wondering, trying to figure out if i should get one of these or a 350z or something around the same price. What exactly does the Sport package change? i know the dual tips, spoiler, and grill. But what the **** changes with the fascia... is it worth the money to get this package or no?

Im thinkin about the blue ext. and black int.

Thanks! just wondering the statisfaction people getting about these new GTO's. Although this one will stay stock at least for the first couple years.

Just sold my camaro, with spun bearings. was sad to see her go! But my dad is offering to get me one of these! Thanks!
Old 06-10-2005, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

You might want to go ask this at LS1gto.com you will get some good responses.....I have had mine since march 04 and its is wonderful. No problems at all.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:52 AM

Go drive one! I think you'll be impressed with the quality of the car, not to mention the 400HP.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Umm, well, if this is a daily driver the GTO is going to be hard to beat.
Ya get all the power and modability of the Gen. III engines but ya get a quiet comfortable ride and interior. I LOVED my 01'Z28. I also LOVE my GTO. There is a certain persona about the Camaro that is missed in the goat. Just a certain level of bare bones Muscle car. But at the same time, Its probably just me. I dont think you will find to many folks who own these things that will give you a negative response. I highly recommend it
Old 06-10-2005, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by GMCVT
Umm, well, if this is a daily driver the GTO is going to be hard to beat.
Ya get all the power and modability of the Gen. III engines but ya get a quiet comfortable ride and interior. I LOVED my 01'Z28. I also LOVE my GTO. There is a certain persona about the Camaro that is missed in the goat. Just a certain level of bare bones Muscle car. But at the same time, Its probably just me. I dont think you will find to many folks who own these things that will give you a negative response. I highly recommend it
I agree completely! The LS1 F-car is the badass car, but the GTO makes a bitchin' daily driver.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by xp3nd4bl3
I agree completely! The LS1 F-car is the badass car, but the GTO makes a bitchin' daily driver.
Sweet, always nice to get a reality check
Old 06-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS_
Just wondering, trying to figure out if i should get one of these or a 350z or something around the same price.
The best thing that you can do is go drive both of those cars. I did before I bought.

While the 350Z has more amenities, it does not have torque. I was very dissapointed about the powertrain in that car. However, I have driven 5.7 Liter cars since 1996 and am addicted to the torque.

My guess is that since you have had the SS, you won't want the 350z.

Good luck!

Jim
Old 06-10-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i went and tested a GTO on my lunch break today. And i was very greatly pleased. Its luxirous enough yet powerful 2. I have my name written down for one that is coming in next friday.

Impulse blue, black int. 6 speed.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS_
i went and tested a GTO on my lunch break today. And i was very greatly pleased. Its luxirous enough yet powerful 2. I have my name written down for one that is coming in next friday.

Impulse blue, black int. 6 speed.
Very nice, that was my first choice but I ended up with a quicksilver.
Keep us updated!!
Old 06-10-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Woah! Dealer is getting one in tonight or tommarow! i could have this thing this weekend!! woot!
Old 06-10-2005, 05:25 PM

Nice! Impulse Blue looks sweet, that's for sure.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the impulse blue is a new color edition for the 05 model right? I was wondering that. I know for 06 there coming out with an orange and i think a dark red color. But neither of those really jump out at me. The impulse blue looks great but there hard to find! Finally one is coming in, and its got my name on it!
Old 06-10-2005, 06:41 PM

Impulse Blue Metallic was available in '04, '05, and will also be available in the forthcoming '06 models. You just don't see many of them.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well the only ones i see on the street are gray and red, and the occasinal black. Most the dealers will only get 1 Impulse blue in there shipments!! But at least im gettin one
Old 06-10-2005, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

350Z sucks. no feel in the clutch pedal, no torque, cheezy interior, strange ergonomics, list goes on and on.. midnight blue is the new blue color for the '05s. i see GTOs of all colors here in florida. of course i have friends with the ever rare pulse red, impulse blue, black, i own a black, and gtO-Town meets usually have 7-8 GTOs of varying colors. i have a neighbor with a yellowjacket (who leaves it outside.. BAD OWNER!!!) and i see a quicksilver one every other day. i have yet to see a midnight blue in person so get that!
Old 06-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jon944lee
350Z sucks. no feel in the clutch pedal, no torque, cheezy interior, strange ergonomics, list goes on and on.. midnight blue is the new blue color for the '05s. i see GTOs of all colors here in florida. of course i have friends with the ever rare pulse red, impulse blue, black, i own a black, and gtO-Town meets usually have 7-8 GTOs of varying colors. i have a neighbor with a yellowjacket (who leaves it outside.. BAD OWNER!!!) and i see a quicksilver one every other day. i have yet to see a midnight blue in person so get that!
Hey whats up everyone first post in the GTO forum... thinkin about gettin one now that my fbody is totaled.... well the midnight blue is what im lookin for, right now no one even remotely local has one so the dealership is currently searching thinkin it might awhile before i can get one but its what i want and im not gonna settle for just any color i love the look of the midnight blue and there pretty hard to come by, ive never seen one around here so far so im tryin hard to get one
Old 06-12-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Veteran

I probably would pass on the Sport Appearance Package (SAP). Especially the spoiler.

There are some other nice aftermarket parts out there if you feel the need to customize your car, like MPD's hood and different styles of OEM Monaro wheels.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by xp3nd4bl3
Impulse Blue Metallic was available in '04, '05, and will also be available in the forthcoming '06 models. You just don't see many of them.
Yea, i've hardly seen any other blue GTO's on the road. Usualy black, red or yellow is what I spot the most. Their is another blue 05 in my area that I see every now and then. Then again, i'm the only one in the area with the SAP package on an IBM 05, plus custom wheels so it stands out quite a bit.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TriShield
I probably would pass on the Sport Appearance Package (SAP). Especially the spoiler.

There are some other nice aftermarket parts out there if you feel the need to customize your car, like MPD's hood and different styles of OEM Monaro wheels.
you mean like this?

this is a pic i took of DBlue's (on ls1gto) GTO. the CV8-R wheels look awesome.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:41 PM
Teching In

i have only seen 1 other gto in my area which was an silver 04...i got the 1st 05 gto in my county and surrounding counties which happen to be an impulse blue w/ blue int. which i absolutely love and the pic on the internet doesnt do the blue int. any justise...people cant believe that the int comes factory like that...i would like the get the front bumper from the sport package...can u just buy the front bumper w/o buying the whole package? but i like what u have done w/ your car CSIjason...i like the way yours looks

Quick Reply: Thinkin about gettin a new GTO.. ??s.