Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Boyd F22 wheels arrived! (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005 | 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Boyd F22 wheels arrived! (pics)

Finally, after 8 weeks of waiting.....here they are...
they'll be on the car sometime this week as soon as i get flushmounted valve stems (notice the lack of a valve stem hole on the outside of the wheel, a little bit of a PITA, but a nice touch).

they weigh 20 pounds even each for a total drop of 6 pounds per wheel over stock. These are the ONLY set of grey F22s (AFAIK there are 3 sets of polished and one set of satin silver) in existence that are cut for a new GTO as far as i know, which is kinda cool.

The lip is as wide as my phone....not bad for a wheel with such a crazy positive offset....

I'm definitely happy with how they came out.
Old 10-16-2005 | 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Very nice!
Old 10-17-2005 | 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hot Sauce
Those are gonna look awesome on MBM. And a lil off-topic, but I miss my i90, best cellphone I ever had.

mine never treated me that bad either.....
Old 10-18-2005 | 05:18 PM
TECH Resident

just curious , waht is the size/offset of the wheels going on your gto?

those look nice by the way, cant wait to see them on the car!
Old 10-18-2005 | 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
just curious , waht is the size/offset of the wheels going on your gto?

those look nice by the way, cant wait to see them on the car!

they were cut to stock specs....17x8 with a 48mm offset all around.

I'm just waiting on the stupid flush-mount valve stems so i cant mount them up already....
Old 11-14-2005 | 09:16 PM
Teching In

I have seen many absurd looking wheels making their way to GTO's but those you have ROCK !!!
Old 11-14-2005 | 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry, off topic, but i am going crazy as to what exhaust to buy for my new GTO. DeepBlueZ, how do you like the Magnaflow exhaust? How much louder is it than stock? I can't wait to see those wheels on your ride. Do you venture out to captree on Sunday's. I hope to see them.
Old 11-15-2005 | 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nascar20
Sorry, off topic, but i am going crazy as to what exhaust to buy for my new GTO. DeepBlueZ, how do you like the Magnaflow exhaust? How much louder is it than stock? I can't wait to see those wheels on your ride. Do you venture out to captree on Sunday's. I hope to see them.
the magnaflows aren't terribly loud. it's noticeable when you start it that it isn't the stock exhaust anymore, but its still relatively quiet. it has a nice deep tone to it though that was somewhat absent with the stock mufflers. when you get on it hard, it's reasonably loud with no rasp. inside the car, it sounds fantastic, no drone, just a nice deep hum as you go up through the gears that lets you know you're in a muscle car. keep in mind i only did the mufflers. the whole catback might be quieter because the X-pipe cuts the volume a little. If you want it SIGNIFICANTLY louder, do the mufflers and then cut the resonator out and replace it with STRAIGHT (NO crossover) pipes.

I do go down to captree, a couple sundays a month on average so you should see me down there at some point fairly soon.

here's a pic of what they look like on the car (i started a thread but nobody looked at it).

Old 11-15-2005 | 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

those are some bad *** looking wheels. i love the color of your GTO. Looks awesome.
Old 11-15-2005 | 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

DeepBlueZ, Nice, very nice. PM me if you are heading to Captree one of these Sunday's. I'd like to hear your Magnaflows. Take care.
Old 11-16-2005 | 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nascar20
DeepBlueZ, Nice, very nice. PM me if you are heading to Captree one of these Sunday's. I'd like to hear your Magnaflows. Take care.

will do.

Quick Reply: Boyd F22 wheels arrived! (pics)