Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

My GTO got raped today

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My GTO got raped today

Well today I took my dad's Avalanche out to go pick up some tires for cheap from a buddy of mine for my GTO. My dad takes my GTO out to lunch and to the grocery store.

Well, here is where the fun begins, while I'm shopping in Circuit City my dad calls me. He says "the front bumper has fallen off" my car. Now, I say sarcastically, "a front bumper just doesn't fall off, wtf did you hit"? Well while at the Food Lion like a dumbass he pulls up to far and hits one of those cement stoppers that are supposed to hit your tires when you pull up far enough. Well they have 2 pieces of metal rebar that holds them in the pavement. He heard the car scrape a little pulling in and went to back up a little to come off of it. But the rebar stuck up out of the cement stopper a good 3 inches. The rebar caught the bumper and ripped it out of every screw hole but one. Just like you'd rip notebook paper out of a binder. The bumper he said was just laying on the ground. Only connected to the car for about 6 inches on the extreme left side by the tire.

Needless to say I was pissed. He then tells me the Food Lion mgr. claims that the people that own the parking lot/shopping center will pay for it to be fixed and that he doesn't need to worry about it.

From my experience in the past of hearing about these things, is since he hit it that he'll have to use our insurance to pay for it. Got home and looked at it. Other than being ripped from the car, the bumper is in one piece. He had to put electrical tape on it to even get it home. My guess is it's probably going to need 2 new inner fender inserts since the bumper came ripped apart from them, and obviously a new bumper. Luckily I'm taking it to the dealer that my friend works at who will be doing the painting to it. But I know with friend's experiences that it is usually a pita to match bumpers to the rest of the car.

My guess is it's a good $2k damage for parts, paint, labor, etc.

Probably won't have the car back up and running until 06 and I'll have to drive his ****ing truck until then.

My question is, how hard is it to get replacement parts for these cars? How long will I be waiting appx?
Old 12-04-2005, 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

The owners of the center will pay if you have a letter from the store mngr that saw it.The rebar is the problem,not the stops.Lack of mainanance in the lot is their problem not yours.Don't give up too soon on them paying.
Anthony
Old 12-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

Cool, do you think I could tell them to add some SAP grilles to my estimate?
Old 12-04-2005, 10:06 PM
GTO
On The Tree

Car-part.com I Got All My Parts From Schrams Auto&truck Parts (they Are Awsome Ppl To Deal With) I Got My Car Crashed So I Got All The Parts I Needed From Them
Old 12-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

$798 was the estimate on the damage I got today.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Junkie

I was just gonna tell you it'll be about $800. Something similar happened to mine a few days after i bought it.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Launching!

goodluck!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

I was told bumper will be in on Friday. Painting/install done on Monday and Tuesday and will be ready to be picked up Tuesday evening. Can't wait, I miss my power.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sucks man, sorry to hear about this.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Bumper came in early, they will be painting her tomorrow. Maybe I'll have it back by Monday.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Same thing happened in my old apartment complex's parking lot before I bought my house. My total repair came to over $1,000 and the apartment complex issued me a check for the repair. And not suprisingly they fixed all the rebar that was sticking above the conrete stops in the parking lot the following week.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Dude, that suck's. Talk about a heartbreaker. Hope you get it fixed soon!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Got it back yesterday. Looks absouletly perfect. My friend did a great job, they even detailed the whole car up for me as well. I couldn't be any happier with the work.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

That's good to hear. Wrecked vehicles suck.

Quick Reply: My GTO got raped today