Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Am I thinking logically? Couple exhaust options...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007 | 08:26 PM
Teching In

Default Am I thinking logically? Couple exhaust options...

To start...

My car is completely stock. I still have the factory warranty also. So I really dont wanna void it YET.

Now...

I am wanting to get a lil bit more noise outta her. I have already determinted that my exhaust setup will consist of Kooks & Corsa, and maybe some cutouts...OVER TIME! Now my questions is what order should I do them in? Remembering the fact that I don't think I wanna void the warranty yet, I think the headers will hafta be last...right? Looking at price-wise, the cutouts would be cheaper. Will they void my warranty though? I know that a cat-back is really just sound, w/ not much hp. So I dunno if I am ready to dump that amount of money just for the sound. Same situation w/ the cutouts for the most part? But cheaper. And on another note, I am on a budget for now, but I dont have patience. So a tune couldnt happen any time soon either.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?

TIA!

Jake
Old 04-07-2007 | 09:49 PM
Teching In

It won't void your whole warranty only your exhaust warranty. If you have headers and the radio breaks it will still be covered under warranty.

I went about a year on LT's and no tune, just had a CEL for a while.
Old 04-07-2007 | 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

I would do longtubes first. It might be too loud for you with LTs and a catback.
Old 04-08-2007 | 02:27 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Long tubes but they are technically illegal

Cat back doesn't really add much in the way of power to a stocker but it will give you increased sound. And won't void anything.

Long tubes really are the way to go though.
Old 04-08-2007 | 11:44 PM
On The Tree

If you are that worried about the warranty, take the common sense approach.........leave it stock!
Your exhaust system, from the manifolds back, is all you will ever need in 99.9% of any application. If you want more sound on the cheap, try swapping mufflers. Otherwise, yes, headers are the only feasable upgrade that adds both performance and better overall sound.
Old 04-09-2007 | 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

do the catback first. some shops dont care for modified cars, while others wont even look at your car with anything on it. a catback will give you the sound you want, and you wont need any aditional costly items(tune, gaskets, install). if your going to do LT's down the road, get the corsa street, not the sport...unless you want the world to end and make small children cry.
Old 04-09-2007 | 10:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jamesSS
do the catback first. some shops dont care for modified cars, while others wont even look at your car with anything on it. a catback will give you the sound you want, and you wont need any aditional costly items(tune, gaskets, install). if your going to do LT's down the road, get the corsa street, not the sport...unless you want the world to end and make small children cry.
Yeah, thats what I want! Its just gonna come down to whats the better deal at the time I think. If no deal, then cat-back will be my verdict...maybe. I DUNNO!
Old 04-09-2007 | 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

i know what you mean. i did my slp lm1 first, and im keeping it that way most likely till my warrenty is up(in a few months), then its SLP LT's with catted mids. good luck.
Old 04-10-2007 | 05:38 PM
Teching In

If you go with corsa sport skip the cutouts. Not worth it IMO.
Old 04-10-2007 | 07:52 PM
Teching In

The only reason I am thinking cutouts is b/c of this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=235wd...elated&search=
LOVE IT! I wanna sound like that one day. I know that this car is cammed. Thats why I say one day. I just didnt know if I'd save money doing it in any particular order.
Old 04-10-2007 | 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

damn. that thing sounds sweet. good luck man.
Old 04-11-2007 | 03:47 PM
Teching In

Trust me do the headers and corsa first. It will sound bad. I've got corsa sport with 1 7/8 ARH headers on mine and it's actually louder then a buddy here with kooks. I don't know why.

Quick Reply: Am I thinking logically? Couple exhaust options...