Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Cold Air Intake Systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008 | 02:45 AM
Teching In

Default Cold Air Intake Systems

So, I know this topic has been beaten to death over which CAI works best on a LS2 GTO. I have done so much research on the different brands of CAI's and can't really decide on which one I want. So I thought I would post up on the subject. What I want to know is what intake systems all of you are using and how happy you are with the product. Also, opinions on which ones have the easiest installation, best performers (although I think the benefits from one brand of CAI to another is the same) and if you could change the current one you have for another one, which one would it be? Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

I am really interested in the Lingenfelter Intake system or the Volant.
Old 05-01-2008 | 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

I went with the Lingenfelter. All of the brands are gonna yield similar gains. I looked for the one that keeps the IATs the lowest. I dont remember who, but a guy over on LS1GTO.com did a back to back comparison of stock IATs and Lingenfelter CAI IATs. It wasnt just a swap for a drive around the neighborhood. He drove the car for like a day or two each, so the temp readings were based on a variety of outside temps and driving conditions. I dont recall the exact temp difference, but it was very significant. The Lingenfelter seems to do the best job at sealing the box from hot engine bay air. Anyway, I went with the Lingenfelter and I am installing it tonight after work
Old 05-02-2008 | 07:50 AM
Teching In

I have the CAI system and I love it! Very well made and it has an insulated air box. According to my scan gage, it lowered my IAT by 15 deg. vs. stock! I don't know what that equates to in HP, but it doesn't hurt. Once she is nice and warm, my IAT has been running almost the same as the outside air temp. as long as I am moving. At a light she will jump 5 deg., but the temp. goes back down once I am rolling again!

Another thing that I did to lower the IAT was to remove the insulation and weather seal from the hood! This cools things down alot!
Old 05-02-2008 | 03:57 PM
Teching In

I have an AEM CAI and wrapped it...

Old 05-02-2008 | 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

i went with an LPE CAI.
Old 05-03-2008 | 08:27 PM
12 Second Club

mine is the best ,lol
no really it is .
i used 4" white pvc pipe from lowes
drilled the hardcore hole below the air filter housing ,did a different overflow bottle location.
it has lots of twist and turns but i get true cold air and ram air as well
Old 05-04-2008 | 07:00 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

You'll never get a real answer to this question. Just get the "purdy" one and tell yourself it was the best decision.
Old 05-05-2008 | 12:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by demonspeed
You'll never get a real answer to this question. Just get the "purdy" one and tell yourself it was the best decision.
Sounds logical.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake Systems