Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

gto vs f-bodies

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a good street strip driver I'de go with the Goat. F-body is played out IMHO.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:12 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
That's all I've been trying to get at all along... as far as the platform goes I can't say... I daily drive mine and I know too many of it's 'negative' qualities to stack it up against another car. haha.
I DD my GTO and all my past LS1 f-body's. The GTO rides better. That's about it. It doesn't handle when pushed any better and it doesn't brake any better. The LS2, while feeling as though it's continually pulling hard, still has to make up for the extra heft (300+ lbs). It also doesn't help that it has cookie-cutter tires as opposed to the rolling pins on the F-Body.

The GTO is a great car, but there is no denying its flaws. If people want to say F-Body's suck because the interior isn't as nice, then go join in on the GTO circle-jerk.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Straight axle > IFS
Light > Heavy

LSX = LSX

GTO's are nice cars. But I bought this car to race. In a race the camaro is much more well equipped than a GTO.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jordan S.
Straight axle > IFS
Light > Heavy

LSX = LSX

GTO's are nice cars. But I bought this car to race. In a race the camaro is much more well equipped than a GTO.
what does IFS stand for?
Old 07-26-2008, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by blkbltgoat
what does IFS stand for?
I'm going to assume he ment to put IRS, which would stand for independant rear suspension.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gangbang malloy
stock for stock a ls2 gto will walk a camaro SS all the time mind u both drivers know how to drive.

all bets are off if either one is a rook

fact are facts
when i had my 06 GTO 6sp,w/exhaust as its only mod I raced a freinds 02 camaro SS 6spd that only had an slp lid and he walked me every single time from a low roll.would have been uglier from a dig imo since i was on skinny *** 245's versus his 275's + solid axle. I even took the jump on one race and he still passed by me

so anyways im just gonna say is that stock for stock ls2gto vs ls1 f-body is a close close race.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

well id say driver and car mods we all like what we like for the ride and the performance the GTO is the best damn thing ever produced with GM parts at the price.yea straight axles are better for racing,how many of them have went 10s on stock ls2 SBE and cam stock IRS setup.over 4000lbs of car is a lot but who wants something every tom and dick has.. IMO the goat looks way better then any camaro,i like the ram air TAs and if not for the goat id had one ,still glad i have the GTO.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Launching!

^^^^ says the guy with the knock off ram air TA hood. and the inside should be nicer IT"S A NEWER CAR' ***.. every year they revise and make improvements on the interior and quality and as for the rattling... wait till your car is 7 years old and see if it doesn't develope little noises...I've raced a couple GTOs some stock some with a few mods (when my car was damn near stock) and every time i ripped'em out of the hole and kept on pulling....and back to my original statement they look like an overgrown Grand-prix " wide track". lolololol.. and if the GTO is such a great car why such a short production run?
Old 07-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mr. Trick
I'm going to assume he ment to put IRS, which would stand for independant rear suspension.
I figured that i just wanted to know what he thought IFS stood for.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
^^^^ says the guy with the knock off ram air TA hood. and the inside should be nicer IT"S A NEWER CAR' ***.. every year they revise and make improvements on the interior and quality and as for the rattling... wait till your car is 7 years old and see if it doesn't develope little noises...I've raced a couple GTOs some stock some with a few mods (when my car was damn near stock) and every time i ripped'em out of the hole and kept on pulling....and back to my original statement they look like an overgrown Grand-prix " wide track". lolololol.. and if the GTO is such a great car why such a short production run?
you should really learn more about the car before you make generic statements you have heard other people say.
The GTO has nicer interior styling and is a more refined inside. this is pretty much accepted now. I owned two f-bodies(which i loved) so i got a much closer perspective.
"it looks like a grand-prix" your so clever how ever did you find a space to fit that in here oh ha oh ha your just so funny.
the GTO was only scheduled to run for 3 years. yes it was not a giant hit but thats not why they stopped making the car over here.

BTW why did they stop making the f-bodies in 2002?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by patisi
Keep 'em coming folks. The Camaro will be out soon that will give the Goat a rest from being picked on then it will be my F Body beat the current Generation Camaro.
yes the new camaro will have the same ls2 as the 05 06 gto,and the weight to go with it.I dont remember running anyone who had a stock Ta or camaro every one that wanted to pick on me was modded,when my goat was new,hell i took a guy with a built tang and he had to spray it 100 shot to only get me by 1/2 a fender i walked him three car out of the hole,with traction control and the factory 18 inch junk *** tires..let em try it now....same ole SBE and cam..but now i have some mods..
Old 07-29-2008, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

lol your a guy who needs a good education damn shame we are not closer id give u a dose 434 rwh lmao hell my stock bottom end ls2 makes 630 on 3 psi of boost..and u can say whatever you want the GTO is one of the best damn things ever to happen to GM 400hp from the factory your lil overproduced camaro only wished it rode ,ran and handled like a GTO,yea its heavy but any day Id leave u eating dust so fast your head would spin.but wait youd still have an excuse..knock off hood it just happens to be a hood I made and a lot of people happen to like it and want it,,UR just so jealous ...
Old 07-29-2008, 12:36 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

I think my head is going to explode
Old 07-29-2008, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

I can haz 03 Cobra?

Oh wait, wrong hate thread.

SRSLY, this hasn't run it's course yet?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by demonspeed
I think my head is going to explode
Originally Posted by geeteego
I can haz 03 Cobra?

Oh wait, wrong hate thread.

SRSLY, this hasn't run it's course yet?
BUMP!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

I love this thread LMAO. Each car has its place.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Launching!

The new camaro will be slower than the 05-06 GTO. This is all because of lbs, GM has stated that the SS model will be around 3900 lbs. I love them both and it was an upset to me as well but it is the truth.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:06 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by 5PONT7
The new camaro will be slower than the 05-06 GTO. This is all because of lbs, GM has stated that the SS model will be around 3900 lbs. I love them both and it was an upset to me as well but it is the truth.
The new Camaro will be +/- 100lbs different than the GTO - that's the only negative. It will have at least 20 more hp/tq and have a much better suspension, rear and tires. It will not be slower. Dead even or slightly quicker.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ArklaTexan
I love this thread LMAO. Each car has its place.
Totallly agree. i loved my 04 gto when i had it the interior and ride was so nice felt like i was driving a much more expensive car. However the ls1 w/ a4 in the goat just wasnt doing it for me. Always loved f-bodies had an 81 z28 and a 2000 v6 in the past. So when i came along a low mileage m6 Z28 i had to get it. Do i still like GTOs hell yes i do... id love to have another one as a dd but this time with a 6 speed.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Launching!

All of the people that I have herd from. Road and Track, Motertrend, etc. have all put the new SS between .2 to .4 seconds slower than that GTO. However That is a small amount and so different people will have different results.

Quick Reply: gto vs f-bodies