Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coy
Nice pissing contest.
fun isnt it
Old 07-17-2008, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

ooh ooh ooh can I play?? My car will kick your F-bodies @$$ To each his own, whatever floats your boat.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by redgoat420
Sleeper bro ^
sleeper?
no a goat looks like a fat Caviler.

and never once has a goat been near me. i walk away every time. ls1, ls2. which ever.

sorry don't mean to be a dick. but a gto is a great daily driver, and nothing more. it can beat most mustangs that it tries. but aint no match for a m6 WS6
Old 07-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Banned

texan. come to town and we can play.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver
I also have an '04 BMW 330ci, and the Goat compares nicely in build quality, handling, and comfort.
see, sounds like a great daily to me. but nothing for the track and fun ride.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
texan. come to town and we can play.
You may be a tad dissapointed as I am not a 12.96 car. You will need a 250-300 shot to keep up.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by patisi
Keep 'em coming folks. The Camaro will be out soon that will give the Goat a rest from being picked on then it will be my F Body beat the current Generation Camaro.
if you look at the car. and look at the new challenger. they look the same. the doors do really bad. GM was dumb to go back in time. F*** Ford, and there Retro Look
Old 07-17-2008, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

Big Bird, where in Iowa are you? My brother and sister live in Des Moines and I have been thinking of a road trip
Old 07-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ArklaTexan
You may be a tad dissapointed as I am not a 12.96 car. You will need a 250-300 shot to keep up.
Ls3 377 Ci
Callies Crank
Oliver Rods
Wiseco pistons
AFR 255 heads
APS twin turbo kit

I Aint 12.96 anymore.

God i love these threads.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Banned

Sioux City, but i leave for Alaska on monday for work
Old 07-17-2008, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Sweet Twins vs Twins, it should be quite fun! I have not forged the bottom end yet as this build has set me back 10k. I have not decided if I just want to forge this bottom end or buy a 402/408 stroker and turn up the boost. My twins are good to 1k but I just dont think that is prudent for a street vehicle. I already can't get traction until the end of 3rd.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by redgoat420
If you had a lid and catback then your camaro wasn't stock LOL.

Both cars are bad ***. Fbodies are little bit lighter and hook better. Gto's handle better but with mods both cars can be equally fast.
pretty sure ss and firehawks came with lid and catback from factory(SLP)
Old 07-18-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

pretty sure ss and firehawks came with lid and catback from factory(SLP)
Yes, they do.

SLP's stock lids and catbacks (Excluding there cold air or aftermarket offered only lid and Loudmouth set ups.) flow that little better compared to what comes on a TA or Z28; GM if you will. Stock/Base model LS F-body.

But including SLP's aftermarket lids and catbacks, or any other company's for that matter. They're going to be superior again over what comes stock on a Firehawk or SS depending on the year, making it not stock. I beleive it's dyno proven, correct me if I'am wrong, please.

Maybe depending on how people look at it you could call a SLP vehicle stock but it's offered like that from the factory, upgraded if you will. Yes it's been modified but GM/SLP advertise it how it is and you can purchase and drive it off of the showroom floor with a upgraded stock lid and catback.

To me it's stock (an SLP car), people may disagree. At the end of the day it's a superior model when compared to others. On paper and in price. Maybe not in the elements of racing due to how these cars are underrated despite the model. But on paper yes, they are.

Sorry for this long response (bored at work with little to do) also I'm sorry if I come off as a dick or rude in anyway. Please parden my tone if need be. Let's not start something between Base model optioned F-bodies vs. anything superior that is also an F-body. PM if so.

Last edited by AlexLs1; 07-18-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Banned

i think if you own a SS of a firehawk and you put anything from slp company. it is just like buying factory parts. lol
Old 07-18-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

I like how a few claims were made at the start of this thread then played out accordingly. Not putting anyone or anything that was said down or disagreeing.

I like these threads.

If you anyone reads my orginal post in this thread, (post #8) I concluded it with saying that between a GTO or F-body it comes down people's own experiences along with the many varaibles that go hand in hand with racing cars despite whatever they are.

Originally Posted by AlexLs1
Bottom line its all relative. All are great cars with there strength's weaknesses no matter the year or transmission. Yet this topic is all relative and opinionated to an extent.
With that said.

Also at the end of the day with all the varaibles that can go along with racing a car, and the list is endless or arguable excuses for that matter. This topic is a relative matter without a standard measurement of error to be considered

This all comes down to opinions and experiences, or as arguably mentioned already, driving ability.

I think due to the volume of this thread and many others alone and ones yet to come.

I think because of this topic is claimed as maybe being beaten to death or constantly discussed dispite how some people think about it or have to say. An event as pure fun and something to stir the pot again, a late model/LSx only GTO vs. F-body challenged should be done.

Out of pure fun, this will probably escalate trash talking but what racing event doesn't. Even if something like this is held locally between a groups.

Similar set-ups will be prooven and comparred between cars.
Driving ability will be shown between racers.
Strenght's and weaknesses will be exposed between cars.

Whatever the event, may it be 1/4 mile, auto X, road racing.

Ok, maybe this can be viewed at a local track depending on the volume of cars that can come out to race, or on Ls1tech or other sites comparring whose done this that and the other regardless of the topic may it be power, the difference in set-ups, numbers, etc...

As I said in my previous post, I'am bored at work with now nothing to do.

What are some else's view about an event like this.

Food for thought.

Last edited by AlexLs1; 07-18-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

i think if you own a SS of a firehawk and you put anything from slp company. it is just like buying factory parts. lol
Arguablly yes lol, but again, didn't come from a dealer that way. I think that's the breaking point there. Haha.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Regular

GTO is better.

Wait.

F body is better.

More productively and importantly, I think they should take this warning off of thermometer packages.

"This thermometer can be used orally or rectally. However, once it is used for one, it should not be used for the other."

If you can't figure this out on your own, you should get the taste you will experience.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Awake455
GTO is better.

Wait.

F body is better.

More productively and importantly, I think they should take this warning off of thermometer packages.

"This thermometer can be used orally or rectally. However, once it is used for one, it should not be used for the other."

If you can't figure this out on your own, you should get the taste you will experience.

Is this directed towards my essay type comments?
Old 07-19-2008, 04:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AlexLs1
Is this directed towards my essay type comments?
No, to be totally honest I didn't read your post, I was just trying to come up with something totally off the wall and off-subject.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LS2 GTO,s with ported fast 92/TFS 225/ 232'234 cam=walked f bodys HAHAHAHA

Quick Reply: gto vs f-bodies