Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Rally America in Houghton, MI

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally America in Houghton, MI

I didn't find anything for Rally Racing and I don't really know how you guys receive such racing. So I figured I'd post it it here, since it seems the most appropriate place.

I went to Rally America in Houghton, MI in the upper peninsula (U.P.). It was a damn good time.

On to Pic's and Video!

I have MANY more pic's in my photobucket account. Check them out.
http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ghtBall/Rally/

I'll post the video I compiled of all the video I got from the Rally Racing.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/R...ent_713688.htm

I do have more video of the guys screwing around "rallying" their cars. Just getting them muddy and stuff. It was a good time. Click the link bellow for the screwing around.
http://members.streetfire.net/upload...eeightball.htm
Old 10-17-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

personally id love to try a rally. there isnt much local to me in NJ, not without a several hour drive. plus it would involve a whole other car as a seperate project.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Staging Lane

^ That's what I'm doing right now actually. I'm only looking at cars I absolutely hate though. I don't think I could rally a car I love.

That's why I'm looking at either a Honda Civic or a VW Mk IV Rabbit. I'm a bit more partial to the VW but I can't stand Civic's. I found one about 30 minutes from my area that is really close to being rally ready for $1,500. I'm thinking of getting it. I just need to take a look at it to get a good idea on what I think of it.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

i could never drive a civic. for any reason, unless its directly into a car crusher. the ONLY jap car id ever consider would be an older subaru of some sort, soley for rally. i was also thinking of an AWD tsi eagle talon, so at least it has somewhat of an american lineage. the ford focus is also a good start, as there is even a rally spec series for the focus.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

Well the problem that I'm finding, is the fact that the Rally America and World Rally rules state that if it is your first time, you have to drive 2wd and N/A. Rally-X on the other hand doesn't matter. But Rally America and World Rally are both a professional series as rally-x is normally out in some farmers field.

So in reality, seriously, the civic would be just so I can get that 1 professional race out of the way and straight to the junk yard. Hopefully wrecked from having an end over end roll over from rally.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

id figured if you went into rally america, youd have to be a full time racer. thats like getting into AI or CMC. not really something you can do as a hobby. rallyx would be much cheaper and easier. biggest problem for me is i can NEVER find anyone dependable or dedicated to putting together a real race effort.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Well, my problem is figuring out if I can be a full time racer. Know what I mean? I do understand what you mean though. Finding people that are dependable and dedicated enough is extremely difficult.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks for the pics, that looks like a fun time. I wish rallying was more popular in america
Old 10-27-2009, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

bro thanks for posting up the pic's.i love rally racing something sick.had a friend that raced a 94 mustang gt of all cars in MI
Old 11-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Rally is brutally fun - I'm going to a rally school this winter for pro driver training. You won't be disappointed if you get involved in any way.

Quick Reply: Rally America in Houghton, MI