Video, Roebling Road in Savannah Ga. Nov 5-6

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Video, Roebling Road in Savannah Ga. Nov 5-6

Enjoy

http://youtu.be/7T_to7jaTJ4

Video of last session, a little braver.....turn one is intimidating, I step on the brakes running 137 MPH.....I can make that corner a lot faster if my stones were big enough.

http://youtu.be/qCNDermGiwg

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 11-10-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Added another vid.....no comments? Mitch where are you? I need some feedback.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:57 AM
ZV8
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounded like you were in 5th gear cruising on the highway the whole time and never shifted whats up with that?
Old 11-11-2011, 05:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ZV8
It sounded like you were in 5th gear cruising on the highway the whole time and never shifted whats up with that?
I was in 4th gear, I just put a new engine in the car with 60 more RWHP than I had and I was new to the track.

I dont know how to heel-toe yet and my pedals are not set up for it, so I just left it in 4th.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

The most important question is did you have fun?

Yeah, leaving it in 4th is fine when you are learning. I still have trouble with heel and toe and I have done a dozen of these events. There were some cars in front of you not taking good lines which is why they tell you to NOT follow the car in front of you. Looks like you were doing good. That one long turn was a lot better when made into a dual appex. That is part of learning a track and what works for your car.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:27 AM
TECH Veteran

I had a lot of fun, I am trying to concentrate on learning and staying on the line I want with cars in front of me.....that is very hard for me to do.

The car was plenty fast leaving it in 4th, I was running 1:29 ish laps like that which is respectable on that track for a first timer.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Added another vid.....no comments? Mitch where are you? I need some feedback.
I've run Roebling a bunch of times and your line looks good to me. You just need to get used to the new motor and get more aggressive with your shifting. With my stock LT1 I'm 3rd to 5th around the track but there are plenty of LSX powered cars just using two gears around that track.

The last time I shot video was January 2007 and I've never put it up on Youtube. It's really crappy video and you'll need to right click save as since it's hosted old school style. Roebling Jan 07
Old 11-16-2011, 04:08 AM
ZV8
12 Second Club

dont worry bout "heel n toeing", just down shift on straight line hard breaking BEFORE entering turns to get it into atleast a usable powerband on exiting the corners, and be really soft with the clutch so as not to upset the rearend.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ZV8
dont worry bout "heel n toeing", just down shift on straight line hard breaking BEFORE entering turns to get it into atleast a usable powerband on exiting the corners, and be really soft with the clutch so as not to upset the rearend.
Yes, that is what I do but it would be easier on the clutch and be smoother if I could get that down.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Right now I am just trying to learn where and how to put the car online, the car has enough power in 4th where I can crack the throttle open when the car is done rotating then feed it power then on the floor early and drive it out.

I have been told by more than a few that I have a lot of car under me, to be honest after I spun the car coming onto the front stretch at 90 MPH I was a little timid so I want to creep up on my limits....I know the cars limits are WAY out there.

Here is the spin, kinda grainy

http://youtu.be/Y4vR0IDCaUs

Here is a 130mph fly by

http://youtu.be/aLnUE2kU_7E
Old 11-24-2011, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
I dont know how to heel-toe yet and my pedals are not set up for it, so I just left it in 4th.
You can purchase gas pedal extensions by Ultimate Pedals to better enable heel-toe shifting. I have them on both my Corvette and Mustang - works great!

Quick Reply: Video, Roebling Road in Savannah Ga. Nov 5-6