Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

2020 Autocross, NY, PA, and Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 06:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Default 2020 Autocross, NY, PA, and Ohio

I'm from NY and we're never coming out of lockdown, so we decided to do some traveling. Raced with the Akron Sports Car Club, at Dragway 42 in Ohio. The course is AMAZING! I came in 3rd out of 22 in my class, and PAX rankings were 11th out of 126. The course they laid out was 1.4 miles long.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G4EsbP5XN0]
[/url]

There was a good photographer there as well, so I bought some pics

Old 05-31-2020, 10:56 PM
Launching!

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

What exhaust are you running? Sounds like a diesel truck at idle, but when you get on it, it sounds pretty good.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JoshHefnerX
What exhaust are you running? Sounds like a diesel truck at idle, but when you get on it, it sounds pretty good.

Kooks 2” long tubes, no cats, factory NPP cat-back with the fuse pulled. I have a microphone clipped to the rear plate.
The following users liked this post:
JoshHefnerX (06-01-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

You missed a few clipping points, but your quick hands show that you're in step with your car. No overcorrecting or needless backing out of the throttle. Just try to hug the cones a little tighter, otherwise from what I can see you're hustling that thing pretty damn well. Glad you were able to get away from the BS lockdown in NY. We've had it pretty good here in CO compared to a lot of other states.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:16 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Supercharged111
You missed a few clipping points, but your quick hands show that you're in step with your car. No overcorrecting or needless backing out of the throttle. Just try to hug the cones a little tighter, otherwise from what I can see you're hustling that thing pretty damn well. Glad you were able to get away from the BS lockdown in NY. We've had it pretty good here in CO compared to a lot of other states.
Thank you for the kind words! We'll be heading back there on the 27th for their next event.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Ran yesterday in Ohio with the NEOHIO SCCA group. The course was small and technical and full of marbles. Ended up FTD, winning my class and 2nd in PAX to a Miata. Not a very 5th gen Camaro friendly course, but I got lucky!

Was capped at 40 entrants, here's the results

https://neohioscca.com/neohio-solo-e...y-got-to-have/

Video of my fastest run

[ame=
]
The following users liked this post:
JoshHefnerX (06-15-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice job. Hard to say much because you have that image stabilization that I despise, maybe you like it, but it is difficult to review your runs with the view wandering around. I didn't know if couldn't be shut off on the Hero White or I would not have bought it. I'm back to using my Session. That was a short course! We had one a couple years ago that was 30 seconds, but the complaining lasted much longer.

Can't wait until the first AutoX here 6/28
Old 06-18-2020, 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
Nice job. Hard to say much because you have that image stabilization that I despise, maybe you like it, but it is difficult to review your runs with the view wandering around. I didn't know if couldn't be shut off on the Hero White or I would not have bought it. I'm back to using my Session. That was a short course! We had one a couple years ago that was 30 seconds, but the complaining lasted much longer.

Can't wait until the first AutoX here 6/28
I have no idea about image stabilization lol. I don’t have the camera set to anything. It’s a hero 7. Maybe it’s defaulted to image stabilization I honestly don’t know. The track was FULL of marbles, a bit of dirt, dust, chalk etc. My first lap I felt like the car was drifting about 1/2 the course.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

For sure that's some image stabilization going on there. The Hero 7 has that.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Went to UMI Motorsports Park and raced the Optima DriveAutoX event over the weekend. Ended up #1 qualifier (barely) and overall winner in GT Class (basically late model aka CAM-C). Then Justin Peachey showed up and smoked everyone lol. He was ridiculously fast. My fastest raw run was a 33.244 he was instantly running 32's, and got it down to a 32.0 or 32.1. Just crazy fast. Here's my fastest raw run, sorry for the GoPro image stabilization lol:

Old 06-22-2020, 12:59 PM
12 Second Club

Nice job. I have UMI just about everything on my car, Ramey has been really helpful and spent a lot time with me. I'd like to see how I fair with some of those guys, but at this poin,t I barely remember how to drive! First event next weekend finally.

The Hero 7 white you can't shut off stabilization by the way. The black I know it can be shut off. If you don't care, don't worry about it!
Old 06-22-2020, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
Nice job. I have UMI just about everything on my car, Ramey has been really helpful and spent a lot time with me. I'd like to see how I fair with some of those guys, but at this poin,t I barely remember how to drive! First event next weekend finally.

The Hero 7 white you can't shut off stabilization by the way. The black I know it can be shut off. If you don't care, don't worry about it!
I have the black edition. I will shut it off. It must be defaulted to “on”. I’ve never really messed with it. The UMI guys are so cool to us. They had the Green Machine out there ripping laps. I don’t know who was driving it though. It was running 34’s all day.

What event are you doing on the 28th? I’m headed to the second Akron event on Saturday the 27th. Already 86 cars registered.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:07 PM
12 Second Club

NWOR Toledo Express airport. They capped it at 100 and it hit that limit pretty quick. I pretty much stick to local Detroit stuff since there is plenty going on and we have some pretty good drivers. I was planning to go to Peru CAM challenge, but the pandemic thing is dampening plans. Just crossing my fingers the weather holds out this weekend, I don't enjoy driving in the rain.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

I raced in Ohio again on Saturday and won my class. Never did a real good lap though. I was really unhappy with my driving. Almost embarrassed to post a vide lol. The course was much tighter than last time. I screwed up certain stuff on every lap. Some days it's better to be lucky than good. Managed top pax for the first 3 run groups but then the last run group 2 Beemers and a SSC car passed me. Bounced me to 4th in PAX. I'm in the points lead for CAMC in that region now. Probably going to run their whole points series and see what happens. They run a good show over there. They had 6-7 cars on track at any given time trying to get everyone dry runs with the impending rain. I like that from a group. Screw lunch time, and extra breaks. We're there to race! This is a 66 second run. Not my best run, but my microphone came unplugged so I can upload a video that's muted but a few tenths faster lol. Who wants to see that? Anyways here it is:

Old 06-29-2020, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

Ooh, that is a little rough huh? Seems you stayed in it a bit too long a few times there. Was it slick or the car just not responding or what? Odd surface?
Old 06-30-2020, 06:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Supercharged111
Ooh, that is a little rough huh? Seems you stayed in it a bit too long a few times there. Was it slick or the car just not responding or what? Odd surface?

A couple things happened. I pulled up to the grid and checked air pressure. They were all at 26lbs! Yikes! I typically run them at 30-31. I like to start my runs at 31. After the first lap they'll go to 32 or maybe 33 if the sun is out. Usually before I put the car on the trailer I'll air the tires up before I do so, but last race I forgot. Some guys like them below 30, but for me the tires are way too loose when they are like that. It will push and plow around. Even on my last run they never did get to 30. I also keep hitting cones in the first slalom section, so I ran it a bit conservative just to get a clean lap in. They were running us so fast that I couldn't get my compressor from the pits. All mental errors on my part. Some days it's better to be lucky. I had a guy in a 4th gen breathing down my neck towards the end of our runs. Dodged a bullet I guess.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Saturday at 42 was a good time. My son drove the 4th gen Black TA to second place in CAM C. I was a co-driver and I won't say what place I ended up in. We could only take 4 runs each as the brakes overheated and were non existent on my 5th run. The power steering fluid puked out. Even with the new pump and cooler. He made it in the challenge and the brakes were spongy but okay. A set of new calipers and bigger steering cooler are on the way.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by timberman00
Saturday at 42 was a good time. My son drove the 4th gen Black TA to second place in CAM C. I was a co-driver and I won't say what place I ended up in. We could only take 4 runs each as the brakes overheated and were non existent on my 5th run. The power steering fluid puked out. Even with the new pump and cooler. He made it in the challenge and the brakes were spongy but okay. A set of new calipers and bigger steering cooler are on the way.
A random guy walked up to me before my 5th run and asked if he could go for a ride. I looked at the results and saw the T/A breathing down my neck only a tenth away lol. I told him I couldn’t because you guys were too close for comfort! Just for future reference your car is CAM-T and not CAM-C. The pax is a little easier. They moved 4th gens into T starting this year.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

You guys coming to Cone (not)Killer at CPR?
Old 07-02-2020, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

When is the race?

Quick Reply: 2020 Autocross, NY, PA, and Ohio