Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

LG Motorsports C6-R World Challenge race car on the way to Sebring!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 05:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LG Motorsports C6-R World Challenge race car on the way to Sebring!!!

Our C6 Z06 is on it's way to Sebring.

I have been absent from the forum for a while spending time finishing the new C6 Z06 race car.

I have added some more details for this section since most of you will be interested in what SCCA makes us do to slow us down.

We are on the way to Sebring Fl as we speak for the first World Challenge race next weekend.

We are not allowed to run the 7 liter engine. We have to run the 6 liter engine but we have 5 Million horsepower according to the rules makers.
(We know that comes from the LG Pro Long Tube headers)

IF any of you are going to Fl for the race please stop by our LG trailer.

We have the LS2 6 liter engine in for this year. We can not use the 7 liter engine per the rules.

Some facts:

** We have to run a restrictor plate in the 90mm throttle body. We have to put a 67.9mm flat restrictor behind the throttle body.

** The rules also make all the GM cars use the "Grand Am Cam". Our power was off on the Chassis dyno so we put another set of heads on and picked up a bit.

** We are using our LG coil over package with just different valving and spring rates.

** We have our LGM 2 stage mechanical trans/diff pump in place since we had zero problems with it in 2004.

** Of course we have our LGM exclusive Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft.

** All GM cars must also run the GM performance Cylinder heads(Lingenfelter heads) which are really bad for power, Plus they crack at #1 and #8 cylinders after just 4 races.

** We have to weigh 3100 pounds (with driver in car) and can only have 51% of that on the rear tires.

** On Tuesday the SCCA made us cut the rear fascia that was extended 2 3/4" back to stock. The viper extended theirs 24 inches and that was ok.

** The Hood louvers were reduced in size and we can not even open up 1/2 of them even though the Viper has 3 times as many which will help down force for them, hurt it for us.

** We have to plug up part of the side vents for the same reason.

We hit the track on Tuesday and there will be live timing and scoring on the www.world-Challenge.com web site for all practice, qualifying and race. The race will be this Friday the 18th at 3:45 Eastern time.

Every Corvette in the field is using our LG Pro Long Tube headers

See you there.

Lou Gigliotti

C6 Z06 ready for service

C6 Z06 ready for service

Old 03-13-2005, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kick their *** lou!! best of luck!!
Old 03-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Goodluck man, and be safe.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Junkie

thats a sweet looking car. hope all that bull they added with the restrictions doesn't hurt yall too much.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Our C6 Z06 is on it's way to Sebring.

I have been absent from the forum for a while spending time finishing the new C6 Z06 race car.

I have added some more details for this section since most of you will be interested in what SCCA makes us do to slow us down.

We are on the way to Sebring Fl as we speak for the first World Challenge race next weekend.

We are not allowed to run the 7 liter engine. We have to run the 6 liter engine but we have 5 Million horsepower according to the rules makers.
(We know that comes from the LG Pro Long Tube headers)

IF any of you are going to Fl for the race please stop by our LG trailer.

We have the LS2 6 liter engine in for this year. We can not use the 7 liter engine per the rules.

Some facts:

** We have to run a restrictor plate in the 90mm throttle body. We have to put a 67.9mm flat restrictor behind the throttle body.

** The rules also make all the GM cars use the "Grand Am Cam". Our power was off on the Chassis dyno so we put another set of heads on and picked up a bit.

** We are using our LG coil over package with just different valving and spring rates.

** We have our LGM 2 stage mechanical trans/diff pump in place since we had zero problems with it in 2004.

** Of course we have our LGM exclusive Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft.

** All GM cars must also run the GM performance Cylinder heads(Lingenfelter heads) which are really bad for power, Plus they crack at #1 and #8 cylinders after just 4 races.

** We have to weigh 3100 pounds (with driver in car) and can only have 51% of that on the rear tires.

** On Tuesday the SCCA made us cut the rear fascia that was extended 2 3/4" back to stock. The viper extended theirs 24 inches and that was ok.

** The Hood louvers were reduced in size and we can not even open up 1/2 of them even though the Viper has 3 times as many which will help down force for them, hurt it for us.

** We have to plug up part of the side vents for the same reason.

We hit the track on Tuesday and there will be live timing and scoring on the www.world-Challenge.com web site for all practice, qualifying and race. The race will be this Friday the 18th at 3:45 Eastern time.

Every Corvette in the field is using our LG Pro Long Tube headers

See you there.

Lou Gigliotti

C6 Z06 ready for service

C6 Z06 ready for service

Welcome back Lou -

We really appreciate the public smack in the face regarding the heads, it's funny, but in the 5 years we have been producing those heads, you're the first person that's had a single negative thing to say about them

Maybe it's got something to do with the massive amounts of power your headers are making. This really makes me think I did the right thing last week when I told a C6 customer not to buy anybody else's headers because yours were the best, and it would be worth the wait.

Anyway, good luck in Florida! if you're already blaming the equipment, I'm sure it will go well.

Ed
Old 03-17-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

wow, I know I haven't been to these boards in a while but is there really this tension between LG and Lingenfelter? Two shops I've always looked to as some of the best...

Anyways, give 'em hell Lou!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Boy, im sure that came out wrong !
Old 03-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Abidar
wow, I know I haven't been to these boards in a while but is there really this tension between LG and Lingenfelter? Two shops I've always looked to as some of the best...

Anyways, give 'em hell Lou!
There isn't any tension at all, I thought Lou and I were friends??? that's why I don't understand it either.

I agree give 'em hell Lou, the car looks great!

Ed
Old 03-18-2005, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

i have had great luck with the lingenfelter heads in a race enviornment,good power too........................hmmmmmmmmmm just looked at the sebring, must have cracked a head?
Old 03-26-2005, 07:35 PM
FormerVendor

Hy guys,

Ed Potter and I have talked and we have agreed to solve this problem together. In order for the Corvette 6 liter to keep up with the Viper 8.3 liter with the restrictions that the rules makers have imposed, we have to stretch the limits of all the parts in the LSx engine.

We were shifting the car at 7800 RPMS which required heavier valve springs than the the heads were designed for. This is what we have to do to overcome the rule restrictions. It is not the LPE heads fault!!! Please understand that.

In Racing, LGM is determined to not lose and when the rules come out, we work within them to "Squeeze" the most out of the car and the engine.

We just squeezed the heads too far.

We are now only allowed to rev to 7400rpms per the rules and we are working with LPE to resolve the issue.

I am the only one with the problem because we are the ones that make the hp to keep up.

Ed Potter from LPE and his staff are working together to figure out how I can still get the max out of these rules while working within the design limits of the heads.

These heads are as good as any LS6 heads out there.

I hope that clears up the confusion.

We race, you win.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 03-26-2005 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

All the way ...................... guys

good luck..

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports C6-R World Challenge race car on the way to Sebring!!!