Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

My WS6 and I.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My WS6 and I.

I am no drag racer. In fact I am going out to the drag strip this Sat just for the purpose to race a Mach 1 and see which is faster in a stock form.

But anyway, I figured theres not a whole lot of "road racing WS6's" in the world, and just wanted to see who was really into road racing here, and not so much a straight line.

I would put this in the "suspension" forum but I have more to ask then just the suspension.

Firstly, what is going to be the best bang for my buck when it comes to a full suspension to do road racing with? And/or what is the best for road racing when it comes to a WS6? Don't get me wrong I am not trying to ask the stupid noob question of "WHATS THE BEST YAR?!"... But I would like to know everyones personal opinion to what YOU think is the best.

I would also like to know what you guys think of a WS6 in autox/road racing... I know its not the ideal car for it by all means.. but I like turning a lot haha.

Also, tires, breaks, and any additional advice you may have for RR in a WS6...

Thanks guys/gals.
- Troy
Old 03-30-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1st shocks... good shocks... Koni S/A or D/A depending on what you really need.

2nd a good set of springs...

3rd... good brake pads, fluid...

4th seat time

5th.. more seat time

you really need to get out there in your car and get to know it... big power mods are not as needed as driving time, experience, suspension, brakes and tires.. learn to control the car in mostly stock trim so you know its strengths and weakness's and modify it accordingly..

there are a few people on here that have T/A's on the road course.. so you're not alone
Old 03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6

4th seat time

5th.. more seat time

you really need to get out there in your car and get to know it... big power mods are not as needed as driving time, experience, suspension, brakes and tires.. learn to control the car in mostly stock trim so you know its strengths and weakness's and modify it accordingly..

there are a few people on here that have T/A's on the road course.. so you're not alone

My take on your order ...

time passes ....

#1/2
Old 03-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6

4th seat time

5th.. more seat time

Which brake's would everyone recommend? I dont have a few grand to lay down on some brembo's or something like that but good recommendations are welcome.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

here is what i use.. and so far its working pretty damn good on a budget.. very small budget..

stock LS1 camaro calipers
Kore3 C5 brake brackets (for front rotors)
stock C5 12.8" front rotors (which is a 1" upgrade from stock)
Hawk HP Plus pads
ATE Super blue fluid
Home made brake ducts.. using Severn Motorsports ducts, brake duct hose from Jegs

stock rear calipers and rotors

all together.. i spent $400 on this(inlcuding shipping and tax).. yes i can go more aggressive with pads.. such at HT-10's.. but the Plus's so far have done the job i need.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Optimal
Which brake's would everyone recommend? I dont have a few grand to lay down on some brembo's or something like that but good recommendations are welcome.
Nothing wrong with a C5 conversion. LG Motorsports can hook you up with a trick bracket to adapt.

But, I would just get a set of Brembo blanks from tirerack and a set of Carbotech XP8s, flush the systme with Valvoline SynPower fluid.

This will do you very well till you decide where and how far you want to go. No need to throw a lot of cash to go down a path that leads you to a dead end.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Any links to some of these products? I have been researching some of them and so far have A. Not been able to find it. or B. have no idea if I have found it; ha.

I do try and have a drive atleast once a day... I usualy go out to our small little canyons and have a nice go for about 30 minutes... I have learned a lot about this car in the time i've had it... I know pretty well what it does and doesn't do.. But I am sure I am far from being par with it as far as going as far as it can go without extra mods.

I understand if nobody posts any links cause thats part of research, but I figured if I do ask and get some links it saves time from me asking more stupid questions .

This is all that i've found that makes much sense to me; but would it work on an F-Body? Or Would I need to invest in a different rotor etc..?
http://www.kore3.com/proddetail.php?prod=10126-02&cat=7
Old 03-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

not to hijack your thread but keep me updated on the mach 1 my brother has a 03 and we may be doing the same thing come summer but not quite in stock form. I did see a WS6 street racing on speed channel last week. Cool to watch.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Optimal
Any links to some of these products? I have been researching some of them and so far have A. Not been able to find it. or B. have no idea if I have found it; ha.

I do try and have a drive atleast once a day... I usualy go out to our small little canyons and have a nice go for about 30 minutes... I have learned a lot about this car in the time i've had it... I know pretty well what it does and doesn't do.. But I am sure I am far from being par with it as far as going as far as it can go without extra mods.

I understand if nobody posts any links cause thats part of research, but I figured if I do ask and get some links it saves time from me asking more stupid questions .

This is all that i've found that makes much sense to me; but would it work on an F-Body? Or Would I need to invest in a different rotor etc..?
http://www.kore3.com/proddetail.php?prod=10126-02&cat=7

since they are not sponsors of this site.. i cant post a link BUT

do a google search for Severnmotorsports for the brake ducts

Kore3 for their C5 brake brackets.. shouldnt be hard to find on their site

Checker auto or autozone for the C5 brake rotors (need 1 left and 1 right)

GMpartsdirect for the C5 caliper abutment brackets (some call these caliper carriers)

Jegs for the brake duct hose

and you can google ATE Super Blue brake fluid and find a bunch of people have it.. cheap too.

for pads.. you go to www.tirerack.com since they are a sponsor and get the Hawk HP Plus pads there...

Optimal.. i sent you a private message as well

Last edited by GR33N GoblinM6; 03-30-2007 at 08:35 PM.

Quick Reply: My WS6 and I.