Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

stock c5 corvette vs modded z28/ss

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was a dilemna that I faced 5 years ago before I purchased my car. I chose to go with the f-body and to modify it. I just go back from Willow Springs today and my car did very well. There was an E 55 AMG behind me that could not catch up!
Old 09-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

I just had a full day of two C5 guys chasing my tail at Grattan. They could out-brake me a little, but overall, I did pretty well lap after lap. You could tell that their cars were horsepower and tire limited (I make around 500hp and have new KDWs.) With some engine mods on their cars I think we would be equal.
The kicker is that they bought their cars used for a LOT less $ than I have spent in order for a Camaro to "beat a corvette"
Old 10-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Banned

to the top
Old 10-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by OvalHunter
I just had a full day of two C5 guys chasing my tail at Grattan. They could out-brake me a little, but overall, I did pretty well lap after lap. You could tell that their cars were horsepower and tire limited (I make around 500hp and have new KDWs.) With some engine mods on their cars I think we would be equal.
The kicker is that they bought their cars used for a LOT less $ than I have spent in order for a Camaro to "beat a corvette"
thats why i bought a used z06 vette and put v710's on it...very competitive and no work! lol

Quick Reply: stock c5 corvette vs modded z28/ss