Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help cranking but not starting please no power to injectors!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help cranking but not starting please no power to injectors!!!

I am having trouble starting my ls1 swap and have read for the past 2 days of what to do let me list what I have done and what I'm not getting
I have checked all ground wire pin out to pcm all good
I have installed a vats module to bypass vats as this is where I thought my problem lies up until today
Im not getting any 12v power to injectors or signal of course
coils are firing as I can hit it with starting fluid and fires off.
I have 50lbs of fuel pressure
I have traced the Blue #3 wire at pcm and no voltage
Im running the 2002 fbody harness that was supposed to have vats removed but was not for sure and when I tried and no signal everyone was telling me its a vats problem so I purchased and installed a 50htz vats module today but still the same problem no voltage at injector and no pulse

This harness is in a swap and these are the wires I have hooked up
Blue # 1 and 40 ground #19 to keyed ignition # 20 and 57 to battery positive side
Red side only 1 and 40 to ground

Does anyone have any input or see anything wrong with this wiring

Im offering a 20.00 reward for any info that will lead to me hearing the thing roar on good friday ???

Thank you in advance for any advise

When i looked up wiring for this model on here it shows injectors are powered but relays in the engine bay I don't have these as my car is a swap but thought the #3 wire on the blue side was supposed to be the voltage for this If anyone has been thru this and can give any info please comment I know im close It either still a vats problem or I need something else to power the injectors
Thanks
Dan
Old 03-26-2016, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Garland
I am having trouble starting my ls1 swap and have read for the past 2 days of what to do let me list what I have done and what I'm not getting
I have checked all ground wire pin out to pcm all good
I have installed a vats module to bypass vats as this is where I thought my problem lies up until today
Im not getting any 12v power to injectors or signal of course
coils are firing as I can hit it with starting fluid and fires off.
I have 50lbs of fuel pressure
I have traced the Blue #3 wire at pcm and no voltage
Im running the 2002 fbody harness that was supposed to have vats removed but was not for sure and when I tried and no signal everyone was telling me its a vats problem so I purchased and installed a 50htz vats module today but still the same problem no voltage at injector and no pulse

This harness is in a swap and these are the wires I have hooked up
Blue # 1 and 40 ground #19 to keyed ignition # 20 and 57 to battery positive side
Red side only 1 and 40 to ground

Does anyone have any input or see anything wrong with this wiring

Im offering a 20.00 reward for any info that will lead to me hearing the thing roar on good friday ???

Thank you in advance for any advise

When i looked up wiring for this model on here it shows injectors are powered but relays in the engine bay I don't have these as my car is a swap but thought the #3 wire on the blue side was supposed to be the voltage for this If anyone has been thru this and can give any info please comment I know im close It either still a vats problem or I need something else to power the injectors
Thanks
Dan
Good Friday was yesterday........

Are you sure your injectors are not stuck? Are you sure you're not getting power to them (checked with a noid light), or are you guessing since they aren't spraying fuel?
Old 03-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Teching In

I had it posted friday no reply but reward is still in effect but now included a 6 pack of beer of choice
Yes I am 100 percent sure not getting power at injector tested with noid light and volt meter both
Im using a harness out of a 2001 camaro that I have wired as a standalone as stated above Im pretty sure I should be getting power to the #3 blue that would be power to the injectors Im reading to check the injector relay both 1 and 2 on fuse box and I dont have any of these boxes I was under the assumption that if I wired the pcm as a stand alone it would run without any other wires or relays or fuses Where does the 12v power for the injectors come from ??? not pulse by power waiting on the pulse???
Old 03-26-2016, 02:24 PM
Teching In

I had it posted friday no reply but reward is still in effect but now included a 6 pack of beer of choice
Yes I am 100 percent sure not getting power at injector tested with noid light and volt meter both
Im using a harness out of a 2001 camaro that I have wired as a standalone as stated above Im pretty sure I should be getting power to the #3 blue that would be power to the injectors Im reading to check the injector relay both 1 and 2 on fuse box and I dont have any of these boxes I was under the assumption that if I wired the pcm as a stand alone it would run without any other wires or relays or fuses Where does the 12v power for the injectors come from ??? not pulse by power waiting on the pulse???
If you turn your key to "run" you should have power at all 8 injectors all the time. The injector is controled by the ecu by completing the circuit with a ground. So Blue #3 would be a ground not power. The power for the injectors would come from the pink wire you should have ran to a fuse.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

You need to start with what circuit gives 12v to the injectors. Start at the fuse and work your way forward.

12v power is going to come from the fuse block not the PCM. If it was a VATS issue you would have 12v but no control from the PCM.

The circuit should have power while cranking and any time the key is on.

What harness are you using? What vehicle is it in?
Old 03-26-2016, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Oreellyfool
If you turn your key to "run" you should have power at all 8 injectors all the time. The injector is controled by the ecu by completing the circuit with a ground. So Blue #3 would be a ground not power. The power for the injectors would come from the pink wire you should have ran to a fuse.
this and what litjayv10 said are true and invaluable info , also if its a vats issue your noid lights will flash 3 or so times and then stop , this is why in many cases if it runs with start fluid , it is a vats issue , but your injectors must have voltage at crank and run hotwire them and see what happens
Old 03-26-2016, 04:01 PM
Teching In

I posted a reply with pictures but I guess they have to be approved I'm not sure which wire I would hot wire to try I don't have anything connected but the pin out jumpers as stated there is no fuse block with this harness just 3 plugs that I trying attaching to my last reply one is black and brown with 9 wires one is black and gray with 5 wires 3rd is gray and brown with 8 wires I'm just not sure which wires I would jump from the Camaro plugs that went to the fuse block Any suggestion I have looked everywhere for wiring diagram for fuse box and find everything but I referring to box that would have relay for ignition and injectors it's only about 14" from pcm any info would help
Old 03-26-2016, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

The power wires to the injectors are pink. You need to trace where they go.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

From what I've gathered from your posts is that your wiring harness is incomplete.

I'm kinda at a loss of how you don't have a fuse block/panel.

I'll have to look at a diagram for the 02.

BRB

Last edited by LilJayV10; 03-26-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 03-26-2016, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

So on the Fbody the coils and injectors are on different circuits. Each side of injectors has it's own fused power feed circuit.

First thing is to trace the pink wire for each bank and see where it is going.

As stated before if you don't have a fuse block(which I can't see possible) you are going to have to make one.

Once you get 12v to the injectors then you can check to see if you are getting control from the PCM.

You said you are getting spark so that tells me the CKP is doing it's job.

Both spark and injector pulse come from the CKP. The PCM see's this to fire the coils and injectors. However, VATS has the ultimate say in if the PCM will actually fire the injectors or not.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

I might have missed it but what vehicle is this going in? You also have to make sure you are getting power while cranking. A lot of thing lose power while car is cranking. There is also a good chance Vats is not disabled. I would still think you have a wiring problem because i am pretty sure even with vats enabled it should still fire for 2 seconds.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gagliano7
I might have missed it but what vehicle is this going in? You also have to make sure you are getting power while cranking. A lot of thing lose power while car is cranking. There is also a good chance Vats is not disabled. I would still think you have a wiring problem because i am pretty sure even with vats enabled it should still fire for 2 seconds.
Even if it was a VATS problem you will still have 12v to the injectors but no control.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

where are you located? if portland/vancouver PM me.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Check the harness with a test light to a good ground and no it wont hurt anything unless your test light is using a old sealed beam
I get it its basic but a noid wont give you a no voltage answer or will a volt meter. You may have something else effecting the injector ground circuit so

Quick Reply: Help cranking but not starting please no power to injectors!!!