Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2016 Camero SS vs 5.br0

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Maybe this one satisfy you more

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow...eets-of-willow

Production spec......was only for safety. Likely the added weight slowed it a bit. It's no secret the 1le *** wiped the boss. It seems you only read what you want to see. Take a closer look where it sats it dud that in 90* heat......hardly optimal conditions.

What really looks bad is the z28 vs boss comparison.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Well its only fair if you give the Boss to its engineer with a race seat and roll cage. Were you not on Zyborgs side with the whole "whats fair for both" BS? Or suddenly not so much?
Old 09-04-2016, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Waiting to see some bolton results from the 6gen world too. So far power gains from boltons have been disappointing. Tune wise, the only beneficial method is full e85 tune, which they gain decently. Long tubes are not picking up much at all. I assume we should see more bolton times coming as fall approaches.
What? Jannetty got 16 rwhp without a tune from a catted 1 7/8 system. The whole dyno test is on c6.

Ive talked to a couple vendors and its looking like the ls3 with 2 inch working the best across the board. Most see 5-8 rwhp more on the top end with no loss of bottom end compared to 1 7/8. 1 3/4 is down even more.

A 2 inch system without cats and a tune should be good for 25-30hp. Ive seen longtube and e85 cars from 450-470rwhp as well. Im sure it wouldn't run with a heavier car with less hp and a lot less tq but it should do well.

did you also miss the msd intake? extends the rpm range to 7000 and adds 15-20 hp. Seen gains even without a tune but lost some bottom end. They pick up well after tuning.

The new roto fab cai is looking promising so far as well. Took a bit for a company to improve on GM design. But things are coming around. Its a new platform...

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 09-04-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Well its only fair if you give the Boss to its engineer with a race seat and roll cage. Were you not on Zyborgs side with the whole "whats fair for both" BS? Or suddenly not so much?
Yea man.....add a 60lb cage to the boss. You think it will go faster.

Besides....i posted another link of it getting it's *** handed to it.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 09-04-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Maybe this one satisfy you more

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow...eets-of-willow

Production spec......was only for safety. Likely the added weight slowed it a bit. It's no secret the 1le *** wiped the boss. It seems you only read what you want to see. Take a closer look where it sats it dud that in 90* heat......hardly optimal conditions.

What really looks bad is the z28 vs boss comparison.
Hio, it doesnt matter what you show that poor bastard. He sees what he wants to see. Goes through life blind, deaf and dumb... No wonder he picked the shittiest of the newest generation muscle cars, dead last at everything and ugly AF. Automatic no less. Hahahaha...
Old 09-04-2016, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could never race again and woukd still have raced more than you.
I would hope someone in their 40's has raced more than a mid 20's guy.

Does Marc ever race anyone?

When your own last street race was in 2013 and last slips posted were in 2014 You crack me up

To answer your question, yes, I do race - more than you as of late has been documented.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Hio, it doesnt matter what you show that poor bastard. He sees what he wants to see. Goes through life blind, deaf and dumb... No wonder he picked the shittiest of the newest generation muscle cars, dead last at everything and ugly AF. Automatic no less. Hahahaha...
A few weeks ago you were whining about my advantage with the auto, now chanting that it sucks. You opinions flip flop more than the current state youre in when someone calls you out.... Texas... no Florida....no wait!

You are right in something.....the S550 wasnt my first choice at the time but it was the right choice overall for me. I was trading in my daily that had some issues and wanted a C6Z, but it wasnt the right choice for a family of four.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
What? Jannetty got 16 rwhp without a tune from a catted 1 7/8 system. The whole dyno test is on c6.

Ive talked to a couple vendors and its looking like the ls3 with 2 inch working the best across the board. Most see 5-8 rwhp more on the top end with no loss of bottom end compared to 1 7/8. 1 3/4 is down even more.

A 2 inch system without cats and a tune should be good for 25-30hp. Ive seen longtube and e85 cars from 450-470rwhp as well. Im sure it wouldn't run with a heavier car with less hp and a lot less tq but it should do well.

did you also miss the msd intake? extends the rpm range to 7000 and adds 15-20 hp. Seen gains even without a tune but lost some bottom end. They pick up well after tuning.

The new roto fab cai is looking promising so far as well. Took a bit for a company to improve on GM design. But things are coming around. Its a new platform...
Its all the same to me. Just simple pumping, both engines equal ideally. Its going to be hard to prove superiority when power output is dtermined by theoretic maximum power based on near identical pounds per minute pumping.

Imo the coyote has a theoretical advantage based on superior heads. The LT1 corrects the shortcomings of the gen iv. Ie terrible low lift charge inertia. The new LT series' smaller cross section ports with great flow are impossible to fault. 4 valve engine, as a general rule, beat most 2v engines' need for large port volume to achieve maximum power at the expense of low lift and low rpm charge inertia and volume.

Those fellas are facts

That is 2015+ coyote.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where the real world coyote falls short is everything outside of the heads
Old 09-04-2016, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What can fix the coyote's shortcomings? Bolt ons and cams designed for a power peak rpm of 8500 rpm.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

Actually the only thing that saves the coyote is vvti. The furd guys have embraced it.......the gm guys are still deleting it. The few tgat are embracing it seems to be doing well with it.

Now at some point on more agressive set ups vvt will go away on both engines or get very limited.

The lt and ls has more head flow. More than enough to take them into the 7k rpm range......again most don't. They think they have to shift at 6500rpm or less for some reason.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually the only thing that saves the coyote is vvti. The furd guys have embraced it.......the gm guys are still deleting it. The few tgat are embracing it seems to be doing well with it.

Now at some point on more agressive set ups vvt will go away on both engines or get very limited.

The lt and ls has more head flow. More than enough to take them into the 7k rpm range......again most don't. They think they have to shift at 6500rpm or less for some reason.
You are simple and one dimensional. Neither outflow 2015 heads. Both 6.2 LT AND LS BENEFIT FROM THEIR CAM PHASING
Old 09-04-2016, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by assasinator
You are simple and one dimensional. Neither outflow 2015 heads. Both 6.2 LT AND LS BENEFIT FROM THEIR CAM PHASING
Full 8000 rpm+ road race screamer built bottom end, heads, cams and on race fuel absolute full sausage to the max livernois coyote barely hit 600 hp on an engine dyno. With no bottom end and no driveability.

An lt1 and even ls3 can hit that with a backyard build with off the shelf parts on 93 octane and still have bottom end. And THEN after that they aren't cube limited.

NA for NA it's not even a contest. It's comparable to an ls1 in realistic max NA hp output. Welcome to 1996 Furd...

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 09-04-2016 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cough.....e85

Lol

Someone thinks a little

He did talk alot if **** about fifgens

You tied with more mods.....and was getting drove around up top. And went 2 of 5 vs the 6gen.

Lol@your mod for mod bs.

5br0s only seem to want to run stock 6gens
You really hate e85 huh? Yall would really be butthurt to see what the car can do on 93 eh?

Only 6gens encountered are stock so for .. not many modded.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
How about cam only? I think a 1le or even a ss will be a issue. Given the right setup of course, there is a wide variety of supporting mods and cams.
I will admit that full sausage I believe the LS has an advantage. Cams etc on the mod motors are cost prohibitive when you consider you can get boost so cheap, and the 5.0s shine with boost
Old 09-04-2016, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Full 8000 rpm+ road race screamer built bottom end, heads, cams and on race fuel absolute full sausage to the max livernois coyote barely hit 600 hp on an engine dyno. With no bottom end and no driveability.

An lt1 and even ls3 can hit that with a backyard build with off the shelf parts on 93 octane and still have bottom end. And THEN after that they aren't cube limited.

NA for NA it's not even a contest. It's comparable to an ls1 in realistic max NA hp output. Welcome to 1996 Furd...
You are lost
Old 09-04-2016, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Quit being so honest. They twist it however they deem fit
Troof

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
I dont think the camaro guy even knew he was racing... Lol... Wtf kind of reaction time was that?

Glad to see Poppa-thug and the BLC (Banana Lover Crew) back, makes for some good entertainment!
Scuses.... And howdy!

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Zyborg really needs to give Poppa a mailing address for those rent checks for Zyborg's mind.

Rent free is not the way to be
I hate being there free...I want to be a contributing member of society. No welfare for me!

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
The yote drug that *** no doubt lol. I'm not making any excuses guys but the 6g definitely takes some getting use to. I was at the shop today who is doing my build and he drove my 6g (for ***** and grins) and showed me how to properly use the rev match (for roll racing) which I didn't know (thanks Davis Chevorlet). This makes a huge world of difference in roll racing. Now I'm not saying using this in this race would have changed the outcome altogether but it might have been a closer race. I'd love to run poppa , and this 5.0 just for fun to see where I stand now that I am a little more experienced and comfy with my car.

Hey I am good with running anybody. And its all good natured fun and no bullshit when I do. The problem is daring to post a video on here gets the butthurt from Zyborg and the Hiocrew,,, hell they even make themselves believe there were different results than the videos themselves show. Always drama here, I wont post any more vids here, and honestly, my car will be a no et/bolt on only car as far as SRK is concerned. Kind of how the hiocrew is and holding back mods etc.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by assasinator
You are lost
Well... Then show me a stock bottom end coyote making 530+ rwhp on 93 pump with some off the shelf parts built in a average joe garage. Everyday occurrences for the ls and lt crowd. Shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes if they are a dead heat. The torque curve and peak will be no contest either but that doesn't matter to you I'm sure.

And still no answer to the cube limited bottom end...

Help me find my way...

Waiting for link to some race shop or mustang mag who spent a million dollars and made comparable hp with race fuel spinning to the moon...
Old 09-04-2016, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

We just have to wait for the ets and timeslips to start rolling in. I am sure mods are coming.. but the lt1 has been out since 2014 so not really a new motor. Not taking any credit from them though. GM has a good setup. I am waiting to see what Fords answer is... I can bet it will be pretty good. Might even trade my car in if its worth while with the 10speed.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
We just have to wait for the ets and timeslips to start rolling in. I am sure mods are coming.. but the lt1 has been out since 2014 so not really a new motor. Not taking any credit from them though. GM has a good setup. I am waiting to see what Fords answer is... I can bet it will be pretty good. Might even trade my car in if its worth while with the 10speed.
Not just the motor. The a8 is a year newer. Also the pcm in the camaro is trickier.

Guy just went 10.8@126 with a converter and cam. DA was around 2500 and temp was 85f. Just an average joes car with a drag pack. Not stripped. Mid ten second car NA with stock heads this fall. Probably near 130 mph. Just insane performance for so few mods. Oh and he has a 150 shot it's set up for and he was running the nitrous tune. Car made 515 rwhp through the a8.

Quick Reply: 2016 Camero SS vs 5.br0