springs
push rods
stock 317s
professional products 96mm intake ported
nw 102mm tb
LT headers
OEM corvette LS7 otr intake common on these cars

I have a question in regards to the maf tuning tables
I'm running a P59 PCM doesn't seem to have very many options for editing things as I thought so far I have only changed the injector data and it runs but like crap

but I tried to copy and paste the maf calibration tables and it will not paste over because the stock 08 vette ls3 bin exceeds the stock P59 limits heres some pictures of what I'm talking about read the bottom and notice the ranges

does anyone know how I can over come this issue ?

or have links to help

I'm also treying to tune in a choppy idle but I cant find a good video/write up for the gen 3
Old 03-18-2017, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have hpntuners I could help
Old 03-19-2017, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
If you have hpntuners I could help
i do have it, let me know its urgent
Old 03-19-2017, 12:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 478 Likes on 336 Posts

Ditch the MAF for SD only. People with tuning software don't need the redundancy offered by factory tune setups. If you decide you want multiple backup tuning systems later, you can always use the time between now and then to figure out any issues you have with the current MAF hardware.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gametech
Ditch the MAF for SD only. People with tuning software don't need the redundancy offered by factory tune setups. If you decide you want multiple backup tuning systems later, you can always use the time between now and then to figure out any issues you have with the current MAF hardware.

I was looking into this option I would really like to retain the maf for drivability
I'm sure theres a way around this that's simple
Old 03-21-2017, 08:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by nick Ritter
I was looking into this option I would really like to retain the maf for drivability
I'm sure theres a way around this that's simple
There may very well be a simple solution to use the ls7 MAF. However, until you find the proper solution, SD only causes absolutely no drivability issues. It is, however, somewhat more time consuming to fully tune. This should not be seen as a drawback, however, because you would want the SD to be fully tuned in addition to the MAF once you finish your project. This would give you the equivalent of a full factory capable tune.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gametech
There may very well be a simple solution to use the ls7 MAF. However, until you find the proper solution, SD only causes absolutely no drivability issues. It is, however, somewhat more time consuming to fully tune. This should not be seen as a drawback, however, because you would want the SD to be fully tuned in addition to the MAF once you finish your project. This would give you the equivalent of a full factory capable tune.
Tuner said the exact opposite

maf cars will run better in any condition and drivability will improve along with a nice lopey idle
Old 08-19-2017, 07:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by nick Ritter
Tuner said the exact opposite

maf cars will run better in any condition and drivability will improve along with a nice lopey idle
Your tuner is either lying, lazy, or incompetent. My vote is probably for lazy, because a full SD tune takes a lot more work than a MAF tune.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

I can say mine is SD tune, because I have absolutely no drivability issues, and when I was done with that, I was too lazy/seen no reason to do the MAF. It does take a little while to get it dialed in though.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:15 PM
7 Second Club

Received 303 Likes on 203 Posts

You need to calibrate the MAF no matter what so just double the stock MAF table and start there. There are plenty of downsides to having it run in speed density compared to a MAF and I would hope that people realize that actually measuring the mass air flow compared to estimating it is going to be more accurate under changing conditions. It's why I generally only recommend going speed density when necessary, ie exceeding airflow limits, intake air reversion from large cams, etc.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,110 Likes on 2,425 Posts

^^^^ Exactly! SD is doing what it is "supposed to do", while MAF is reacting to real conditions.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by G Atsma
^^^^ Exactly! SD is doing what it is "supposed to do", while MAF is reacting to real conditions.
While the difference is minimal, you must consider the fact that MAF sensors react more slowly to changes than MAP sensors. This is very likely why GM uses the MAF more for steady state and the SD more for quick transitions at low airflow conditions. I stand by my theory that the OP would be best served going ahead and getting his car on the road in SD while figuring out the MAF situation. Once sorted, the MAF can be added back in to have a full factory style proper tune.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,110 Likes on 2,425 Posts

I DO totally agree with your reasoning; get SD tuned to within an inch of its life (lol), then when desired go to MAF. That way all bases are covered. Good thinking!

Quick Reply: P59 PCM running a Ls3.ls7 card style maf