Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rpmspeed New HD rocker sets (not comp)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 01:39 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
I wouldnt say ALOT of parts are chinese made....but the orig lsx blocks were only machined here.
The Dart blocks and cylinder heads are cast and machined right here in the USA.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts

There is no argument there. But they werent orig cast in the us iirc. they were machined here though i think. then gm changed after they had so many wnty blocks amd blems.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

$10 off this week only
Old 08-01-2017, 05:17 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Will have pics of the rockers off my engine either end of this week to first of next week. depends on how much windshield time i get
Old 08-06-2017, 11:56 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Maybe you are mistaken, but we do not buy a single thing off alibaba not are these sourced from china. They are direct from melling as was stated earlier.

Making accusations with no proof seems to be rampant these days and its spread to here too i guess.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

How many people are using/buying Callies Comp star cranks in their engines? Or used original GM LSX blocks? Or buy speed engineering headers or ebay/speedmaster head studs? Holley Sniper brand, nearly anything with the summit or jegs brand.

Quite a few auto parts you buy at the local oreillys or auto zone or rock auto have C&U bearings in them now including dayco tensioners and quite a few reman and new water pumps, ac compressors, power steering pumps, the list goes on. Most dont take them apart to check them out they just put them on and go.

GI Joes (in the 80s and 90s at least) were made in china. Most kids didnt care and the parents didnt care either. I can tell you out of the 50 i had i only broke 1 and i was very rough on them.

Seriously this is sounding like the everyday news where people point the finger at us for being truthful then go other sponsors even on here and buy more chinese parts with no problem.

If you dont want them, dont buy them, but dont make false accusations toward the products we have. Stating an opinion as fact is just as bad.

Last edited by tech@WS6store; 08-06-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The bearings are a made by C&U. They are a chinese manuf but these are distributed here and are actually very high quality. You wont get that info from comp or any co really. We want to be as up front and truthful as possible on these.

We recommend the additive in the oil at least and include this lube with the kits to properly break in the "virgin" surfaces. I cannot say whether the comps would have lasted. Every guy is going to say of course they use break in additive or break in oil etc when most just installed them dry and ran whatever oil they had unless it was a brand new engine.
Id prefer they use not only the additive in reg oil as it does get diluted but rather a full break in oil with the kits, but us including any of that in the kit would not make them affordable so we did the next best thing and include zddp lube and have brand new rockers with no pattern on the valve contact pad or lifter cup. Then recommend break in additive or full break in oil change. That way EVERYONE knows ahead of time what to do and why. They cannot claim any ignorance or didnt see it etc. All too often ive seen other companies let it pass as "well its just common knowledge" or "well we always recommend break in lube and oil/additive" yet you never hear about it.
As far as the comp trunions, their failure issue seems to be from more than just proper oil. Surface roughness and hardness and finish were also issues.

If you dont use the break in additive then its really on you should any issue arise from not using it. That seems harsh but we tell everyone here amd even include a paper with the rockers on proper assy and to use break in additive or oil. $10 at the auto parts store for some lucas break in additive isnt much. Thats just 1 option.

Well are they from Melling or C&U? Now you said your Oil Pumps are from Melling, maybe you are forgetting where you say things are coming from.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:56 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

You should read better. The bearings are c&u not the whole rocker. That was stated in this thread. c&u makes bearings. Melling makes the rest and assembles them. Melling sourced all of it, not us. That is why we are only selling them complete. Again all of this was stated in this thread.

On the oil pump thread i said the oil pumps are NOT made by melling but ARE made by mahle. That is in the thread also.

Maybe that helps.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I do not know where you are coming up with the Summit stuff being made in China, but one heck of a lot of it is made right here in Ohio. I know numerous shops that are manufacturing items for Summit. They are mostly all small Mom & Pop shops and do it for ridiculously cheap prices.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:42 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I never said all. I know summit buys in bulk and can pass the savings on but they also use chinese suppliers on their summit brand stuff as well. It is a fairly well known fact.

Just like walmart. Their beginnings were only american made products sold in their stores, now you are lucky to find something not made somewhere else.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Again...what is made in China with their brand name? I live in NE Ohio and it is a well known fact they have many parts made right here in MANY small shops.

Besides the obvious stuff that everybody makes overseas these days, what items are you talking about? Camshafts? Rockers arms? Pistons? Blocks? Cranks? Heads? I can tell you the trunion set I get from Summit was American made and even had American made bearings.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:02 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The trunion set was likely either comp or whomever comp gets theirs from. No argument there nor did i say they were from overseas.

As far as the rest, everyone can do their own research on it. They offer so many under summit brand its nearly impossible to catalog them all unless you work there.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

You should read better. The bearings are c&u not the whole rocker. That was stated in this thread. c&u makes bearings. Melling makes the rest and assembles them. Melling sourced all of it, not us. That is why we are only selling them complete. Again all of this was stated in this thread.

On the oil pump thread i said the oil pumps are NOT made by melling but ARE made by mahle. That is in the thread also.

Maybe that helps.
This is one of the new parts I replaced today, is this the same Mahle you are speaking of?
Old 08-07-2017, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

i think thats thats ma lee, not mahle
Old 08-07-2017, 06:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

You do know that Mahle is a worldwide company right? We dont use their thrust plates though, we use gm...but maybe gm gets them from mahle and they are from china. I could not tell you on that.

Mahle has manuf plants all over the us and the world. Many companies like federal mogul and borg warner do as well.

Keep reaching though....im sure it brings you pleasure.

Lets trade. Here is a pic of an american made product from the same company. Rod bearings for sbc and ls engines
Old 08-07-2017, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

So Exactly where are your Mahle Water Pumps Made?
Old 08-08-2017, 07:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The trunion set was likely either comp or whomever comp gets theirs from. No argument there nor did i say they were from overseas.

As far as the rest, everyone can do their own research on it. They offer so many under summit brand its nearly impossible to catalog them all unless you work there.
So you are making accusations about a competitor with no proof? Good to know! That is very respectable of you!

I am in sales and I learned a LONG time ago to just keep my mouth shut about something I really know nothing about. Some advice to you: Try the same approach I took. Customers respect you a lot more for what you know about your products than what you claim to know about others, and in this case, you really do not seem to know a lot.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

You did state "besides the obvious" meaning you know some parts are made overseas that they sell yet did not call out the obvious.

Im not going to argue a point you clearly know the answer to also. You proved my point.

A quick internet search shows you what you are trying to argue about with me. Some of their electronics, fittings, fuel pumps are not made in the us. Like i said their listings are so numerous under their brand. You want me to point at one specific part number, yet i have a feeling ill get sn argument on that as well from one direction or another.

There is no winning the argument as it will just be beating a zombie horse.

As far as sales go, im sure you are well qualified for your position. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Are you getting close to pulling those rockers off your truck?
Old 08-09-2017, 10:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

It should be likely close to the weekend. Working really late cuts down on the drive time.
Thank you for keeping up though! ill definitely keep you informed.

Quick Reply: Rpmspeed New HD rocker sets (not comp)