Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

let's see your 4" catbacks...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 04:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default let's see your 4" catbacks...

Since 4" is to small a phrase for the search and adding catback add every catback let's see what you have. I have an idea but I'd like to see what others have done.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I will be putting my 3.5" TSP on the car this weekend. Not 4" but it looks like a nice kit especially with the 3.5" cutout and the big 4" corsa clone tips
Old 01-15-2018, 04:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
Since 4" is to small a phrase for the search and adding catback add every catback let's see what you have. I have an idea but I'd like to see what others have done.
from what i remember years ago you had a pretty sweet hand formed merge with 4" through a magnaflow out back with turndown right?
Old 01-15-2018, 05:05 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Full-Force
from what i remember years ago you had a pretty sweet hand formed merge with 4" through a magnaflow out back with turndown right?
I’ve had a few different set ups. First was a flowmaster 4” merge into a corsa. Then a custom built y into a corsa. Then into a dual dual. Now American racing into a dual dual. It flows well, I only pick up 5rwhp with the cutout open, but the car rarely gets driven lately I don’t mind if it’s a bit more rowdy. And some of the packing in the muffler has found it’s way out of the muffler...
Old 01-16-2018, 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie

I’ve had a few different set ups. First was a flowmaster 4” merge into a corsa. Then a custom built y into a corsa. Then into a dual dual. Now American racing into a dual dual. It flows well, I only pick up 5rwhp with the cutout open, but the car rarely gets driven lately I don’t mind if it’s a bit more rowdy. And some of the packing in the muffler has found it’s way out of the muffler...
got a pic of your latest setup?
Old 01-16-2018, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Full Force, Don't get too excited yet. You have to get a 3" to 3.5" adapter slightly enlarged on small side welded on your y-pipe. You also have to cut the 2.5" section of y-pipe off to lose the restriction. TSP will tell you it hooks right up, but it doesn't. If you have one already, good deal. If not, shoot me a note and I can tell you where to order one. In stainless, it wasn't easy to find.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by stp001
Full Force, Don't get too excited yet. You have to get a 3" to 3.5" adapter slightly enlarged on small side welded on your y-pipe. You also have to cut the 2.5" section of y-pipe off to lose the restriction. TSP will tell you it hooks right up, but it doesn't. If you have one already, good deal. If not, shoot me a note and I can tell you where to order one. In stainless, it wasn't easy to find.
I modded my y pipe weeks ago. It now has a 3.5" merge on it. I cut about halfway up the merge and then wrapped a 3.5' pipe around that area so it goes from oval to round.

I will try and snap a pic of it asap
Old 01-17-2018, 01:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by stp001
defeats the purpose of a 3.5" catback if you are going to neck it down to 2.75" in the y pipe ....
Old 01-17-2018, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will try and snap a pic of it asap[/QUOTE]

I apologize for interfering. It would certainly appear that you have the situation well under control!
Old 01-20-2018, 05:09 PM
9 Second Club

Sorry I don’t have any pics of my current setup. But man 4” exhaust sure must be rare!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Sorry I don’t have any pics of my current setup. But man 4” exhaust sure must be rare!
Because everybody is drinking the duals kool-aid ...;been there done that.

A good large diameter single pipe with good merge makes equal power and retains the sound.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:55 AM
TECH Junkie

My car never ran better than with this exhaust I made!

Quick Reply: let's see your 4" catbacks...