Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Sold my c5 a while back, but just picked up a 2014 SS!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sold my c5 a while back, but just picked up a 2014 SS!!

Hi everyone, I've been on this forum for a while and have had tons of experience working on and building LS's for the past few years. Just a quick background, I turned 18 last week. That being said I'm no stranger to speed. I am very fortunate to be in the position I am in and be able to do the stuff that I do and have the skills and ability to do it.

Two years ago I bought a c5 corvette. It was super high mileage (230,000+) and was automatic and I got it for $5500 (running, driving, clean title). Anyways it was cammed and yada yada and made a bit over 400 wheel but the auto tranny was just killing me. It was great fun but I wanted something different.

two days ago I saw a 2014 camaro ss/rs for sale for a very good price. I went up to the dealer and me being 18 y/o, I had no credit. I had one of mt parents cosign for me and walked out of there 4 hours later to see my camaro.

Here she is. 2014 camaro ss/rs. 28 thousand miles. 6 speed. Clean carfax and title of course. She's pretty nippy but way too quiet for my tayste.

What do y'all think?!
Old 03-25-2018, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride!
You're definitely fortunate to be able to buy a car like that at such a young age. And what I like is you didn't beat around the bush about having your parents cosign with you. Mad respect for that
Old 03-25-2018, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Firebird_lsx
Nice ride!
You're definitely fortunate to be able to buy a car like that at such a young age. And what I like is you didn't beat around the bush about having your parents cosign with you. Mad respect for that
I appreciate it sir, I work hard for the things i have. I especially don't want to ever be considered spoiled or that my parents paid for it, because it is all me.

My father had a transformers edition ss when they first came out in 2010 and he regrets selling it greatly so he was very supportive of my decision.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moekluse
I appreciate it sir, I work hard for the things i have. I especially don't want to ever be considered spoiled or that my parents paid for it, because it is all me.

My father had a transformers edition ss when they first came out in 2010 and he regrets selling it greatly so he was very supportive of my decision.
No problem, its good that you work for the things you have. It will make you appreciate them more.
I have a 2010 Camaro ss, i don't drive it as much anymore since I finished with my fully built TA. But at the time when I bought it (21) it was a gift to myself for graduating college. Been wanting to trade it in on a truck for sometime but not sure if im comfortable letting it go just yet.

Look forward to seeing what you do with the car!
Old 03-25-2018, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You'll regret it. I have a ram 1500 4x4 that I bought with a "bad tranny" but it turned out to just be the solenoid pack so I swapped it out and boom. It's a great idea to have a truck, but I would absolutely have a camaro and a crappy cheap truck vs a nice truck and no camaro. Driving the ram gets very old and it gets horrible mileage lol. It does come in handy sometimes though!
Old 03-25-2018, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moekluse
You'll regret it. I have a ram 1500 4x4 that I bought with a "bad tranny" but it turned out to just be the solenoid pack so I swapped it out and boom. It's a great idea to have a truck, but I would absolutely have a camaro and a crappy cheap truck vs a nice truck and no camaro. Driving the ram gets very old and it gets horrible mileage lol. It does come in handy sometimes though!

I can assure you the camaro will have atleast an slp loud mouth and an k&n intake within the month. I'm just trying to work hard and make as much as I can just to line up a few months payments so I don't have to worry about anything, so it will be a while before I can afford to do lowering springs, wheels, tires, splitter, etc... just enough to make it sinister. Maybe after college I can procharger it 😁
Old 03-27-2018, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Good for you man! Not too many guys at your age have their priorities straight like you! Congratulations on the new car and best of luck, looking forward to seeing you mod it.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by capelajc
Good for you man! Not too many guys at your age have their priorities straight like you! Congratulations on the new car and best of luck, looking forward to seeing you mod it.
I really appreciate it sir!