Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kee Audio still in business?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kee Audio still in business?

Anyone know if he's still in business? Website is up but no response from email or Facebook Messenger in about a week
Old 01-24-2020, 08:51 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Yes, Ian is still in business although it is a side venture for him after his full time job and family so it can take some time to get a response occasionally. However, another member got a response from him yesterday so you might want to send another email in case your earlier one got buried in his inbox.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Good to know. In that case I'll just order what I need
Old 04-24-2020, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Bumping this thread.

Did you order your stuff and receive successfully? The payment part of the site kinda worries me. You just click "pay now" before entering any shipping information or anything.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Ian is legit and a good guy. I can vouch for him. Website is admittedly a bit dated.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by M4N14C
Ian is legit and a good guy. I can vouch for him. Website is admittedly a bit dated.
Thanks man. Having spent some time on the site, and reading his guides and other parts he does seem very passionate and genuine. I went ahead and ordered my stuff. Just trying to be careful these days
Old 05-09-2020, 02:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

For anyone else venturing in this thread, I just ordered and received all my stuff from Kee. Don't let the dated website detour you, Ian was quick to ship and respond to emails.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:43 AM
Teching In

Thanks I got my stuff too, time to install!
Old 05-27-2020, 09:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought the adapter piece from Kee audio so my steering wheel controls would work. It hasn’t worked in years but would like to see if you guys have used this piece and got it to work?
Old 05-28-2020, 06:30 AM
Teching In

Sorry my friend, I do not have steering wheel controls. On a side note, I've received and installed my speakers from Kee Audio. I'm not much of an electrical / interior person but got them all installed without any real hang ups. Only onesone retrofit mod because I believe they updated the design of the sail panel speaker.

Sound is fantastic, can't wait to put in my head unit!
Old 05-28-2020, 10:31 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by bjamick
I bought the adapter piece from Kee audio so my steering wheel controls would work. It hasn’t worked in years but would like to see if you guys have used this piece and got it to work?
There are several different steering wheel control adapters by different companies (PAC, PIE, iSimple, etc.) - which one did you get?
Old 05-28-2020, 10:34 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by Fictionx
Sorry my friend, I do not have steering wheel controls. On a side note, I've received and installed my speakers from Kee Audio. I'm not much of an electrical / interior person but got them all installed without any real hang ups. Only onesone retrofit mod because I believe they updated the design of the sail panel speaker.

Sound is fantastic, can't wait to put in my head unit!
Sorry, I don't understand the highlighted sentence. Can you explain? There were no changes made to the Monsoon sail panel speaker design at any point during production although the Camaro and Firebird speakers were always different from each other.
Old Today, 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

My sensor showed up in the mail yesterday after 3 weeks wait. Was in stock, ready to ship, supposedly it had been shipped twice before but kept getting returned by my local post office as unable to deliver. No tracking information was given to me for either of these first two packages. My post office for a town of 800 people said they have had no packages that were unable to be delivered, postmaster knows me personally. Speedmax innovations quit replying to my messages, and only started communicating after I filed a dispute with PayPal.

If this sensor dosent work out I'll get a hold of you guys for one.

Quick Reply: Kee Audio still in business?