Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

Help Me Build My Car Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005 | 10:07 PM
Banned

Default Help Me Build My Car Please!!!

I am shooting for a car that can outrun anything on the street and most of what is on the street driven class at the track. This is what I have so far:

CAS Twin T-60-1 Turbos kit
LME Short block w/ all forged goodies
23x custom grind turbo cam
West Coast Racing Stage II heads that flow 310 cfm

Now I need the following:

4L80-E; Rossler, FLP, who??
Rear; 9 inch, 12 bolt, what??
Suspension; need parts and brands????
wheels and tires; need street package and track package
intake; ls6, BBK 85 SS-I series, FAST 90, 78???
Ignition; no idea what I need here???
Drive Shaft; no idea here either
Flex plate; no idea
cat back; can I just run to the Y pipe then stop-Arkansas=No Inspections

anything else can help as well, what do you guys think will help me get there?? Thanks
Old 04-20-2005 | 01:10 AM
9 Second Club

I would do a 4L80E if you have to have OD. If not definitely do a TH400. It is not much different on the street. I drove mine for over a year everyday to work and home.

9in, so you don't have to do it again. Moser is the cheapest probably. If money is not an issue I would do a Billingsley Fab 9in with light parts.

All Madman or Wolfe Suspension period. I would go completely solid but if you have to then use poly but as little as needed.

Welds are cheapest probably. Bogarts are nice.

With your setup I would go WAR intake (Carburator style) with a 90 degree elbow

Big Stuff 3, with no exceptions

Dennys makes a life time warrenty DS. It is a nice piece

TCI makes a SFI approved flexplate. It will fit any bolt pattern for any converter

As little exhaust as possible. I would run open down pipe but that is just me.
Old 04-20-2005 | 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

Good choice going with LME, you cant go wrong.

If the car is going to be light enough, and you need overdrive I would call Mike Kurtz at century transmissions for a 200-r4. Or possibly even get a glide or th400, yes you can street drive both of those.

Go ahead and do a 9 inch now, you wont have to change again.

Wolfe Suspension all the way.

You can make plenty of power with a ls6 manifold, or a GMPP intake with a 90 elbow and TB.

Ignition wise you should be fine with the stock coils. If you have problems with blowing the spark out, you could possibly go to truck coils.

You can try to tune it all with a stock computer, but the easiest way to do it is go BS3
Old 04-20-2005 | 06:01 PM
Banned

Default thanks

Hey CJ thanks for the info, and TApimp, is Spohn not a great suspension compnay. I am trying to get them to help sponsor me. I would like to stick to all one suspension company and really like the things I have heard about Spohn. Where can I get the BIG STUFF 3 I keep hearing so much about??? Thanks.
Old 04-21-2005 | 09:15 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by GueSS Who
I would do a 4L80E if you have to have OD. If not definitely do a TH400. It is not much different on the street. I drove mine for over a year everyday to work and home.

9in, so you don't have to do it again. Moser is the cheapest probably. If money is not an issue I would do a Billingsley Fab 9in with light parts.

All Madman or Wolfe Suspension period. I would go completely solid but if you have to then use poly but as little as needed.

Welds are cheapest probably. Bogarts are nice.

With your setup I would go WAR intake (Carburator style) with a 90 degree elbow

Big Stuff 3, with no exceptions

Dennys makes a life time warrenty DS. It is a nice piece

TCI makes a SFI approved flexplate. It will fit any bolt pattern for any converter

As little exhaust as possible. I would run open down pipe but that is just me.

i agree probably 100% with everything said here. but of course, you'll have to run 2 downpipes with the twins. only thing is i would recommend at least some form of a muffler....bullet or 12" bodied muffler or something else race only. jmo.

Dave
Old 04-21-2005 | 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

All the fastest f -body cars run wolfe suspension. KECHME's car has been 1.24 60 ft with wolfe suspension.
Old 04-22-2005 | 12:48 AM
Banned

Default exhaust

I do't have any inspections so can I just run to the y pipe then completely stop it? Will that work? Also who sells Big Stuff 3? Thanks.
Old 04-22-2005 | 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

W2W (Wheel to Wheel Powertrain) will probably be your best bet for Big Stuff 3.
Old 04-22-2005 | 06:45 PM
Banned

Default sponsors

So how hard would it be to get companies to sponsor me? I will sign a 2 year contract with any of them, and even longer if needed, I just really want my car done, and I really just can't afford everything right now.
Old 04-26-2005 | 12:32 AM
TECH Addict

I got my BS3 from W2W but I heard that Prescion Turbo sells it cheaper. I'm also a big believer in Wolfe suspension components.
Old 04-27-2005 | 12:29 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
I got my BS3 from W2W but I heard that Prescion Turbo sells it cheaper. I'm also a big believer in Wolfe suspension components.
Ya because this car went 1.27 60ft and all the rest are 1.33-6 on the rear tires. lol

Wolfe is the only way IMO. You can buy the full suspension kit from them and save quite abit. If you call a sponsor that is a carrier of Wolfe(RPM, Fastech) you might be able to get it abit cheaper when buying in quanity.

Pm me for numbers if you need them
Old 04-27-2005 | 09:32 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Originally Posted by Auctane_71
1. So how hard would it be to get companies to sponsor me?

2. I just really want my car done, and I really just can't afford everything right now.
1. Very difficult to obtain any meaningful sponsorship.
2. You are in exactly the same situation as most racers, so don't feel alone. Can you take-out a loan or borrow the money?
Old 04-27-2005 | 10:08 PM
Banned

Default ttt

Bickle, I am 19 and no I can't take out a loan. I only need parts and services, no money. I have most of the big things like I have a tranny going to be built and LME is building the engine, I really just need a rear and suspension, and a few more things. I have already spent close to $25,000 on this, just need to finish here up

The package deal would be cheaper huh, CJ, cool, I will pm you for the number to FASTECH because I want them to tune it as well Thanks guys.
Old 04-29-2005 | 12:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Auctane_71
Bickle, I am 19 and no I can't take out a loan. I only need parts and services, no money. I have most of the big things like I have a tranny going to be built and LME is building the engine, I really just need a rear and suspension, and a few more things. I have already spent close to $25,000 on this, just need to finish here up

The package deal would be cheaper huh, CJ, cool, I will pm you for the number to FASTECH because I want them to tune it as well Thanks guys.
Hahaha, I feel you dude!!!! Being young and trying to build a race car is hard cuz you can't get any kind of credit!!! I don't understand it, it's retarded, nobody will give you credit, but they want you to have credit to get credit!!!! How the hell am I ever supposed to get credit?! I'm 22 years old, work a full time job and bring home between 50k - 60k a year, pay all my bills on time or early and usually more than the minimum!!!! I have 3 credit cards, but they're all at a $300 limit and they won't raise it at all and it's been about a year and a half since i've had 'em!!!! That's what kills me, the company's see I have such low limits, and I can never get approved for anything!!! I couldn't even get a loan to get a new work van, so I had to buy a piece of **** outright since I didn't have that much cash!!! It's been a year and a half since I tried to get a loan for my work van, and I went the other day to see if I could trade in my piece of crap and get a loan for a newer one, and now I can get the loan, but they wanna hit me with a 22% interest rate, **** that!!!! A van that would've been $250 a month would be like $400 instead, so I told 'em to **** off!!! Guess i'll just have to try and make this one last till I can hopefully eventually build up my credit!!!
Old 04-29-2005 | 12:28 AM
TECH Junkie

PS - Check the for sale section on here everyday, there's always killer deals in there, and that's how i've gotten a lot of stuff for my car at a price I could afford!!! LS1tech rules!!!
Old 04-29-2005 | 08:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The best thing for you to do to get a sponsor is build the car. Go to races and do well and set some records. Its alot easier to get help that way. You wouldnt believe how many cars I have built AND helped out sponsorship wise that never hit the track.

225-343-9029
Old 04-29-2005 | 08:40 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Originally Posted by MADMAN
The best thing for you to do to get a sponsor is build the car. Go to races
Which is what we're dong.
Old 04-29-2005 | 08:45 AM
Banned

Default ttt

I guess it is like this, to get a sponsor to give you parts, you already have to have the parts that you need from the sponsor, and to get money from the sponsdor to build your car, you have to already have like $50,000 in it before a sponsor will even think about giving you money, which if you can afford to spend $50,000 on a car, you probably don't need sponsors, as you already have a ton of money to put down on a car. I do understand that a sponsor is looking out for them, and that if they sponsored everyone that asked, then they would be broke with a lot of cars that would probably run at the track once, then sale a car with a ton of free parts. That is why I will sign a 2 or more year contract with whomever helps me get my car up and running, hell, I will even sign the title over as collateral I think since I have all of the big stuff like the engine, tranny, Twin Turbo setup, fuel system, torque converter, k member, and a few other parts and car, that would mean I am serious about doing this. All I need to finish my car is the guages, BIG Stuff 3, a rear end, drive shaft, Intake, all suspension, wheels and tires. So can anyone help me??
Old 04-29-2005 | 09:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Is the cage done, car wired, fuel system plumbed, turbo hot and cold piping done?? Unfortuneatly I see where you are coming from. You have at least another
$30 000.00 to go to finish the car. The best thing to do is find a reputable shop bring them the car and talk to them about what you want to do. I told you I would be interested in setting up the car.

I your sponsorship proposal you never stated where you were planning to race. What class and sanctioning body would help.

225-343-9029
Old 04-29-2005 | 10:05 PM
Banned

Default ttt

Yea, I was figuring around the same amount of money, pm sent to madman, and whatever class I qualify for I guess

Quick Reply: Help Me Build My Car Please!!!