Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

old boring small block, 9.41

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, It wont go 1/4 mile racing with this gear, 8000 rpm is too high for the current setup and valve float is supposed to occur before that lol but for now I will play on 1/8th mile
Old 07-19-2008, 12:17 AM
9 Second Club

oh now I am mad, I got DQed friday night, for the W tires i have. The leader of the whining bunch has a 67-68 camaro with a big block, that doesnt hook all that well, so he is mad at everybody that is faster than him, I guess they got mad since i changed springs, and got it to work like I want, It pulled a pretty good wheelie and I beat a pretty fast mustang...funny part was the nitrous was going on and off all the way down the track, so I had like 50 percent lol, I think it was the full throttle switch, I adjusted it but didnt get to make another pass, I even asked if they would let me run the fastest guy in the class ( I have already made him use it up once lol) I just wanted to see if I could put it on the bumper so I think i am going to try some 28x9's that i can get cheap, just for spite, if that doesnt work, Ill get some fresh non w tires that will work even better than what i have , they have given up some since last year .........I am a little pissed, so i have decided I am going to get serious, time to start working on those headers, maybe 2 inch, or maybe stepped.......this could be fun, also I think it is time for a second stage of nitrous...oh wait they sell e85 in town now, going to price turbos lol
Old 07-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Teching In

well you need to help me i cant get my car to 60' worth a ****....
Old 07-21-2008, 10:27 PM
9 Second Club

30 spline axles might not like all that hooking lol
Old 07-26-2008, 12:06 AM
9 Second Club

ok, got back to the track with new tires, man it was fun. first pass, 70 chevelle, with wheelie bars , blew his doors off, nice wheelie, 2nd pass wait in water box, watch car in front turn right and get crap all over track, turn down nitrous, track clears, blip the throttle to get the tires wet roll out of water, set line lock, hit the gas pushes a bit, stop set line lock again, smack throttle, it lifts the front tires...hmm, so i stage and let her rip, really nice wheelie about three feet up , about 40-50 foot out, haulin real good hit 2, hit 3rd...shift light comes on again, and its not spinning the tires ...get back to pits later to check where i have that set 7500 rpm....damn I need to go to a track with timers now If that is right I got one hell of a car lol
Old 07-28-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

videos photos?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:41 PM
9 Second Club

some stills, one is pretty cool

that one is the one that got me DQ'ed lol

first round, was worried about the chevelle in the other lane, NMCA number and wheelie bars there was a possibility he knew what he was doing...he doesnt lol

second round, carried this one a ways out there, this place isnt much better than a parking lot as far as traction, but I found some lol I am waiting to see what they say isnt legal on the car this week.......
Old 07-29-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Front wheel drive is illegal in RWD classes duh!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:56 PM
9 Second Club

well, no it isnt, the way the rules are in this class, bring it lol
Old 08-15-2008, 11:35 PM
9 Second Club

well this doesnt look good..

I am going to put milodon caps in the 3 middle mains then take it easy on it i guess lol
I had found some small pieces of non magnetic stuff in the pan so i tore it down, turns out the valve springs were rubbing on the head lol
Old 03-05-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Update your page already, we are building something to bust your *** with

Old 03-05-2009, 09:43 PM
9 Second Club

hey, how the hell are ya? That looks like an interesting project there, pair of hair driers I see, since i see a grill I know it isnt your tin can though lol.
I had to change main caps, looked like the crank wanted to get out. I took it out a few times since, last time I had the front limiters break, and it stood up, quite a ways lol long story short,it was headed for the other lane so i stood on the brakes during a wheelie and hit hard as hell, I broke the bell housing, bent a wheel and I can see the oil pump pick up tube impression in the bottom of the oil pan. So I have been playing with that for awhile. got really close to needing a chute though...149.05 mph
Old 03-31-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Better get you some training wheels for that thing lol. That sucks about the damage. I can't afford to fix my car so I've been helping my buddy do his car and then I'll talk him into letting me drive it.

I'll go faster, he's over 100 pounds more than me lol.

How's the new year going? I'm back in college, trying to learn Spanish since it is the new American language and taking biology and lifting weights since I am starting to get older gotta keep in shape to beat up the punk kids around the block lol

Quick Reply: old boring small block, 9.41